Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to hear John.

09-28-2014, 01:05 AM - 3 Likes   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks to everyone who replied.

Today I got a request to use one of my photos in an upcoming Virgin Australia Airlines onboard magazine (December) "Voyeur Magazine", it will be interesting to see if anything comes of this...

I'm all right, Jack!
09-28-2014, 02:20 AM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
Thanks to everyone who replied.

Today I got a request to use one of my photos in an upcoming Virgin Australia Airlines onboard magazine (December) "Voyeur Magazine", it will be interesting to see if anything comes of this...

I'm all right, Jack!

Most triumphant!
09-28-2014, 04:57 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
I'm all right, Jack!
Great news on your health and the request to use your shot, Hope to see it someday.

09-28-2014, 11:52 PM - 1 Like   #35

I'm in for another month.
Will be using a Super-Takumar 135/3.5 this month. I will probably use it together with a S-M-C Takumar 105/2.8 to see which focal lenght I prefer.
09-29-2014, 07:49 AM - 1 Like   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I am finally able (I hope) to return to the challenge.

I will join "Shottober" with the DA 70. I always opt for the D FA 100, so this will be a nice change of pace.

Edit: A couple of warm up shots with the 100 and 70 ... I think I will miss the macro ability.

Last edited by Zorglub; 09-29-2014 at 10:51 AM.
09-29-2014, 12:50 PM   #37
Pentaxian

OK, given that I just ran a roll through the Spotmatic with the Helios, I've decided on the woefully underused Adaptall 28/2.5.

Bit wider than I'm used to using for an extended period, so this should be interesting.

09-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #38
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'm glad you're better John and will be back in the challenge!

As for my lens, I'm experiementing these last days of September with a few lenses and will give you my choice on the first day.
09-30-2014, 12:53 AM   #39
Pentaxian

Single in October 2014

I'm having second thoughts about October - consisting really in my relative lack of lenses. I want to keep the 135 on my camera because lorikeets, obvs, but I'm not sure that it really meets the spirit of the Challenge. Come to that, I have no lenses I haven't already Singled, and only one (Soligor 35mm with fungus...) that hasn't done two months or more. So it seems silly.

Thing is, if I don't, I could well end up using my Lumix for everyday shots (as I'll still be shooting every day, and it's way lighter), but ... I want to use my Pentax, and continue getting better with it. I dunno. I suppose I'd be using it anyway - because lorikeets and other birdies.

I'll be lurking even if I don't participate though.

09-30-2014, 01:35 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
I'm having second thoughts about October - consisting really in my relative lack of lenses. I want to keep the 135 on my camera because lorikeets, obvs, but I'm not sure that it really meets the spirit of the Challenge. Come to that, I have no lenses I haven't already Singled, and only one (Soligor 35mm with fungus...) that hasn't done two months or more. So it seems silly.
I love your bird shots, do continue the theme.
09-30-2014, 01:56 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Please keep commenting at least Raf. I value your input.
09-30-2014, 02:28 AM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Please keep commenting at least Raf. I value your input.

And I yours. I certainly will keep commenting. In fact, more than learning a lens at this point, what I value most are the comments from this group, which I find really helpful in developing my knowledge and skills in photography in general, as much as (now perhaps more so) than learning a particular lens.

That makes me want to continue, but I keep thinking it doesn't seem to fit the notion of the Single challenge.

I dunno. Maybe I will anyway
09-30-2014, 05:29 AM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote

Thing is, if I don't, I could well end up using my Lumix for everyday shots (as I'll still be shooting every day, and it's way lighter), but ... I want to use my Pentax, and continue getting better with it. I dunno. I suppose I'd be using it anyway - because lorikeets and other birdies.

I'll be lurking even if I don't participate though.

Well I've got too many lenses. I've got lenses I've accumulated and not really used, thinking ahead to these challenges. I really enjoy the Single In challenges because I force myself to make do with the lens for a whole month. I know I can use any of the other lenses to get a shot when I need to, but what I've been doing is picking a lens and keeping it on the camera the whole time, then I just carry my MX-1 for shots that I can't get with the month's lens. It's really nice, because then I prioritize the shot I can get with the K-30 and the month's lens, I do what I can, then I can come in and get a shot with the MX-1 to cover all my bases. (I do have a camera in my Galaxy Note II, but cell phone cameras have always been a joke for me. Not that I'm putting down the IQ, but using a touch screen is just really awkward for me and I can never get it to focus in the right spot, and changing settings on my phone is too much of a chore, compared to the ease of the K-30 or MX-1.)

Tsuken, do you want me to sent you a loaner lens? It won't get there in time to use for October, of course! lol
09-30-2014, 05:48 AM   #44
Pentaxian

You're far too kind. (As noted by PM)

My Lumix G-10 does for little-camera duties, but it's bigger than an MX-1.

And it ain't a Pentax.
09-30-2014, 06:52 AM   #45
Veteran Member

I decided to return the extension tube, it wasn't what advertised, and I can't find another place in Malaysia to buy one. So, my enthusiasm for October has vanished so fast!?
I will carry the M135/3.5 and Kiron 28/2 tomorrow to find which one will get the first photo of the month.

I'm still hopping to get an Auto extension tube, so I will be able to use it with my other lenses. however it's harder and more expensive. I just hope for it.

Last edited by mtux; 09-30-2014 at 08:09 AM.