Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 34 Likes Search this Thread
11-06-2014, 02:43 AM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

What's your most popular photo?

Going over my Flickr stuff I can't help but notice that (relative) popularity of my photos is not really aligned with my valuation of them. That's not surprising; what is a good photo is highly subjective.

However, my by far most popular photo is this shot of the faucet in my bathroom. I comfort myself by saying it's probably because the name (M50/1.7 @ 1.7) is so search friendly. Also, not everyone clicks on photos I post here, so for sure some are more popular than... this.
Still, makes me wonder.

So, what's your most popular photo? Do you share the sentiment? Were you surprised? Bring it on!

PS: You can't click on the image. I don't want you to.

Last edited by cxdoo; 10-07-2015 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Fixed broken link
11-06-2014, 04:10 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think it is a factor of when you are explored, which doesn't happen really often for me. This was a photo from awhile back that got nearly 20,000 views for some reason...

11-06-2014, 05:27 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cxdoo Quote
Going over my Flickr stuff I can't help but notice that (relative) popularity of my photos is not really aligned with my valuation of them. That's not surprising; what is a good photo is highly subjective.

However, my by far most popular photo is this shot of the faucet in my bathroom. I comfort myself by saying it's probably because the name (M50/1.7 @ 1.7) is so search friendly. Also, not everyone clicks on photos I post here, so for sure some are more popular than... this.
Still, makes me wonder.

So, what's your most popular photo? Do you share the sentiment? Were you surprised? Bring it on!

PS: You can't click on the image. I don't want you to.

cxdoo: Is there a way to sort your photostream on flickr by number of views?

I know you can see the number when you click on a particular photo - but clicking through them all to find out seems a bit overwhelming...

Funny with the faucet! Even funnier how you avoided hyperlinking your foto! I ALMOST feel like tracking it down on Flickr just to be annoying
11-06-2014, 05:34 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
cxdoo: Is there a way to sort your photostream on flickr by number of views?

I know you can see the number when you click on a particular photo - but clicking through them all to find out seems a bit overwhelming...

Funny with the faucet! Even funnier how you avoided hyperlinking your foto! I ALMOST feel like tracking it down on Flickr just to be annoying

I'm not sure you can do it for other people, there is a dropdown option of Popular on three dots icon on the right when you're on your own page.

Yeah, faucet is funny, good I don't take myself too seriously when it comes to photography.

---------- Post added 6th Nov 2014 at 14:37 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think it is a factor of when you are explored, which doesn't happen really often for me. This was a photo from awhile back that got nearly 20,000 views for some reason...

Yeah, I find this peculiar too. The things I like most about your landscapes are lighting and colors and many of them I can recognize without seeing your name next; not this one.

11-06-2014, 06:00 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm not sure you can do it for other people, there is a dropdown option of Popular on three dots icon on the right when you're on your own page.

Yeah, faucet is funny, good I don't take myself too seriously when it comes to photography.

---------- Post added 6th Nov 2014 at 14:37 ----------

Whooooookay! That WAS surprising! My "most popular" is a REALLY awful docu-shot of a MISIDENTIFIED rough legged buzzard that I only uploaded to show it to a birder friend. He dismissed it immediately as a common buzzard, and I haven't looked at it since.

...apparently SOMEONE has.

It's small, it's ugly, it's poorly executed - makes no sense!

Here it is: You are welcome to click, because I will be deleting it shortly!
[IMG][/IMG]
11-06-2014, 06:21 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
makes no sense!

Welcome to the club!
11-06-2014, 06:26 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
there is a dropdown option of Popular on three dots icon on the right when you're on your own page.
nice one! I learn something new every day quite useful tool that is

11-06-2014, 06:28 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by schnitzer79 Quote
nice one! I learn something new every day quite useful tool that is

Yeees aaaand?
11-06-2014, 06:33 AM   #9
Pentaxian

most views or most favorites?
11-06-2014, 06:36 AM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

until last week my most popular was an old shot taken the first month with my *ist Ds of a balconey in Venice. Nothing special but nice colours

last week this pic hit explore, not down at 400 like a couple of previous but when i first noticed it @ #12 and it ended the day @ #30
as of this morning 39430 views and 440 likes. I have also doubled my followers. It's not a bad shot (in fact technically i think i nailed a lot of key things, focus rule of thirds framing exposure.....) BUT hel it's just a cat. I know the interwebz luvs them kitties

11-06-2014, 06:38 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
most views or most favorites?

I think most views is more indicative, but heck, choose whatever makes for a better story!
11-06-2014, 06:40 AM - 3 Likes   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Most viewed... because I included "645Z" in the caption

Most "interesting" and most favorited... and never explored.

My explored photos have fewer views and fewer favorites. Yes, just two explored photos

11-06-2014, 06:41 AM - 2 Likes   #13
Pentaxian

heck ill post both

most views

most favs

11-06-2014, 06:44 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Most "interesting" and most favorited... and never explored.

Beautiful shot, matt.

most views

I already told you that Kourion shot is doubly amazing considering how difficult it is to get anything NOT hazy there. I'm gonna take a wild guess that second one is not from Cyprus.
11-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #15
Pentaxian

I'm gonna take a wild guess that second one is not from Cyprus.
good guess It was in Germany at a really beautiful location. mustve done over 10km of hiking that morning