Show Printable Version 3660 Likes Search this Thread
06-30-2022, 05:28 AM - 1 Like   #1411
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mbaez Quote
This cat wants to be my model... Met him again in my evening walk
Sony A7R3A + Pentax M 120 f:2.8

He's very handsome, and a TNR veteran, too! A good combination. Wonderful that he poses for you!

06-30-2022, 12:39 PM - 2 Likes   #1412
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Our cat is weird. She sat out on the lawn in the thunderstorm and refused to come in, then when it stopped raining, and she was soaked, came and sat on a mountain of cushions on the sofa!

June 30: Fluffy par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
06-30-2022, 02:12 PM   #1413
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Our cat is weird. She sat out on the lawn in the thunderstorm and refused to come in, then when it stopped raining, and she was soaked, came and sat on a mountain of cushions on the sofa!

June 30: Fluffy par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
I've seen several of our outdoor gang sitting in the rain, only yards (or feet!) from dry shelter. Cats can be very strange, neh?
06-30-2022, 07:03 PM   #1414
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Annabelle stays in almost continually in the Winter. but in summer if there's a light, sprinkly rain at night she seems to like going out hunting for rodents. In the past she had some success, but not in recent years. Despite her age and languid behavior, if a small animal comes near, such as a few birds who got annoyed with her being out on the deck this afternoon, in the blink of an eye she turns into that intense, capable-looking little predator that we all know cats can be.

07-02-2022, 08:12 AM - 5 Likes   #1415
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

B&W Sunbathing cat.
Attached Images

07-04-2022, 06:47 AM - 4 Likes   #1416
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kittens ones from my garden

And proud mum. She does not know it yet, but she on the right course to the vet for neutering. I am just waiting for kittens to get a bit bigger.

07-04-2022, 09:25 AM   #1417
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote
Kittens ones from my garden

And proud mum. She does not know it yet, but she on the right course to the vet for neutering. I am just waiting for kittens to get a bit bigger.
Good for you! Do you have a public service to spay/neuter the neighborhood cats? We have one here, it's called "TNR" (for "trap, neuter, return"). The county will spay/neuter the animal at no charge. You have to be a county resident (meaning "taxpayer"), and you have to trap the cat and bring it to the clinic (several locations), but they will do the surgery and give several vaccines (including rabies). Next day, pick up the cat, all done! Kittens, too, although they have to weigh at least 2 pounds (1kg).

I am a big supporter of TNR, over a number of years we have trapped more than 50 cats and taken them in for spay/neuter. All but one of our "outside" cats has taken this ride (and he would go if we could trap him). No more kitten factories!

07-05-2022, 12:01 AM - 1 Like   #1418
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sadly no. Sometimes proanimal organizations do pay for neutering of wild cats, but other then this I need to pay for it myself. Luckily it is not very expensive at ~50$ for female and half of it for male.

I hope there will be such action later in the year to get kittens there.
07-05-2022, 06:45 AM   #1419
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote
Sadly no. Sometimes proanimal organizations do pay for neutering of wild cats, but other then this I need to pay for it myself. Luckily it is not very expensive at ~50$ for female and half of it for male.

I hope there will be such action later in the year to get kittens there.
You're right,, all things considered, $50 is not very expensive. Here, most veterinarians would charge at least $200 to spay a female cat. So the free county service is a very good deal. Saved us many hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. Good for you, I'm glad you're doing it! Mama kitty will be fine, and happier!
07-13-2022, 09:20 AM - 4 Likes   #1420
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Shadow, one of the outside gang. He's really semi-feral, doesn't permit us to touch him, but he hangs out with the others and gets his food with them.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
07-13-2022, 09:25 AM   #1421
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Shadow, one of the outside gang. He's really semi-feral, doesn't permit us to touch him, but he hangs out with the others and gets his food with them.
Any idea what breed he is? He doesn't look like your average moggy.

07-13-2022, 09:41 AM - 2 Likes   #1422
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
He looks like my old cat which was a Blue Burmese.

Phil.
07-13-2022, 09:56 AM - 3 Likes   #1423
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Annie telling me what she wants, or expects, and exasperated that I do not understand or respond. The crop of her face shows how different light can alter the appearance of her eyes. The floor lamp is reflected in her left eye (far right of the crop). Her eye color is actually akin to the flowers of chicory, or perhaps a tiny bit darker.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-RX100M6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DSC-RX100M6  Photo 
07-13-2022, 11:38 AM - 3 Likes   #1424
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
Breed? Definitely a moggy. I don't even remember which litter (meaning, which of the former kitten factories was his mother) he came from. He's been with us for years. There was a time -- again, years ago -- when a gray tom was hanging about, and, we presume, fathered a few litters. Now in cat "color" terminology, he would be a "blue", there are a number of official "blue" breeds (Russian blue, Chartreuse, blue-this and blue-that...), but this guy has no pedigree. He's just a handsome, not-very-friendly, semi-feral yard cat who looks like he might have fancy ancestry. I don't have many images of him because he won't let either of us get near him, this morning I caught him napping and managed a couple of shots before he moved away. I suppose he may still hold a grudge for our trapping him for TNR back in 2015. At that time there were two or three other "blue" cats in the colony, he's the only one remaining from those cats. Over the years two or three others have wandered in and out, not related, only one of those remains, so now we have two "blues", Shadow and a female, Sheba. She's very friendly. This is Sheba

07-13-2022, 03:05 PM - 1 Like   #1425
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dahlia and Annabelle don't get along as well as we'd like, so I thought I'd try to iron out their problem.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-RX100M6  Photo