Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 73 Likes Search this Thread
05-22-2015, 05:08 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm of to Vietnam for a couple of weeks in the first half...... will post if I can with the 10-17 I got a week or so ago.....taking it in lue of the 15.

05-22-2015, 05:12 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Flektogon
Man I really need to buy a Zeiss lens someday. If not only for the cool names they come up with.
05-22-2015, 05:28 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I am in for June with a Sigma 105/2.8 macro. Work is paying for a lighting food photography course, and I know next to nothing about flash photography, but am looking forward to learning more. I'm really looking forward to it (and showing off my k-s2 to all the other photographers - it will be interesting to see if I meet any other Pentaxians on the day).

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
what do you who own a 28mm, shoot? As I said before, I'm not a short prime shooter, but need advice. I was thinking to use lens in June.
I used a 28mm/2.5 Tamron 02b a while back on the kx for Singles In. See here for link. I found I struggled a little with it (resolution wasn't that great when I cropped down). I ended up letting it go, as I owned two 28mms. I should give the length another go, with my Tamron 28mm/2.8 - One of These Days.

---------- Post added 05-23-15 at 10:29 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
I'm going 35mm or thereabouts. Probably CZJ Flektogon 35/2.8, but there's a SuperTak 35/3.5 and Mir-1 37/2.8 ...........
*drools*

I would love a mir-1 one day. It's on my list, but it never goes for a price I'm willing to part with.
05-22-2015, 06:10 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unless I buy the 21mm I've had my eye on, I'll probably use the 17mm fisheye, or the 40mm XS. I expect to do some travelling next month and I want something compact.

05-22-2015, 07:30 PM   #20
Veteran Member

This sounds fun; I might pick up a cheap as chips lens off eBay just for this. Presumably there's no penalty if I can't actually post the day's photo on the day? EXIF data would show that it had been taken on the day.
05-22-2015, 07:33 PM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Welcome aboard our fun times, clockworkrat. And no you don't have to post the same day, as long as you take the photo on the correct day. We have a lot of us that aren't able to post the same day as the shot, and we have a few film shooters who can't take the photo and post same day.

I think I'm going to go with the 28mm with my closeup lenses, I have three for a total of +7. Should be interesting. As for reversing it, I only have one reverse ring and it's not the same filter size as the 28mm.
05-22-2015, 09:29 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Theme days are good from my perspective.

I have not been able to shoot much this month - my ability to do so was derailed by health (of others I care for as well as my own). So my F 50 f/1.7 hasn't gotten much of a workout.

For next month? I have a DA 200, an SMC DA 40 Limited, a 55-300, an F 100 Macro... all could make it to the top. The DA 40 seems very close to the 50 in focal length so I think it might not make it to the top of the list but OH it is a sweet lens from what I have seen so far.

05-22-2015, 09:43 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Theme days are good from my perspective.

I have not been able to shoot much this month - my ability to do so was derailed by health (of others I care for as well as my own). So my F 50 f/1.7 hasn't gotten much of a workout.

For next month? I have a DA 200, an SMC DA 40 Limited, a 55-300, an F 100 Macro... all could make it to the top. The DA 40 seems very close to the 50 in focal length so I think it might not make it to the top of the list but OH it is a sweet lens from what I have seen so far.
@UncleVanya - Come join me on the macro!
05-22-2015, 09:46 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
@UncleVanya - Come join me on the macro!
Well... I might. I also have the Raynox 250 filter so I have the option to macro with just about any of these but I will consider it. The F lens is fairly heavy and that's less interesting due to that but maybe...
05-22-2015, 10:13 PM   #25
Pentaxian

I used a 28mm/2.5 Tamron 02b a while back on the kx for Singles In. See here for link. I found I struggled a little with it (resolution wasn't that great when I cropped down).
I used one back in... October, maybe? I found much the same thing: it wasn't a lens that had great resolution, which made any sort of cropping somewhat dicey.

Edit: I'm eyeing my Pentacon electric 135/2.8. A bit soft on the wider end of the aperture so it's really not much more usable in low light than a 135/3.5, but I haven't gotten to use it that much.
05-22-2015, 10:38 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
I used one back in... October, maybe? I found much the same thing: it wasn't a lens that had great resolution, which made any sort of cropping somewhat dicey.

Edit: I'm eyeing my Pentacon electric 135/2.8. A bit soft on the wider end of the aperture so it's really not much more usable in low light than a 135/3.5, but I haven't gotten to use it that much.
Yes. So many potential shots lost to user error/poor initial framing that could not be salvaged in post processing

I have been toying with getting a faster 135mm. All mine are 3.5s. I'd be curious to see how yours goes as pentacons are in my wish list. Ah who am i kidding? Nearly everything is on my wishlist...
05-23-2015, 02:53 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I have been toying with getting a faster 135mm. All mine are 3.5s. I'd be curious to see how yours goes as pentacons are in my wish list. Ah who am i kidding? Nearly everything is on my wishlist...

I love my Takumar Bayonet 135/2.5, and it was $75 including shipping, on evilbay
05-23-2015, 08:37 AM - 1 Like   #28
Veteran Member

Yes. So many potential shots lost to user error/poor initial framing that could not be salvaged in post processing

Do you want a Sears 135mm f/2.8? I can send you one for shipping costs ( no idea what literally to the other side of the world would cost) as I have two (OK, I have 4, but three are separate designs). They tend to reproduce on me because I've bought kits looking for one specific lens and BAM - tagalong duplicates.

If nothing else its unique because its known for its glowy properties when in macro mode.

Sears 135mm F/2.8 With Macro Zone Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
05-23-2015, 09:56 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Your shipping can be quite cheap if not in a hurry. I send Willdmo's traveling Industar to Katoomba for ~$10 - it took near on 8 weeks to arrive if I recall correctly.
05-23-2015, 04:59 PM   #30
Pentaxian

It's the least-loved of the East German 135s, as near as I can tell. The earlier Meyer-Optik and original Pentacon rebadging of the preset version have something like 15 blades, so they tend to be sought after for their bokeh. While the later Auto and Electric versions have only 8 blades and come from the more dicey quality control period.

That said, I find it a nice lens on film (if you ignore the double-exposure there), and I've definitely gotten some decent results out of it on digital as well.