Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-15-2015, 05:05 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Still 24 hours left! Don't delay, get your entries in.

04-15-2015, 05:31 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My humble B&W attempt...
Attached Images

04-16-2015, 06:15 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
PP Challenge 143 is now closed.
04-16-2015, 11:55 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Announcing PP Challenge 144 Host

Many thanks to all of you who took the time to process this image and submit your entries.

There were many issues that had to be dealt with and you guys did a great job. If I exposed for the foreground, then the lights would be blown out, so I exposed for the lights and knew I (and now you) would have to do recovery work for the shadows. The area was actually well lit, but the lights around the lawn area had a very yellow/orange cast to them. This was taken in January and they did not have a winter lawn, so the grass was yellow/brown as well. Many of you did a great job of making a nice green lawn. I took this with a wide angle lens (DA* 16-50 @ 16mm) and wanted to avoid distortion, so I tried to keep the horizon about center, which left a lot of dead lawn space which I was planning on cropping out. Many of you did the same - good job. The clouds were very prominent reflecting the city lights and I was glad to see them incorporated into many of the images.

Several of you had very nicely done B&W images, but I just liked the color in this scene and many of you had some very creative ideas. Well done.

Everyone did a great job, with many of them better than my own. Selecting a host for the next challenge was not easy, but it must be done. Based on nothing other than my own personal and subjective preferences, here is your next host and runners up.

First place and the host for PP Challenge 144 is Todd! Congratulations!!!

Second Place goes to Arizona Dave:

Third Place goes to K David:

Well done guys!

This was my processing of the image which undoubtedly biased me to what I liked in others.

Looking forward to PP Challenge 144!

04-16-2015, 12:00 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good calls, Glenn. That's how I would have ranked us, too.
04-16-2015, 12:11 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Congrats @todd Nice one
04-16-2015, 12:36 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well that was a surprise! Thanks for the nod Glenn... If I had to guess I'd say giving you and AZ Dave a hosting break was also a factor hahaha! When I saw Dave's entry I picked it for the win and still think it deserves... The way he handled the highlights especially the blown out spots on the foreground tree are very tasteful and impressive to me... Sure it made the overall exposure a bit darker, but I really like it....

I'll get a new round going when I can but at work right now... Need to try to get it started today though because the next fews days look to be busy with hosting friends and gatherings at home for the weekend...

04-16-2015, 12:39 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Congratulations Todd and K David. Thanks for the coveted 2nd place Glenn.
04-16-2015, 07:43 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Todd, good work!