Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
04-09-2014, 05:54 AM   #151
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
Too bad really.
You were doing so well with your first MF lens too.
Aw shucks Jack.
As it turns out, inspiration hit me when I least expected it, so I live another day...

04-09-2014, 06:00 AM   #152
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I'm out. I'm just not feeling the Helios, and 21 consecutive "Single Ins" has taken its toll. Inspiration exhausted.
I need to spend a while shooting when, and with what, I want.

I love ya's all.
Don't know how you did 21 in a row. Best to take a break if the pleasure is no longer there.
04-09-2014, 06:25 AM   #153
Veteran Member

I'm just not feeling the Helios,
Well if that last image is an example of you "not feeling it", then I can't imagine what it'd be like if you were into this lens! Anyway, as my longest streak of continuous single-ins remains at 1, I completely understand needing a break. I do have to tell you that your images this month have me on the lookout for my first Helios!
04-09-2014, 06:25 AM   #154
Veteran Member

I'm out. I'm just not feeling the Helios, and 21 consecutive "Single Ins" has taken its toll. Inspiration exhausted. I need to spend a while shooting when, and with what, I want.
That's great for my LBA, two days ago I found myself looking for a hellius lens, haha.

We will miss your flowers, get back soon.

04-09-2014, 07:33 AM   #155
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm out. I'm just not feeling the Helios, and 21 consecutive "Single Ins" has taken its toll. Inspiration exhausted.

I love ya's all.
My goodness, but I am so with you. I've hit the mid month down period, and really, really have a drop in inspiration. Just too many dumb flower pictures. I'm on the bubble of bailing out too. It hasn't been 21 consecutive but it's been many months over the last 3 plus years. I think I need another break.

Last edited by blackcloudbrew; 04-09-2014 at 08:29 AM.
04-09-2014, 07:58 AM   #156
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I find it exhausting after just 1 month. That you managed 21 in a row, Sandy, is downright impressive.
04-09-2014, 08:30 AM   #157
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
I find it exhausting after just 1 month. That you managed 21 in a row, Sandy, is downright impressive.
Without a doubt, Sandy is a trooper.

04-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #158
Veteran Member

Glad the inspiration came back Sandy, I am enjoying your shots. It's not helping to curb my need to replace the Helios I sold a few years back
04-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #159
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I love ya's all.
We'll miss you....enjoy your break and come back inspired.
04-10-2014, 01:26 AM - 1 Like   #160
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sometimes the gods really smile .

My wallet was feeling somewhat forlorn this morning after forking out over $400 for my annual visit to the dentist . Ironically another hit to the same wallet just an hour later had me in a very happy mood .

With a little time to kill before taking Mrs Rod to her hair dressing appointment I dropped in at a second hand store purely on spec. Rummaging through the shelves I picked up a set of M42 extension tubes and a couple of other nicknacks. Then it was time to inspect the lenses on offer. Tucked away in a corner .... an as-new K 50/1.2 for $100 . No caps, no hood, no case, but the lens is in excellent condition. Couldn't believe my good fortune. Cheers!
04-10-2014, 01:43 AM   #161
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote

.... an as-new K 50/1.2 for $100 . No caps, no hood, no case, but the lens is in excellent condition. Couldn't believe my good fortune. Cheers!
"Congratz" ... talk about a change of fortune, so to speak ... enjoy, J
04-10-2014, 03:15 AM   #162
Pentaxian

Holy monkey!

congrats!
(I wish that some day I'll find something similar...)

My wallet was feeling somewhat forlorn this morning after forking out over $400 for my annual visit to the dentist . Ironically another hit to the same wallet just an hour later had me in a very happy mood .

With a little time to kill before taking Mrs Rod to her hair dressing appointment I dropped in at a second hand store purely on spec. Rummaging through the shelves I picked up a set of M42 extension tubes and a couple of other nicknacks. Then it was time to inspect the lenses on offer. Tucked away in a corner .... an as-new K 50/1.2 for $100 . No caps, no hood, no case, but the lens is in excellent condition. Couldn't believe my good fortune. Cheers!
04-10-2014, 03:25 AM   #163
Veteran Member

Wow! Lucky you!
04-10-2014, 03:27 AM - 1 Like   #164
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Tucked away in a corner .... an as-new K 50/1.2 for $100 . No caps, no hood, no case, but the lens is in excellent condition.
The same thing happened to me early one morning.
Then I woke up.
04-10-2014, 04:39 AM - 2 Likes   #165
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I picked up a mint MX body with M50 1.7 for $86AUD tonight, not as good as Rod, but still OK. I can sell the lens to Sandy or Clive for $86

@Rod, you will have to go and have Lasik surgery to be able to use that lens, there goes another $5000 !!!