Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 80 Likes Search this Thread
06-29-2015, 08:33 AM - 1 Like   #91
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
I'm back!

And will join in July challenge, not sure yet with what lens though.
Also I have lots of photos to process and publish from my trip to Iran.
Great! Been missing your photography!

Also, for better or worse, I'm going to add my pinhole lens to the July challenge mix. Since I'm doing the Q+07 mount shield lens (a pinhole lens actually), I'll see what I can do with a pinhole lens on my K-mount cameras. Gosh a whole month without having either the ability or way to focus the camera! Look for another month of ... well ... difficult or creative photography from me. This may be as tough at March 2011 when I did a whole month with my Lensbaby...

Last edited by blackcloudbrew; 06-29-2015 at 08:41 AM.
06-29-2015, 09:46 AM   #92
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
No offense taken! I'm happy to contribute with this, since decent quality photographs are beyond my capability. :-)
Also, if the list isn't accurate and complete, it's not worth doing... so please fire your corrections and insults at will!
Quick question ...

When you say online, do you mean that a Excel spreadsheet is availble for us to download and sort/filter or is online the images you are posting?

And THANKS!!!
06-29-2015, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #93
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ripper2860 Quote
When you say online, do you mean that a Excel spreadsheet is available for us to download and sort/filter or is online the images you are posting?
I haven't posted the Excel spreadsheet anywhere... only screenshots... but I'll make it available on July 1. And presuming I continue doing this for August, I'll make it a habit to make the data available on the 1st of the month. Sound like a plan?
06-29-2015, 10:37 AM   #94
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I haven't posted the Excel spreadsheet anywhere... only screenshots... but I'll make it available on July 1. And presuming I continue doing this for August, I'll make it a habit to make the data available on the 1st of the month. Sound like a plan?
OK. So I'm not missing anything at this point. Sounds like a great plan. I too am extremely grateful that you've taken this on for our group. Much appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

06-29-2015, 10:37 AM   #95
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm going to commit to the DA 70. It's the newest lens in my collection; I have almost no shots with it. The DA 200 is nearly as unused by me but so much less flexible and the bulk concerns me with a week long beach trip coming. The F 100 is an old old dear friend which has great flexibility but the fact that I have used it so much in the past means I'm less interested in doing it this month. The Sigma 400 is just too complicated to be my jump back in the fray lens with a minimum focus distance of 4 meters. You would all get very tired of shots of the moon, my neighbors streetlights, tree tops. Plus I think I want to get some equipment that permits RAW processing with more capable software before I tackle the 400 - it will need more hand holding than most lenses.

So... the DA HD 70 it is. It seems to fit the Focal Length chart well - standing between the 50's and the 135 as far as primes this month.

---------- Post added 06-29-15 at 01:38 PM ----------

nono you should join me on the DA 70! Is yours the SMC or the HD version?
06-29-2015, 03:48 PM   #96
Veteran Member

UncleVanya, you have tempted me (no, no, not like that!) - I will try to post some shots with my K5 and the SMC DA 70 this month, because it will be a relief from the 15, my main lens!
06-29-2015, 03:50 PM   #97
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bagga_Txips Quote
UncleVanya, you have tempted me (no, no, not like that!) - I will try to post some shots with my K5 and the SMC DA 70 this month, because it will be a relief from the 15, my main lens!
Ah but once you fall under the 15's spell... the 70 may be hard to use. I found myself taken in by the 15 and seeing everything with that odd perspective. I had trouble moving to another view again.

06-29-2015, 05:01 PM - 1 Like   #98
Veteran Member

Yeah, the 21, and maybe the 15, reflect something I have often believed about the commonly held belief about angle of view. People often claim that the 43mm lens on fullframe roughly equates to the normal human angle of view. Maybe that is true if a person stares rigidly in one fixed direction, but in my case that is almost never true. My line of vision is almost always flickering all over the place, not least because I am a card-carrying practising paranoiac! As I walk down the street it is "Am I stepping in anything, is anyone going to bump into me, is anyone overtaking me, do I have to change direction because that IRRITATING Chinese person has slowly ambled into my path 2 metres in front of me then stopped dead (this happens nearly every day!), what's that over there, is that a photo opportunity?", and so on. I'm sure you get the idea.

If anything, my normal field of view in any given second is probably nearer to the 10-17 fisheye zoom!
06-29-2015, 08:51 PM   #99
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Great! Been missing your photography!
Thanks buddy, I too missed all of you.

Since this morning I'm thinking to my DA 55-300, it's big and heavy for me, but I haven't use it for a long time, maybe it's time for it.
Let's see what lens will be with me tomorrow.

Thanks JCDoss for preparing the list, it helped me to find out who's using what in a glance.
06-30-2015, 12:47 AM   #100
Veteran Member

I'm back in felt good to take a short break.

I'll be using my Jupiter 9. Since it is currently mounted to my camera.

I will also try to get a shot in with my pentax iqzoom 200 as well. Will be shooting a roll of Kodak Tmax 100.
The 48mm-200mm zoom lens should be interesting to use.
06-30-2015, 03:52 AM   #101
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ok, I think I've decided. I'm going to go the tamron 35-80 2.8-3.5 QZ-35M, which is the predecessor to the adaptall sp tamron 35-80 01a. For those curious, you can find out more about the lens here. Interestingly, just found a review on the database too. Only one review. Guess that's as good as any reason to test it out some more? https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/tamron-adaptall-35-80mm-f2-8-3-5-qz-35m.html

I took it out the other day and it's been sitting on my shelf looking at me, and I'm getting excited at the thought of what images it's going to make me.

It will also help me decide whether it will stay in my arsenal (i'm hoping not. as in, look, i've spent a month on you and i can feel justified about letting you go now), because I already own the 01a, and really... do I need two of the same? I mean, REALLY??? =P

Last edited by wolfiegirl; 06-30-2015 at 04:02 AM.
06-30-2015, 06:11 AM - 1 Like   #102
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hurray!! The lens arrived and I am ready for tomorrow.

06-30-2015, 11:42 AM   #103

Photos: Gallery
The 20-40 has not arrived yet so it seems I will be missing the first few days.
06-30-2015, 11:47 AM   #104

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
nono you should join me on the DA 70! Is yours the SMC or the HD version?
Mine is the SMC. But I already know what a great lens it is, whereas I have not used the 24 that much. In fact I have been playing with the 24 for a few days and I think it deserves a full month of getting used to. So the FA* 24 it will be. Unless I change my mind tomorrow.

I have also taken a B&W lesson a couple of weeks ago, so expect some B&W from me during the month.
06-30-2015, 12:12 PM   #105
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hypernotactive Quote
The 20-40 has not arrived yet so it seems I will be missing the first few days.
Perhaps those of us who have this lens can share a few images with it for you... [yeah, right!]