Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 125 Likes Search this Thread
01-31-2015, 05:48 PM - 1 Like   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I may or may not jump in a few days late for February - I have a shiny new K-3 en route to me. It should be here Tuesday, provided the incoming storm doesn't screw with shipping, along with two new lenses - a Samyang 85 f/1,.4 and a Bower (Samyang) 35mm f/1.4. I almost pulled the trigger on a limited during the recent B&H sale, but decided I could squeeze the two Samyangs and a new tripod in otherwise.
Wow! You lucky dog. Congrats on the new toys! Looking forward to seeing what you do with 'em!

01-31-2015, 08:47 PM   #77
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I may or may not jump in a few days late for February - I have a shiny new K-3 en route to me. It should be here Tuesday, provided the incoming storm doesn't screw with shipping, along with two new lenses - a Samyang 85 f/1,.4 and a Bower (Samyang) 35mm f/1.4. I almost pulled the trigger on a limited during the recent B&H sale, but decided I could squeeze the two Samyangs and a new tripod in otherwise.

Nice. I reckon you earned that, with how much you persevered with that stuffed sensor (and you made some fabulous photos with it as well). I hope you do jump in.

---------- Post added 1st Feb 2015 at 02:49 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
this lens represents true normal APS-C. Love your "product shot" - looks wonderful!

I really like 28 on APS-C. So much so that it's the one thing that makes me a little iffy about the plastic fantastic, at 35mm.
01-31-2015, 10:13 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Oh my, this is going to be quite the challenge! Makes me almost want to use the da15 again, but then I'd really be repeating shots from December month. Darn, I wish I had brought my m28/3.5 out here!
01-31-2015, 10:20 PM - 1 Like   #79
Pentaxian

I was such a loser in January. I think I posted less than half the time. I will be a similar loser in February. I hope you all don't kick me out for being a lazy sloth. I'll decide my lens in the morning!

01-31-2015, 11:55 PM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by W412ren Quote
I'll be back in as well, really enjoyed myself for my first single-in. Thank you to all who commented on my images.
My contributions may be a bit erratic in February though as got a load of "stuff" going on; As voted on the 27th then, it'll be the M85/2.
That's a pair of 85mm's and and a 105mm.
02-01-2015, 01:18 AM   #81
Pentaxian

I'll be traveling a lot this month. Denmark, then lapland...but I'll post when ever I can. Maybe I'll use flucard and Iphone 6. To transfer photos on the road.
02-01-2015, 08:30 AM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
I hope you all don't kick me out for being a lazy sloth.
No way. Intention is great, and even HALF the days is pretty impressive when you consider that most people make no consideration to challenge themselves to practice with one lens for a whole month.

Sometimes I still struggle with sitting myself down to edit and post every. single. day. but I'm getting better about making it a routine. I love you guys as much as I love any of my imaginary friends (I'm just kidding. Don't cry!), but real life is real, and sometimes it just has to take priority.

It's Superbowl Sunday, though, and we have company coming over starting at NOON, so that might put a damper on things. :-)

02-01-2015, 08:39 AM - 1 Like   #83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello everyone. I'm a long time member but haven't participated nearly enough here, but I hope to change that this year and am now looking forward to joining you all in this, my first challenge (of any kind). A co-worker gave me an old Singlex his father carried with him in Viet Nam. For the challenge I'm going to use the lens it came with paired with my K10D, the Auto Rikenon 55 1.4. Looking forward to meeting and sharing with everyone.
02-01-2015, 10:27 AM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by denpapp Quote
Hello everyone. I'm a long time member but haven't participated nearly enough here, but I hope to change that this year and am now looking forward to joining you all in this, my first challenge (of any kind). A co-worker gave me an old Singlex his father carried with him in Viet Nam. For the challenge I'm going to use the lens it came with paired with my K10D, the Auto Rikenon 55 1.4. Looking forward to meeting and sharing with everyone.
Welcome. Don't forget to join the Single In group on Flickr, if that's where you host your photos! Looking forward to see your month

---------- Post added 02-01-15 at 12:35 ----------

If anyone is at all curious as to where and what I'm doing, you can follow my ship through the interwebs here as we go from chicago to windsor and windsor to chicago and chicago to windsor and windsor to chicago ad nauseam

I have a trip coming up at the end of the month so you won't see ship shots for the entirety, just the majority
02-01-2015, 12:27 PM   #85
Veteran Member

I think I'll put my selection up for a a group opinion as well, just for kicks...

Bower (Samyang) 35mm f/1.4 - totally new FL and lens for me

or

Samyang 85mm f/1.4 - also a new FL and lens, so no real experience there

I'm loving the fact that I'll have 35mm, 50mm (I have a Pentax-M) and 85mm all covered with f/1.4 lenses now. I tend to shoot in the dark a LOT, so being able to just drink in that available light is going to be fun. Those extra stops actually helped decide me against just getting a DA70mm instead of the two Samyangs.
02-01-2015, 01:55 PM   #86
Veteran Member

Ok, I think I'm commited to the Pentax M 35-70/2.8-3.5 this month. Put on a few lenses on the stormtrooper yesterday and this is the one that seems to excite me the most. It's completely beat up. I think I got it for $5 or less attached to a k1000 at my local country market 3 years ago.

The filter ring has a stripe down the middle and is bent and stuck on the front, and is giving out this crazy flare/glow. I'd love to take it off and clean the lens as there are minor specks of fungus on the front that i'm hoping will just wipe off, but I'm at a loss as to how to do it. Brute force isn't working.

In the meantime, it's giving me loving vintage colours and the initial shots are reminding me of my Meyer Optik Gorlitz that I fell in love with last year. So that's something.

Am very excited to see what a beat up old lens can still do combined with fancy stormtrooper technology.

*pinches self* Still can't believe I own a stormtrooper! Wheeee~~~~~
02-01-2015, 02:33 PM   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Probably I will jump in late.... So no shot for the 1st, probably not for the 2nd, and if not for the 3rd than neither for the rest of the month....
02-01-2015, 03:41 PM   #88
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Probably I will jump in late.... So no shot for the 1st, probably not for the 2nd, and if not for the 3rd than neither for the rest of the month....
It would be great to have you back Rense!
02-01-2015, 03:54 PM - 1 Like   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just a little note for those who have noticed the Flickr Explore commentary. One reason this group seems to hit it big on explores...is it is prolific.. EXTREMELY prolific. Some days you dont feel like posting because you might not feel it is "up to snuff" - Here is a wise clip about that. Not that I'm a fan of Ira Glass or anything like that, but it speaks to the very reason why i think Single In Challengers see such improvement on their shooting over time.

02-01-2015, 04:40 PM   #90
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by denpapp Quote
Welcome to the group. Do have a read of the Guidelines at the start of this thread. Any questions - just ask. And Enjoy!