Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #1276
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
several things I like about this

the leaf on the left leads me to the flowers then subtle changes in coloration of the flower petals themselves and then the " isolation " of the image

I hope you enjoy
Nice tones and colour contrasts here, edited and presented beautifully.

05-03-2018, 11:30 PM - 2 Likes   #1277
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
After the Rain

A* 200 w short marco ring.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
05-04-2018, 03:33 AM   #1278
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Nice tones and colour contrasts here, edited and presented beautifully.
thank you for your kind words
05-04-2018, 04:18 AM   #1279
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Bird of Paradise

Pushing the macro category perhaps but it is a pixelshifted image so...
Probably a silly question but how did you achieve the totally black background?

05-04-2018, 05:53 AM - 1 Like   #1280
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
Probably a silly question but how did you achieve the totally black background?
Ok... imagine a dining table, imagine a chair up on the dining table. Now imagine a long piece of black fleece, like the size of a bathtowel draped over the chair and onto the dining table. Now place the plant in a vase on the dining table so that the black fleece is the backdrop. Don't place the vase too close to the black fleece, far enough away (1ft or more) so that the soft defused lights (one each side) case onto the plant don't give way to too much of a shadow on the black fleece. Tripod up and take the shot (this was pixel shifted, I think something like 5 secs per frame, so a 20 sec shot or something all up.
Once in postprocessing you're tinkering with the sliders, shadows, blacks, contrasts to get the black fleece even deeper, whilst messing with whites, highlights and exposures.

And finally... rotate the pic 90 degrees.
05-04-2018, 05:55 AM - 1 Like   #1281
Pentaxian

Thanks. I need some black fleece.
Ok... imagine a dining table, imagine a chair up on the dining table. Now imagine a long piece of black fleece, like the size of a bathtowel draped over the chair and onto the dining table. Now place the plant in a vase on the dining table so that the black fleece is the backdrop. Don't place the vase too close to the black fleece, far enough away (1ft or more) so that the soft defused lights (one each side) case onto the plant don't give way to too much of a shadow on the black fleece. Tripod up and take the shot (this was pixel shifted, I think something like 5 secs per frame, so a 20 sec shot or something all up.
Once in postprocessing you're tinkering with the sliders, shadows, blacks, contrasts to get the black fleece even deeper, whilst messing with whites, highlights and exposures.

05-04-2018, 12:07 PM   #1282
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
Thanks. I need some black fleece.
I recall asking the exact same question as you some months ago

05-04-2018, 01:15 PM - 5 Likes   #1283
Veteran Member

05-04-2018, 02:11 PM   #1284
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

Love the attention to detail. Quite a bit of that in this thread.
05-08-2018, 06:42 PM - 3 Likes   #1285
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cutleaf Toothwort, a native woodland mustard-family plant. Quite popular with the bees.

Prairie Trillium. I didn't notice the spider's larder there before photographing and processing.

Twinleaf

Ceratina approaching Dutchman's Breeches:
05-08-2018, 08:24 PM - 6 Likes   #1286
Pentaxian

Potted, at home (k3ii, 100mm macro wr)

From a flower store (velvia 50, zx-l, da 35mm)
05-10-2018, 05:44 AM - 2 Likes   #1287
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is a short of a macro, and I may be able to execute this better, but what is interesting = taken with a 7.5mm Samyang fish-eye on a Pany GX8. 2-B X-posted on another thread.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-GX8  Photo 
05-10-2018, 02:48 PM   #1288
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
This is a short of a macro, and I may be able to execute this better, but what is interesting = taken with a 7.5mm Samyang fish-eye on a Pany GX8. 2-B X-posted on another thread.
Geeeezzzz Walt. What a superb photograph. Most impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Tony
05-10-2018, 03:09 PM   #1289
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Geeeezzzz Walt. What a superb photograph. Most impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Tony
Thanks Tony, but I missed the focus point I wanted. Fish-eyes are a pain even with focus peaking.
05-10-2018, 09:26 PM   #1290
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Thanks Tony, but I missed the focus point I wanted. Fish-eyes are a pain even with focus peaking.
Yes, I agree. I tried a 10~24mm one time and that was enough for me. An even better effort on your second photograph. Kudos, my friend.

TT