QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Well, come back !!!!!

Have a big +1 to that.

05-17-2014, 08:35 PM   #122
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
A friend of mine passed away this week and I thought I was doing well, but things are catching up with me and I am behind. The funeral is tomorrow and I hope I can get back on track soon. Doing this challenge is so good for my mental health and I know my friend would not want me to dwell too much.
You have my thoughts and best wishes during this difficult time.

I haven't been on during the last week, because a very close friend of mine is involved in the fight of her life as well.
I haven't held a camera for the last 10 days or so, it is the last thing on my mind, it's a real struggle when you know what the possible outcome are.

Keep your chin up.

I'll be back when / if I can.
Thanks for the kind comments on my photos.
05-18-2014, 04:00 AM   #123
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote

I haven't been on during the last week, because a very close friend of mine is involved in the fight of her life as well.

I haven't held a camera for the last 10 days or so, it is the last thing on my mind, it's a real struggle when you know what the possible outcome are.

Keep your chin up.

Really sorry to hear that. I'm glad you managed some photo-therapy today - and that you found it helpful.
05-18-2014, 04:59 AM   #124
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Like so often around here Jack, I'm sure your strength and levelheaded presence is appreciated by your ladyfriend. Keep up the fight. Don't forget to recreate to charge your spirit - there is merit to a warm smile to a person in need.

05-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #125

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote

Keep your chin up.

Thinking of you too John, I send you good thoughts for your friend.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and comments. As time goes by I know it will be easier, but it's odd how it hits you at the strangest of times. I took some shots yesterday but it was more of a chore than a desire. Hopefully my desire to shoot returns soon and I can pick up like I never stopped.

Stevi
05-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #126
Pentaxian

Stevi and John, what tough times you're going through, take care and best wishes, Simon.
05-18-2014, 10:20 PM   #127
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thinking of you too John. All best wishes.

05-19-2014, 01:00 AM   #128
Pentaxian

It is here, where I can see veriety of life. from childrens joy, and passing a way of older members and friends.

Take care Stevi and John. Good that things are getting better, even if not at full speed yet.
05-19-2014, 05:48 AM   #129
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Unfortunately, I have to end my challenge for this month. Work and life have caught to me, and I find that the time I have to look for photos, to shoot and to post is getting less and lesser everyday.

I have posted my last few images, and most of them are actually safeties.

I may try to participate again later in the future, when my situation improves.

Sorry.
05-20-2014, 11:04 AM   #130
Veteran Member

Got my next lens coming soon, the venerable da15. Been lusting after this glass and metal object for the last two and a bit years
05-20-2014, 11:13 AM   #131
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hagiri_11 Quote
Unfortunately, I have to end my challenge for this month. Work and life have caught to me, and I find that the time I have to look for photos, to shoot and to post is getting less and lesser everyday.

Sorry.
Don't worry about it, hagiri. These things happen, and while it's supposed to be a challenge it's also (more importantly) supposed to be fun.

Take a break and come back when you feel like it.

---------- Post added 2014-05-20 at 15:09 ----------

Hrm. So something I noticed on Saturday when I swapped out my finished Tri-X for a roll of Portra: the colour Kodak films seem to like slipping out of the take-up spool on my Spottie. No problem with any of the Ilfords I've used, and none with the Tri-X, but both the Portra and Ultramax wanted to start slipping out when I started winding.

Thankfully I caught this one early enough. (I'm also going through it faster than the Tri-X, but that may just be due to the long weekend.)
05-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #132
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hagiri_11 Quote

Sorry.

Sorry things have overtaken you. But as g026r said, it's a fun thing, and don't stress about it.

See you back another time 8)
05-20-2014, 01:42 PM   #133
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
the colour Kodak films seem to like slipping out of the take-up spool on my Spottie
Similar problem to what I had with the K1000 - the base of the film is definitely a different sort than the acetates used in B&W. its got more backbone...
05-22-2014, 12:05 AM   #134
Veteran Member

Sorry, no shot today. Had a midterm in the morning that absolutely drained me, and then blew off some steam with my class mates in the afternoon until now. Will throw up a safety when I get a chance
05-22-2014, 12:44 PM   #135

Howdy all, I've been looking at all of your great pictures and want to try this for next month. How do you decide on witch lens to use? Right now I've got a few zooms like the DA 18-55, FA 18-55, Older 35mm's Sigma 28-80 Macro, Tamron 80-210, and I'm picking up this weekend a M 50mm f2 and an unknown Manual 80-210. Witch one would you guys recomend to start with?

I'm thinking that as a new photographer this will help me learn more about how to use my lenses for diffrent situations. In the past I've basicly used the Sigma with my KX-7 in auto mode just to take pictures of the kids when they were little before I went to a P&S digital.