Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2014, 07:47 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by schnitzer79 Quote
i am aware that 500px is a site even though I use flickr instead what i mean is 1500px = 1500 pixels where i meant the relatively small size for some of my photos as well as other peoples.however i mustve missed out the bit where you were referring that this only applied to the "singles in " thread, a thread which I dont really follow, so my apologies there
I thought so but wasn't certain. It was more about confirming how it works for Single In (I believe the last 12 days thread were under the Single in Social group)

11-28-2014, 07:09 AM   #32
Veteran Member

I've passed on December for Single in (with 7 new lenses in a month for the Fuji I want to spend time getting to know them better. I'm still in for a 12 days though if we are going forward with the idea
11-28-2014, 08:02 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I definitely think we should!

And thanks for bumping the thread - it is still another two weeks, but the more people we get into the idea, the better!
12-10-2014, 01:05 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
I could, provided that I don't have a busy schedule.
I'm free ATM but work seems to pop up when you least expect it, at least in my field (and preferably on the same day... )
Work has popped up like mushrooms so I will be at work until the 24th (included! )
I've taken some photos of Christmas ornaments in the past days, so what are the rules exactly? is it ok to post a Christmas-themed picture every day, irrespective of when it was taken? is it ok to post just some but not the full 12?
Otherwise I think I'll pass for this year...

12-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Work has popped up like mushrooms so I will be at work until the 24th (included! )
I've taken some photos of Christmas ornaments in the past days, so what are the rules exactly? is it ok to post a Christmas-themed picture every day, irrespective of when it was taken? is it ok to post just some but not the full 12?
Otherwise I think I'll pass for this year...
That's tough. As far as I'm concerned, I consider the 24th the beginning of Christmas, so I hope at least you get some nice calm days between Christmas day and new year. That's when the real fun is anyway, shopping frenzy over and all.

As far as I recall, not everyone did the entire set of 12 pictures last time, and I think that would be fine this time as well. Just post for as many of the 12 days as opportunity allows.

I think we should stick to the rule of a picture taken ON the day though, because that way the game will give us a sort of live coverage of Christmas approaching around the world. On the busy days you could just snap something spontaneous christmas-themed on the busy days if you got the chance, and then upload it whenever time allows.

It's almost time to play now! Yey!
12-10-2014, 01:36 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
That's tough. As far as I'm concerned, I consider the 24th the beginning of Christmas, so I hope at least you get some nice calm days between Christmas day and new year. That's when the real fun is anyway, shopping frenzy over and all.

As far as I recall, not everyone did the entire set of 12 pictures last time, and I think that would be fine this time as well. Just post for as many of the 12 days as opportunity allows.

I think we should stick to the rule of a picture taken ON the day though, because that way the game will give us a sort of live coverage of Christmas approaching around the world. On the busy days you could just snap something spontaneous christmas-themed on the busy days if you got the chance, and then upload it whenever time allows.

It's almost time to play now! Yey!
I'm back to work just a couple of days after Christmas... the New Year's a rush in my job... however I'll do my best, and try to post at least one same-day picture.
12-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello everyone....Just to be clear.... the twelve days are?

12-10-2014, 04:25 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think the original 12 days were Christmas Day through January 5 - the day before the feast of the Three Kings / epiphany.
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 01 02 03 04 05 unless it was from what we call Boxing Day through epiphany included (26 to 06).
12-11-2014, 12:06 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes, well, in principle I agree totally with Albert: the original 12 days are Christmas day through January 5th. We are not religious but very traditionalistic in our family and we do the full 12-days-thing because (in my view) it is a lot more fun than the whole shopping drama leading up to Christmas day. BUT as for the game:

Our 12 Days of Christmas challenge will run from December 14th through December 25th with participants posting one Christmas-themed photo a day (in the widest interpretation of Christmas-themed that your imagination allows!)

This is because - let's face it - in most countries once Christmas isn't sellable anymore it gets packed up fast, and people would run out of things to photograph...
12-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
Yes, well, in principle I agree totally with Albert: the original 12 days are Christmas day through January 5th. We are not religious but very traditionalistic in our family and we do the full 12-days-thing because (in my view) it is a lot more fun than the whole shopping drama leading up to Christmas day. BUT as for the game:

Our 12 Days of Christmas challenge will run from December 14th through December 25th with participants posting one Christmas-themed photo a day (in the widest interpretation of Christmas-themed that your imagination allows!)

This is because - let's face it - in most countries once Christmas isn't sellable anymore it gets packed up fast, and people would run out of things to photograph...
OK so we start sunday, where are we posting them have we decided that will we start one thread a day just for the pictures no commenting preffered (comment on the picture source) will we start a Flickr Group?....

Any gear is ok? (I will be shooting Fuji not Pentax though I may throw in a shot or 2 using a Tak I have lots of new lenses to get comfortable with right now)

meanwhile here is a Christmas shot i will revisit at some point in the next 2 weeks - maybe next time i won't have those pesky rain drops on the lens

12-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK, all ready to upload- where do we upload? Or does someone want to create a thread here.
12-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #42
Veteran Member

I still need to go shoot do it can't be me starting it
I think we should start a thread daily and post a link to it here
Today being the day 1 in the title
12-14-2014, 01:47 PM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hang on, sorry I'm late, thread going up in a moment...

---------- Post added 12-14-14 at 02:03 PM ----------

Link to the thread for the first day:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/28...ml#post3079174

There! I hope I did it right, and that you will all join in!
12-15-2014, 08:47 AM - 1 Like   #44
Veteran Member

I created a group pool on flickr as well, set it to invite only but can open it if you want, meanwhile I invited the other 3 participating members so far and will do the same with any new participants - I will make anyomne who joins an admin or moderator

https://www.flickr.com/groups/2738182@N25/
12-15-2014, 09:24 AM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

As it turns out, I am absent traveling, and out of touch - I will be using my DSLR the old way, bringing back my travel shots and "developing" them at home early next year.

Best wishes to all, and a Merry Christmas.

Albert