Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2008, 06:22 PM   #91
Veteran Member

i have been following this since day one

and while the whole LEGO theme has been done before, i applaude you for your brilliant ingenuity!

the poker one is by far my fav, and all of them are so different i'm sure they will strike everyone differently inside.

i hope that someone would someday pay you for this, but until then, enjoy all of our praise!

06-22-2008, 06:26 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!

I am thinking of making a book of it all at the end. Will probably be pretty pricey to make though because of the sheer # of pages that'll be required. I'll have to shop around when the time comes.
You think I would have to talk to LEGO before publishing anything?
06-22-2008, 06:31 PM   #93
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Morbo Quote
Thanks everyone!

I am thinking of making a book of it all at the end. Will probably be pretty pricey to make though because of the sheer # of pages that'll be required. I'll have to shop around when the time comes.
legaly? i dont know

but i know that if you dont and they find out they will send you a C&D letter for sure, since they know you cant afford legal representation to fight them.

happened at my work one time, we incorproated a company somewhere in the Bahamas called "Doritos Enterprises LTD" or something along those lines, bout 4 months later our client actualy got a letter from PEPSI telling them to basicaly shut the company down or change the legal name.

we COULD have went to court... but we dont have the captial to fight peps, seriously, PEPSI!

06-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #94
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, right now I am not making any $$ off it. So. I guess we'll just wait and see. Until then, weeee fun pictures!

06-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #95
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Morbo, that socket pic is pure genious!!!

Pat
06-22-2008, 08:35 PM   #96
Veteran Member

this is brilliant because there is a STORMTROOPER, talking to a PIRATE in the background, ROFLAMO!!!

Day 22:

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
06-23-2008, 07:51 AM   #97
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm with Gooshin... I just scared the dog I laffed so loud
06-23-2008, 08:47 AM   #98
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks everyone!
Legalities that are TBD aside -- with plenty of time to determine it -- might I suggest a large (20'ish inch wide) year 2010 calandar with say a 2:3 or 3:4 aspect ratio picture as the background for each day! Either that, or one of those "rip-off" calendars you usually see on people's desks with a Simpsons or Dilbert cartoon slide on each page. 365 photos... 365 boxes or pages to cover it!

Figure, you won't be done taking the photos until the middle of next year. That will give you a good few months to compose all the images into the format necessary for the printer to print the calendars of either format, and have it done for the start of 2010. I'll pre-order today!

06-23-2008, 10:51 AM   #99
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
this is brilliant because there is a STORMTROOPER, talking to a PIRATE in the background, ROFLAMO!!!
It's the little things that count, right!

QuoteOriginally posted by KrisK10D Quote
I'm with Gooshin... I just scared the dog I laffed so loud

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
Legalities that are TBD aside -- with plenty of time to determine it -- might I suggest a large (20'ish inch wide) year 2010 calandar with say a 2:3 or 3:4 aspect ratio picture as the background for each day! Either that, or one of those "rip-off" calendars you usually see on people's desks with a Simpsons or Dilbert cartoon slide on each page. 365 photos... 365 boxes or pages to cover it!

Figure, you won't be done taking the photos until the middle of next year. That will give you a good few months to compose all the images into the format necessary for the printer to print the calendars of either format, and have it done for the start of 2010. I'll pre-order today!
You know, I had that thought about the "a Day calendar" too!
Thanks for the ideas and support too!
06-23-2008, 11:10 AM   #100
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I just added a FAQ to the blog. If there are any other questions you can think of that I should add let me know!
06-23-2008, 12:30 PM   #101
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Day 23:

**Some assembly required
06-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #102

I just picked up your thread. Been laughing my butt off. You have a great sense of humor.....please keep it up.....Thanks for sharing

Rick
06-24-2008, 03:00 AM   #103
f8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxnut Quote
I just picked up your thread. Been laughing my butt off. You have a great sense of humor.....please keep it up.....Thanks for sharing

Rick
Kudos from me, too!!!
06-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #104
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Day 24:

With the king checkmated, Ferdinand went in for the kill.
06-24-2008, 06:13 PM   #105
Veteran Member

honestly i thought maybe after 20 days or so you might lose interest or you'd run out of ideas, but they keep getting better and better