Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3048 Likes Search this Thread
12-02-2014, 09:55 AM   #271
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
"ex-flowers," as Kerrowdown calls them
Is this my Andy Warhol "In the future everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes" time.

12-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #272
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Is this my Andy Warhol "In the future everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes" time.

Yep, that's it pal! Make the most of it! 15.... 14..... 13..... 12..... 11..... !

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
12-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #273
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Yep, that's it pal! Make the most of it! 15.... 14..... 13..... 12..... 11..... !
Hey... I want the full sixty seconds of every minute, your countdown's a bit quick.
12-02-2014, 03:42 PM   #274
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Don't know what I will do about posting flower shots soon - still working through my keepers from last summer but they won't last long......

Guess I'm lucky. I might not find any flowers around the house, but there's usually something blooming around work. And then there's the florist on the next block if there's nothing in the botanical garden. Right now I'm gazing at liquid sunshine, something we don't see very often, anxiously waiting for UPS to deliver 2 of the 3 lenses I ordered.

12-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #275
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
Guess I'm lucky. I might not find any flowers around the house, but there's usually something blooming around work. And then there's the florist on the next block if there's nothing in the botanical garden. Right now I'm gazing at liquid sunshine, something we don't see very often, anxiously waiting for UPS to deliver 2 of the 3 lenses I ordered.

Oh man, lenses comin' in the mail will chase those storm clouds away mighty pronto! Always does for me. What do you have coming, if I may ask?

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
12-02-2014, 08:06 PM   #276
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh man, lenses comin' in the mail will chase those storm clouds away mighty pronto! Always does for me. What do you have coming, if I may ask?

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
The DA15 and DA21 are supposed to be arriving today. UPS says "out for delivery" but I haven't seen the truck yet. I'm afraid that they might be delayed, due to the rain. Anywhere else in the country a little bit of rain wouldn't bother anyone, here there were 100 accidents in the LA CHP incident board before 3 and everything almost comes to a halt. Granted, UPS delivers here from Bakersfield so there shouldn't be a big issue. But time is starting to run out and I'm biting my fingernails.
12-02-2014, 08:46 PM   #277
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The DA15 and DA21 are supposed to be arriving today. UPS says "out for delivery" but I haven't seen the truck yet. I'm afraid that they might be delayed, due to the rain. Anywhere else in the country a little bit of rain wouldn't bother anyone, here there were 100 accidents in the LA CHP incident board before 3 and everything almost comes to a halt. Granted, UPS delivers here from Bakersfield so there shouldn't be a big issue. But time is starting to run out and I'm biting my fingernails.
Wow - delayed because of rain.....

My UPS guy is great. We had freezing rain going on since 10am this morning. He is usually here by 3:30 - arrived at 5:00 and had to walk down my 150 yard driveway to deliver my package.

12-02-2014, 10:31 PM   #278
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My UPS guy is great. We had freezing rain going on since 10am this morning. He is usually here by 3:30 - arrived at 5:00 and had to walk down my 150 yard driveway to deliver my package.
UPS arrived at 7:45, I was just about to give up since the delivery time was 8. Not only did I get the 2 lenses, I also got a movie I ordered from Amazon that I thought was to be delivered tomorrow. I'm a very happy camper! The 100WR comes in Thursday. Hopefully I'll be posting some more macros then.
12-02-2014, 10:52 PM   #279
Veteran Member

UPS arrived at 7:45, I was just about to give up since the delivery time was 8. Not only did I get the 2 lenses, I also got a movie I ordered from Amazon that I thought was to be delivered tomorrow. I'm a very happy camper! The 100WR comes in Thursday. Hopefully I'll be posting some more macros then.

Good for you, Mountain gal! I'm happy for you. Some very nice lenses, indeed! I'm envious! "Delayed because of rain"..... really? Sheez, here in Idaho, NOTHING stops those boys! They're like the postman..... "Neither rain, sleet, snow, hail or curious act of God shall keep my from my appointed rounds!" But, we're a hardy lot, us Idahoans. Please, be sure and post some photos with your new lenses, eh?

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA

---------- Post added 12-02-14 at 10:56 PM ----------

He sounds like the guy who delivers my meds each month. He showed up this evening, just about dark-thirty, fighting blowing snow mixed with freezing rain to deliver my package. Swell fellas, those "Boys in Brown."

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
12-03-2014, 12:33 AM - 5 Likes   #280
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
12-03-2014, 12:42 AM   #281
Site Supporter

What the heck are those things!.

I want some.

Well shot.
12-03-2014, 01:30 AM   #282
Veteran Member

Wow! That's wild, Matt! Very nice capture.... and razor-sharp.

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
12-03-2014, 01:36 AM   #283
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
What the heck are those things!.

I want some.

Well shot.

Passionfruit flower
12-03-2014, 01:44 AM - 1 Like   #284
Veteran Member

Kinda' scrapin' the bottom of the barrel!

Nothing new, just some shots from my files.

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA

Last edited by Dewman; 03-25-2015 at 04:33 PM.
12-03-2014, 05:07 AM   #285
Veteran Member

He sounds like the guy who delivers my meds each month. He showed up this evening, just about dark-thirty, fighting blowing snow mixed with freezing rain to deliver my package. Swell fellas, those "Boys in Brown."
That's exactly what he had yesterday - my medication for the month - overnight and refrigerated. But even with regular packages he walks the walk almost all of every winter. I need to put a container of some kind up by the road for him to drop to - having the My UPS now is very nice as I know what day he is coming.