Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
10-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #31

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
Great idea for a thread. Having run out of new things to photo on the photo-a-day challenges I've been playing around with blown out exposures (versus flares). ...
Wow, those are great! I love all three shots. Very creative. Thanks for sharing them here.

10-29-2014, 12:11 PM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
Great idea for a thread. Having run out of new things to photo on the photo-a-day challenges I've been playing around with blown out exposures (versus flares). Firstly, by high keying "good photos", but then developing the confidence to deliberately blow out images using manual settings. Its fun trying to produce images that merge in with the white of the forum page.

Here are three attempts. The first is a silhouette that wouldn't have been possible without blow-out - I tried to do this first by post processing a "normally exposed" photo but it needed blow out. The second by a Macro Takumar 50/4 - mine is prone to blow out, and it can be used to good effect. The third is more conventional high key I guess....

Great shots! All three are captivating, and yet very different.