Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3660 Likes Search this Thread
02-05-2023, 01:22 PM   #1696
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
oh, I'm doubly sorry, having been on the sad side of both kinds of events. Poor baby!
Nothing to be sorry about. I miss the little guy, but he had a pretty good life and was a tad beyond middle-age.

02-06-2023, 04:29 PM - 7 Likes   #1697
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

Pentax K-1 SMCP-K 50mm f/1.2 @ f/1.2 ISO 3200 1/125th
02-09-2023, 01:25 PM - 5 Likes   #1698
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Miss Punkin, showing off her new mani-pedi. She absolutely will not tolerate us touching her paws, so any attempt to trim her (needle-like) claws is nightmarish. Short of sedating her (which we have done once or twice), it's a traumatic wrestling match, not fun for her or for us. So earlier this week I asked about it at the vet we use, they gave me a semi-reasonable fee to do it, and we took her in. Tech took the carrier back to the room where they do these things, brought her back less than 5 minutes later. "All done! What a good kitty!"

"Good kitty? She's a terror about having her claws trimmed!"

"Oh, no, she behaved perfectly. No trouble at all, held out each paw, clip-clip-clip-clip. All done! Good girl!"

The little monster! Won't let us touch her paws, held them out for the vet tech to trim!

Anyhow, all trimmed, my shoulder is celebrating (she's a climber). We'll see if this becomes a regular thing, appointment at the kitty salon for a mani-pedi...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
02-10-2023, 04:07 AM   #1699
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was trimming front paws only for Filemon and I realized that it is best to do during his sleep. So one, max two claws and once, week long work

02-10-2023, 06:35 AM   #1700
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
We do team work with both of our cats. My wife holds the cats and I trim their nails. It's pretty fast, less than 5 minutes each. Lexy, the big calico with tortitude, growls but doesn't bite. Catalina, the small tuxedo, shakes in fear.
02-10-2023, 08:35 AM - 1 Like   #1701
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote
I was trimming front paws only for Filemon and I realized that it is best to do during his sleep. So one, max two claws and once, week long work
We might be able to trim one claw while she's asleep, but no guarantee. She just will not permit touching her paws. But if the vet techs can do it with no drama, that's fine with me. She's a senior cat, I don't want to traumatize her, and the wrestling match is too much trauma. So, kitty nail salon it will be!
02-10-2023, 08:46 AM   #1702
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mbaez Quote
We do team work with both of our cats. My wife holds the cats and I trim their nails. It's pretty fast, less than 5 minutes each. Lexy, the big calico with tortitude, growls but doesn't bite. Catalina, the small tuxedo, shakes in fear.
If only she'd cooperate, I'd be fine with a 2-person session, but the only way is to tranquilize her. And that means a comatose cat for hours and hours. It wouldn't be a big deal if she weren't a climber, meaning she loves to get in my lap and then climb up/hang on my shoulder. Her front claws get like needles...my shoulder and arm are continually marked with claw-pricks.

I suspect that fear was the operative factor at the vet -- she was so scared of the tech and the environment that she just let him do it.

02-10-2023, 10:44 AM - 4 Likes   #1703
Pentaxian

Again with this beast
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
02-10-2023, 10:49 AM   #1704
Loyal Site Supporter

"And that means a comatose cat for hours and hours."

ALL cats are comatose for hours and hours between bouts of causing chaos in my experience.
02-10-2023, 10:56 AM - 4 Likes   #1705
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chloe wants a belly rub...
02-10-2023, 12:00 PM   #1706
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jgnfld Quote
"And that means a comatose cat for hours and hours."

ALL cats are comatose for hours and hours between bouts of causing chaos in my experience.
well, that's sort of true...adult cats do sleep about 20 hours of every 24, no argument there. But "sleeping" and "comatose" are different...if she's sleeping, any touch to her paws brings instant alert and wakefulness. The couple of times we gave her a tranq, she was pretty wobbly, I was afraid she'd try to jump or climb, and fall.
02-10-2023, 10:12 PM   #1707
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Chloe wants a belly rub...
That is incredibly adorable...
02-11-2023, 07:29 AM - 1 Like   #1708
Pentaxian

Cat in white
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
02-11-2023, 10:02 AM   #1709
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
That is incredibly adorable...

Thanks! She was a cutie, albeit a bit of a wild one.
02-13-2023, 02:15 PM - 2 Likes   #1710
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ogQKHJ]