Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Man, I hope I didn't off more than I can handle this month. Pulling off a 300mm shot a day might prove interesting. I'm going to give notice in advance if there is weather that keeps me inside, I'll probably be stuck relying on keeper shots for those days since indoor shooting will be difficult at best if I can't get out and about.

Luckily the lens is small enough to be portable. For the focal length, its almost compact.

10-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great to see Rense and Iris back in the fold
10-01-2014, 07:05 PM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Late, but I decided to join, hope that is ok?
QuoteOriginally posted by Iris Quote
Yesterday I was thinking It would be nice to take more pictures. Rense told me I could join a single in again...last time I joined it was December. I forgot about it, but this morning he reminded me again, so I am in with the Takumar 55mm
QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
Going to try a month with a new-to-me Tak 35 / 3.5 on the K-30.
Great to have you back guys.

---------- Post added 10-02-14 at 10:06 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Luckily the lens is small enough to be portable. For the focal length, its almost compact.
What lens is it? the F* or FA* one?
10-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote

---------- Post added 10-02-14 at 10:06 AM ----------

What lens is it? the F* or FA* one?
The "Rebranded 1980's Tokina"... LOL

Last edited by Sagitta; 10-01-2014 at 07:25 PM.
10-01-2014, 07:55 PM   #65
Veteran Member

The "Rebranded 1980's Tokina"... LOL
Cool, it really seems small and compact.

And what a grand start to this month guys. Just enjoyed looking at all those nice shots.
10-01-2014, 08:17 PM   #66

Man, I hope I didn't off more than I can handle this month. Pulling off a 300mm shot a day might prove interesting. I'm going to give notice in advance if there is weather that keeps me inside, I'll probably be stuck relying on keeper shots for those days since indoor shooting will be difficult at best if I can't get out and about.

I tip my hat to you for even trying this. That was my plan for last month with the Sigma 70-300mm, but I found that most of my handheld 300mm shots just weren't up to par.
10-01-2014, 08:41 PM   #67

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Tomorrow I head off to the lake for one last time before we close the cottage up for the season. Last time I was out there my internet service was practically non-existent. This of course makes posting and commenting difficult. So If I am quiet or seem not to be posting and commenting consistently I apologize in advance. I promise I will take shots, lots of shots.

10-01-2014, 09:14 PM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
Tomorrow I head off to the lake for one last time before we close the cottage up for the season. Last time I was out there my internet service was practically non-existent. This of course makes posting and commenting difficult. So If I am quiet or seem not to be posting and commenting consistently I apologize in advance. I promise I will take shots, lots of shots.
Also take care and have fun.
10-02-2014, 02:45 AM   #69
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kdf9511 Quote
Ok, after playing around after work last night I decided that this month will be the SMC-M 50mm f2 that came with my dad's K1000 back in the 70's. I think this one will be a fun one to play with since it was the lens I learned on when I was a kid and lucky enough to use dad's camera.

I really like that lens. I understand it's nothing especially special (kit lens, kind of), but I think it's really nice.

---------- Post added 2nd Oct 2014 at 07:47 PM ----------

Cool to see a bunch of returning singlers
10-02-2014, 03:54 AM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Great to see Rense and Iris back in the fold
QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
Thanks!!!
10-02-2014, 08:52 AM   #71
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I thought I should clarify this in here since a lot of people commented on my Butterfly flower photo about the use of flash. This photo wasn't flashed. The other photo I had first uploaded was flashed. I just forgot to take out the words on my description under which camera and lens.

Last edited by photolady95; 10-02-2014 at 08:58 AM.
10-02-2014, 11:24 PM   #72
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lots of very inspirational shots this early in the month. Again I must say that I feel like I am out there shooting with all of you guys.

I am shooting the K-01 instead of the K-5 for the duration of the month. I just can't get consistent focus and composition out of the K-5 / OVF any more. I hope they will make a new version of the K-01 at some point.
10-03-2014, 05:18 AM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zorglub Quote
Lots of very inspirational shots this early in the month. Again I must say that I feel like I am out there shooting with all of you guys.

I am shooting the K-01 instead of the K-5 for the duration of the month. I just can't get consistent focus and composition out of the K-5 / OVF any more. I hope they will make a new version of the K-01 at some point.
Hey man, you gotta use the tools that get the work done!

I think I am going to put my cheap split focusing screen back in my K-30... Might make an appointment with the eye doctor, too. :-P

Hilarious USA question: Did you guys see the Royals win the first play off game against the LA Angels last night? Home run in extra innings after midnight? It was incredible. Looking forward to going to the game on Sunday, and hoping to get some good shots of history being made! :-)
10-03-2014, 06:22 AM   #74
Pentaxian

With the exception of this Monday, my 10 day forecast is going to be gloom, rain and gloomy rain. This is going to make things tough for me, so I could wind up going back and using keepers for a few of those days at the very least.
10-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #75
Pentaxian

I just had an idea for November (or December if I feel brave enough...)

I wonder if I could Single In using the O-GPS1 lieu of a lens? Granted, I'd be at complete mercy of the weather, and November can start to get kind of nasty temperature-wise around this part of the world, but it could prove an interesting experiment.