Photos: Gallery
I have made up my mind and the lens for September will be Helios44M-4

08-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Single in September 2014

QuoteOriginally posted by vZwicky Quote
Hello all,

I'm fairly new to this forum. This seems a good way to become an active member, so I'm in. Will be shooting with my K50 coupled with...? Well, I'm not sure yet. I have a few to choose from

I doubt my recent ebay purchase (S-M-C Takumar 85mm 1.8) will arrive by the 1st of the month, so I'll likely go with another.

Welcome

QuoteOriginally posted by hypernotactive Quote
I have made up my mind and the lens for September will be Helios44M-4

Coolness

---------- Post added 28th Aug 2014 at 07:46 AM ----------

Oh, and for any new folks, (or anyone else forgetful), if your challenge photos are on Flickr, please add them to the challenge group
08-27-2014, 03:23 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote

Oh, and for any new folks, (or anyone else forgetful), if your challenge photos are on Flickr, please add them to the challenge group
I didn't even know about that group. I'll have to go back and add mine and remember to add them in the future.
08-27-2014, 04:15 PM   #34
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kdf9511 Quote
I didn't even know about that group. I'll have to go back and add mine and remember to add them in the future.
Did not know about it either - Sent request to join

08-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey fellas, I saw Nathan's post here about a request to join, and added them to the Flickr Group. Flickr is not sending out mail inidcating a pending request, so my apologees for the delay. Happy Shooting, and dont forget to tag your photos with a suitable Single In "month" tag (I usually use SiSept format). And add your "explored" photos to the thread.
08-27-2014, 10:48 PM   #36

I tried to join the Flickr challenge group but got this message: "joining this group is by invitation only." If someone would like to send me an invite my Flickr handle is ChatawaMonster. Thanks!
08-28-2014, 12:24 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vZwicky Quote
I tried to join the Flickr challenge group but got this message: "joining this group is by invitation only." If someone would like to send me an invite my Flickr handle is ChatawaMonster. Thanks!
Sent!

08-28-2014, 04:10 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nope, for the foreseeable future I am unable to participate in the Single In challenge. I have been hoping that eventually I would be able to get onto flickr to do my duty to others, and enjoy the group dynamic of commenting on other people's work. But no, I can't upload to flickr, and I can't follow the links to comment either. Uploading to PF is problematic as there is a low limit to the number of shots I can post, and 500px is limited unless I pay...

But above all, not being able to comment on other people's shots is a real pain, so I am out of it until China/my ISP relents.

Take care guys, I shall be looking at your shots, but not commenting, and not reading your comments.

But wait! I just tried a free vpn I have, and at last it has let me get through, after many tries on different days this month. Oh well, I have a mega task ahead of me now, commenting on 29 days of shots...
08-28-2014, 05:26 AM - 1 Like   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bagga_Txips Quote
Nope, for the foreseeable future I am unable to participate in the Single In challenge. I have been hoping that eventually I would be able to get onto flickr to do my duty to others, and enjoy the group dynamic of commenting on other people's work. But no, I can't upload to flickr, and I can't follow the links to comment either. Uploading to PF is problematic as there is a low limit to the number of shots I can post, and 500px is limited unless I pay...

But above all, not being able to comment on other people's shots is a real pain, so I am out of it until China/my ISP relents.

Take care guys, I shall be looking at your shots, but not commenting, and not reading your comments.

But wait! I just tried a free vpn I have, and at last it has let me get through, after many tries on different days this month. Oh well, I have a mega task ahead of me now, commenting on 29 days of shots...
Ha! That's a bummer! Don't kill yourself commenting. Every day is a new day; just go from here! Looking forward to your future participation. :-)
08-28-2014, 07:29 AM   #40

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
Sent!
Thanks!
08-31-2014, 02:22 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Think I'll Chuck the old sigma 17-70 on and practise with a zoom lens again!
08-31-2014, 06:51 AM   #42

Hello folks!

It's been a long time but I may well be in for september. Not entirely sure yet as my new job lets me see fewer interesting places on the way, but I'll sure try.

Now I have to find a lens. I'd like to try my recently-acquired DA21 Ltd, or maybe its sibling DA40; probably the 21 as I don't use wide angles nearly enough.
08-31-2014, 12:33 PM   #43
Veteran Member

I'm back in!
I got a nice little DKL-PK adapter in the mail so I will be shooting with my wonderful Voigtländer Septon 1:2/50 that matches nicely with my silver K-5. It's a really solid piece of metal with wonderful mechanical quality. The aperture settings is actually controlled from the adapter with adjusting DOF markers moving as you stop down and focus. The only real downside is the long min focus due to the flange distance being extreme due to the original camera having a leaf shutter.

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I'll also set out in September. Just now starting to get my head on straight and I think the extra month will help me to move more further in my recovery. I'm having problems with depression, and yesterday I decided it has been too long going on. I'm normally a strong person but this bout with this stuff is wearing me down and I'm tired of it. So I hope to see you all in October.
I know what you are talking about, it just eats you up from inside. I've been struggling myself from time to time with a light variant but never searched any help. Luckily I'm usually surrounded by some beautiful people around me that often brings me back up before I fall too deep.
09-01-2014, 03:34 AM   #44
Veteran Member

I am still not sure if I want to join in, reason being I have tons and tons of holiday snaps that need processing(sitting in my HDD for 9 months now....), but if I am to join in later in the month I would probably go for the FA135 f2.8, itself a great lens but one of my least used ones, the longer FL/shallow DoF could open some more creative ideas for me.
09-01-2014, 08:16 AM   #45

I really want to go with the Sigma 35mm f1.4 DG HSM Art. Is a hard choice for me since I want to do all the lenses that I am planning on selling and the Sigma 35 is not one of them. But seeing that the last two months have produced lenses that I'm actually going to use, it doesn't seem to matter much. I think all the lenses I bought have a good place and I actually had good reason when buying. The only thing that really needs to be addressed for me is the overlapping lenses. The Tamron 90mm AF Macro, the DFA 100mm f2.8 WR and the SMC Tak 105 f2.8 are somewhat overlapping and it won't be the DFA 100 WR because I am going to keep that one. So it is either the SMC Tak 105 f2.8 or the Tamron 90... I choose the Tamron 90 because it's better to get more money whereas the SMC Tak has bokeh and small size. I've bought a K5 II to use as a comparison and will put either the SMC Tak 105 f2.8 or DFA 100 WR, DA18-135 or DA*60-250 on it.

Last edited by airjames; 09-01-2014 at 08:50 AM.