Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3660 Likes Search this Thread
06-22-2021, 07:42 AM - 1 Like   #931
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Geodude Quote

All the cats we've had over the past 45 years were rescued off the street or had wandered up to our house. "Jack" was quite a large cat who adopted us, and was quite gentle. Our son bought some mouse toys to play with him, so sometimes I'd pick up one of the toys and toss it down the hallway. Jack would dash after it and fetch it back to me, and the game would be repeated a number of times. One time I tossed the toy up over his head and he leaped into the air and caught the darned thing. Well, that became a great pastime for him as he could leap up to four feet and catch the mouse midair. One day after I came home from work, he was sitting on my desk with three of those toys waiting for me...
All of our cats, inside and outside, are rescues. Some of the outside gang adopted us -- or were given to us by their mother, who later moved in herself. But the inside gang have a host of little mouse toys that they play with. We find them all over the house, then they disappear for a few days, reappear. We think one of the cats has a toy stash hidden somewhere, likely under the bed. Periodically one of the "mousies" shows up, moves from one end of the house to the other, then goes back into hiding. A couple of the cats will play catch-the-mouse if we toss the toy at her, also leaping up to nab it out of the air.''

06-23-2021, 02:41 PM - 9 Likes   #932
Veteran Member

Chillin Cat in Vietnam

06-23-2021, 03:55 PM   #933
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here's a kitty worthy of respect.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-GX8  Photo 
06-23-2021, 07:55 PM - 2 Likes   #934
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Doc, inside - wishing he was out (xposted):

06-24-2021, 07:00 AM   #935
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Here's a kitty worthy of respect.
Oh, yes... great capture, leopards are elusive (I'm told). Beautiful animal!
06-24-2021, 09:14 AM   #936
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Oh, yes... great capture, leopards are elusive (I'm told). Beautiful animal!
The lady had two well-grown cubs, but they were keeping themselves hidden. I only got a partial image of the face of one.
06-24-2021, 09:31 AM   #937
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pkboy Quote
Chillin Cat in Vietnam

I love this one!

06-24-2021, 11:11 AM - 4 Likes   #938
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
All of our cats, inside and outside, are rescues. Some of the outside gang adopted us -- or were given to us by their mother, who later moved in herself. But the inside gang have a host of little mouse toys that they play with. We find them all over the house, then they disappear for a few days, reappear. We think one of the cats has a toy stash hidden somewhere, likely under the bed. Periodically one of the "mousies" shows up, moves from one end of the house to the other, then goes back into hiding. A couple of the cats will play catch-the-mouse if we toss the toy at her, also leaping up to nab it out of the air.''
Jinxie doesn't like dining alone.

If I remove the mousies from her bowl, she will go find them and put them back.

Her favorite tv show is the Westminster dog show.
06-24-2021, 03:57 PM   #939
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The lady had two well-grown cubs, but they were keeping themselves hidden. I only got a partial image of the face of one.
Keeping hidden...it's what leopards do. Mom is training them well!

---------- Post added 06-24-21 at 07:03 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gifthorse Quote

If I remove the mousies from her bowl, she will go find them and put them back.

ROFL! I love it! Decades ago I had a cat that formed a very unnatural attachment to a toy, not a mousie, but what started out as a little felt birdie. The cat would carry the thing with him at all times, setting it down only reluctantly to eat or drink. Otherwise, it was in his mouth. Eventually it lost wings, tail, beak, feet (all little attached felt bits) and became this bizarre yellow felt blob. It got nasty -- cat saliva all over it -- and I had to take it away from him. I felt terrible, it was his favorite plaything, but it was just gross. He was not amused.
06-24-2021, 06:07 PM - 2 Likes   #940
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Two of three cubs that lady leopard had (found a single image of a third cub). Both of these shot @ 400mm actual, 800mm FF equivalent FOV. The second image is mildly cropped. The haziness or slight flair along the right side of the first image was caused by foreground vegetation. The entire image had at least some such haze over it, but intense PP pulled out an acceptable image of the cub. All three cubs were asleep. The cub in the second image below opened its eye very slightly a couple of times.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-GX8  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DMC-GX8  Photo 
06-24-2021, 06:11 PM   #941
Loyal Site Supporter

Two of three cubs that lady leopard had (found a single image of a third cub). Both of these shot @ 400mm actual, 800mm FF equivalent FOV. The second image is mildly cropped. The haziness or slight flair along the right side of the first image was caused by foreground vegetation. The entire image had at least some such haze over it, but intense PP pulled out an acceptable image of the cub. All three cubs were asleep. The cub in the second image below opened its eye very slightly a couple of times.
Love #2 pic. Really well done.
06-24-2021, 07:33 PM   #942
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jon.partsch Quote
I love this one!
We were a bit outside of Hanoi, around the grounds of some temple that I forgot the name of. Pretty serene place
06-25-2021, 06:04 AM   #943
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gifthorse Quote

Hah! Our cat really enjoys watching the PBS Nature series each week. I'll have to try to get a pic of her on the ottoman in front of the set.
06-25-2021, 10:01 AM   #944
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wonderful shots, Walt. Terrific! What gorgeous animals they are!

---------- Post added 06-25-21 at 01:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pkboy Quote
We were a bit outside of Hanoi, around the grounds of some temple that I forgot the name of. Pretty serene place
The cat definitely thinks so! I love it!
06-26-2021, 11:46 AM   #945
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Couple of the outside gang, Murphy and Socks. Sadly, Socks isn't with us any longer, he just vanished one day.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo