Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2014, 03:21 AM   #166
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
On the strength of the K135/2.5 output this month, I just paid my membership fee to join the club!

It won't arrive in time for November, but expect one of the summer months to feature it
Mine was waiting for me when we returned from the coast this afternoon . Simon should be on commission!

10-28-2014, 08:04 AM   #167
Veteran Member

On the strength of the K135/2.5 output this month, I just paid my membership fee to join the club!
Congrats!

---------- Post added 10-28-14 at 11:06 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Mine was waiting for me when we returned from the coast this afternoon . Simon should be on commission!
Oh! cool!
Simon can work for photo industry to help them sell more glasses.
10-28-2014, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #168
Pentaxian

Oh wow. Sandy and Rod!

Congratulations on finding a lens so fast, it took me ages.

John was instrumental in this as well, with his photos and his claim that the lens is the sharpest of Pentax sharp....and he's right...

But my success may have backfired on the greatest living lens: the Super Takumar 50/1.4. I think Sandy and Mehrdad both purchased DA35mm Macros after last December's challenge, and then (possibly) voted for the DA35mm against my beloved Super Tak in the recent poll. The DA35mm won.

Never mind, we all know that poll is like music polls. Today, One Direction will win more polls and will be rated as more influential on the whole history of pop music than Elvis, the Beatles and the Beech Boys combined. If the DA35mm wins overall, all it means is that the DA35mm is the One Direction of lenses.

Anyway, I'm going to return the favour by buying a Raynox.

Now I need to write a review...and I'm open to job offers in the industry...

Last edited by utak; 10-28-2014 at 01:17 PM.
10-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #169
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

You guys are so funny!!!

I am going to have to give yard photo these last few days because car don't go if juice is low.

10-28-2014, 02:30 PM - 1 Like   #170
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
To Sandy and Rod:

I can see months of enjoyment ahead with your new lenses!

To Simon:

I will be using the my Takumar 50/1.4 in November, and I may do a comparison with my Tomioka 55/1.4, it will be a battle of 8 aperture blades versus 6.....
10-28-2014, 07:14 PM   #171
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
Never mind, we all know that poll is like music polls. Today, One Direction will win more polls and will be rated as more influential on the whole history of pop music than Elvis, the Beatles and the Beech Boys combined. If the DA35mm wins overall, all it means is that the DA35mm is the One Direction of lenses.
The poll is a fun thing, but I can predict final will be held between FA31 and FA77, and FA77 will be the winner.

And I!? I am on fence between buying the FA77 or DA*55!
10-29-2014, 01:50 AM   #172
Veteran Member

Just bought a rubber lens hood. I'll be able to use it on both the 300mm and (more importantly) the 28-70 zoom if/when I go to try it for a month. The 300mm seems OK with the slide out metal one built into it as far as flare goes (most likely because its so narrow), but that zoom... I'm not even sure if a hood will even help it, its so bad.

10-29-2014, 03:02 AM   #173
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How do you say 10-0 without breaking into a big smile
10-29-2014, 03:37 AM   #174
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
How do you say 10-0 without breaking into a big smile
That's too cryptic for me Jack....
10-29-2014, 05:26 AM - 1 Like   #175
Veteran Member

That's too cryptic for me Jack....
Not for me!! GO ROYALS!! X-D OMG. I can't belive it! Game 7!!

Ventura did a great job last night. I'm so psyched. Not gonna be able to concentrate at work today. :-|

Edit: Unless you were talking about something else... The Royals beat the Giants 10 to 0 last night, tying the series 3-3. Tonight's the deciding game!
10-29-2014, 05:52 AM - 1 Like   #176
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Not for me!! GO ROYALS!! X-D OMG. I can't belive it! Game 7!!

Ventura did a great job last night. I'm so psyched. Not gonna be able to concentrate at work today. :-|

Edit: Unless you were talking about something else... The Royals beat the Giants 10 to 0 last night, tying the series 3-3. Tonight's the deciding game!
No, you got it! I was talking about match 6!
10-29-2014, 08:05 AM - 1 Like   #177
Veteran Member

Congrats to whoever supporting the winners. (I'm not much familiar with it)

And about the Raynox:
I'm feeling a little bit guilty! because those photos wasn't the whole picture, and I left it to talk about it in my review of the month, but since Sandy, Simon and Rod are ordering it, I should explain that a dedicated macro is still a much much better and easier solution for macros. but for someone who is on budget, I think the Raynox is really a great way to get into macro works.
But the bad thing about Raynox?
If you use it on a prime lens the working distance and magnification ratio is very limited, resulting in many shots which I missed because I couldn't fit the whole thing (such as Dragonflies, flowers, ...) in my frame!
And I think most zooms won't work as good in so much close focusing situation, except those fancy expensive ones such as DA50-135 but because most of them are IF still you can't use Raynox on them.

But the good part is that when you already have a dedicated macro and it's DFA100WR (No aperture ring), putting a Raynox on it will help you have more magnification and the macro lens will work perfect with it. And it's still a handy little thing to keep in pocket when you have a normal lens as your single in lens but you love macro like me.
And I'm gonna use it next month on DA50 too.

So, I think it's still a good investment. LOL.
10-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #178
Veteran Member

Good games. #beroyal

Sorry we didn't win, but I'm thrilled for how (surprisingly) far they went this season.

At least now I don't have the World Series as a distraction to editing and uploading. ;-)

In relevant camera/lens news: The Rokinon's aperture is getting nasty sticky and obnoxious since I've been using Av mode, and I'm getting tired of forever eyeballing focus miles in front of truly being in-focus. Live view is not my jam, but I've been using it a LOT this month. The viewfinder is practically pointless (because of the paper-thin DoF) and exposure is a gamble (because of the sticky aperture lever). I've had to remove the lens to pop the aperture lever "un-stuck" four or five times now.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to a more reliable piece of glass. Something slower. ;-)
10-30-2014, 01:01 AM - 1 Like   #179
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Good games. #beroyal

Sorry we didn't win, but I'm thrilled for how (surprisingly) far they went this season.

At least now I don't have the World Series as a distraction to editing and uploading. ;-)

In relevant camera/lens news: The Rokinon's aperture is getting nasty sticky and obnoxious since I've been using Av mode, and I'm getting tired of forever eyeballing focus miles in front of truly being in-focus. Live view is not my jam, but I've been using it a LOT this month. The viewfinder is practically pointless (because of the paper-thin DoF) and exposure is a gamble (because of the sticky aperture lever). I've had to remove the lens to pop the aperture lever "un-stuck" four or five times now.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to a more reliable piece of glass. Something slower. ;-)
Commiserations...

I listened to a blow by blow description on mlb.com during my lunch break today. I really thought they were going to do it in the 9th innings. They did you proud.

"At the end of the day
Some you win, some you don’t
So I’m glad that I’m here
With some friends that I know
Always there with a smile
Saying you’re not alone
Singing la la la la
Que sera"

Last edited by jackassp; 10-30-2014 at 01:54 AM.
10-30-2014, 05:53 AM   #180
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I snicker at all this buying. LBA abatement is thought to be a side effect of being so disciplined as to shoot with one lens a month... On the contrary, it appears to have become a hot bed of infection!

Good clean fun even if we are lying to our selves.