Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 32 Likes Search this Thread
11-30-2014, 04:12 PM   #196
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I must apologise for not doing justice to the Takumar 50/1.4, my shooting opportunities are somewhat limited ATM.

It's a wonderful lens, highly recommended for film and digital. It is sharp, the bokeh is very good, and it is easy to use.
I still think the A50/1.4 and M50/2 out-resolve it, but only just.

I'll try to shoot in December, something very wide

11-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #197
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well I got through the month. Limping, but there. Despite the gaps, I am still pleased with my progress. No falling off the cliff quietly this month!

Really enjoyed using my Tamron 60-300 23a. It was great to have the choice of going from 60mm to 300mm as required. With wolfiepup in tow, photography is about ease of use now, more than ever.

I do however admit that shooting on the k-01 was a bit of a challenge. I loved the focus peaking. But in bright sunlight, it was really hard to see, and often I'd be slightly off focus in spite of everything.

But when everything was bang on focus, you can appreciate how sharp this lens can get. I never did figure out/find the macro section of this lens. I'd read somewhere that you can twist an additional bit or something to get it into macro mode. But I never found it.

There's also some green fringing, but nothing I can't live with.

Not to worry. This lens, with the 300mm reach will remain my most versatile and favourite lens in my arsenal for a while. Even if I hardly ever use it these days..............

Last edited by wolfiegirl; 11-30-2014 at 08:38 PM.