Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 34 Likes Search this Thread
11-09-2014, 05:03 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My most popular Flickr photo was taken at a kids birthday party at a Sydney bowling alley which happens to be called the Manhattan Superbowl. No doubt NFL fans are constantly being disappointed.

11-09-2014, 07:13 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote

But what I don't get is the following. Whenever someone starts following me, I go see their photos and profile page. And for some of the people who follow me, I've found that the profile is someone who has given out very few favorites, but actually follows an unbelievably large quantity of people. Often upwards of 30k people, even up to 100k or more people that they're following. There's no way you can look at all the photos that one hundred thousand people upload, so I think at least some of those profiles must be bots - ie there is no human directly behind the account, a piece of software is driving it. What I do wonder is what is the bot's purpose? Anyway, when I see that I generally don't reciprocate the follow.
I've noticed that also, odd too are the ones that state "xxx has nothing for you to view".
11-09-2014, 10:35 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I've noticed that also, odd too are the ones that state "xxx has nothing for you to view".
I think the nothing for you to vew is quite frequently people who like to look at photos. I may be wrong but I think you used to need to be a member to fully take advantage of some of the viewing options

I have a few on my list and many of them are just frinds who opened the flickr to track people whose work they liked
11-09-2014, 10:45 AM   #49
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by officiousbystander Quote
My most popular Flickr photo was taken at a kids birthday party at a Sydney bowling alley which happens to be called the Manhattan Superbowl. No doubt NFL fans are constantly being disappointed.
Yeah, it has something to do with the name but it's not very consistent in my view.
A photo I put up recently called White-Blue-Red got (relatively) a lot of views. So I supposed name mattered....but then I have photos with names like Diva, Zodiac, UFO, Giant (all generic names that should trigger a lot of searches) that got very few hits.

11-15-2014, 02:27 PM   #50
Forum Member

Probably this one (some not-safe-for-work photos might gather more clicks, though)

11-15-2014, 10:11 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rRnt Quote
Probably this one (some not-safe-for-work photos might gather more clicks, though)
That a pretty cool looking setup! Like it !
11-27-2014, 02:02 AM   #52
Veteran Member

This is my brother's Hungarian Puli. He shared this photo on a Facebook Puli group and it received 150 (so far) likes in the last couple of weeks -- I think that's about 15% of the group. The group made it their home page cover photo this week, too, which they do on a rotating basis with popular photos. (At least I think it's this photo.)

11-27-2014, 02:21 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Depending on which Flickr ranking you go by mine would be...

Most "Interesting"

Most Views (by a landslide)

Most Favorited

Most Commented

EDIT: For those wondering, it goes Sigma 10-20mm, Sears 28mm, Sigma 10-20mm, DA18-55mm (Ye Olde Kit Lens)
11-29-2014, 09:48 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Depending on which Flickr ranking you go by mine would be...

Most "Interesting"

Most Views (by a landslide)

Most Favorited

Most Commented

EDIT: For those wondering, it goes Sigma 10-20mm, Sears 28mm, Sigma 10-20mm, DA18-55mm (Ye Olde Kit Lens)
Wow the lightning one is superb !
11-30-2014, 10:05 AM - 3 Likes   #55

Photos: Albums
Most Views, and Favorites
Attached Images

12-10-2014, 07:38 AM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Suizar Quote
Most Views, and Favorites
great shot and nice to see Battersea from a different viewpoint, such an iconic building