Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3660 Likes Search this Thread
04-15-2021, 07:16 AM - 3 Likes   #751
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Annabelle finding a comfortable place and a place to warm her fanny.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DC-G9  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DC-G9  Photo 
04-16-2021, 12:33 PM   #752
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Annabelle finding a comfortable place and a place to warm her fanny.
Love' em! I notice what look like shaved parts on her forelegs... I hope the trip to the vet was routine!
04-16-2021, 12:37 PM - 4 Likes   #753
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is Yuki (Dusty's younger brother) crashed out in one of the fave outdoor snooze spots -- what's left of the "stump" of a royal palm we had removed in the fall (too close to the carport). Palms aren't woody, so the center of the "stump" eventually collapses, leaving a faux cat bed. The outside gang fight over rights to sleep in it.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
04-16-2021, 04:13 PM - 1 Like   #754
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Love' em! I notice what look like shaved parts on her forelegs... I hope the trip to the vet was routine!
The vet said during last year's visit that Annie's teeth were bad, and all except the canines had to come out. She was scheduled for it this year, but when the vet scraped off the plaque/tartar/calculus she found that Annie's teeth and gums were actually quite healthy. So that's why the shaved legs, both fores and one hind.

04-16-2021, 05:17 PM   #755
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Annie's teeth and gums were actually quite healthy. So that's why the shaved legs, both fores and one hind.
Ah, good news then! Glad to hear it! Give her a skritch and a treat for me. Such a beautiful cat!
04-17-2021, 02:49 AM   #756
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Ah, good news then! Glad to hear it! Give her a skritch and a treat for me. Such a beautiful cat!
She is pretty, technically a "lynx point Siamese" although her known history starts with being found as a very young stray. She's tiny, under 7 lb at last weighing, and like all Siamese she's talkative but without the classic Siamese yowwwwl. However, she always seems to be complaining about something. She has a lovely soft purr that starts with the least touch of a hand and goes on and on. She's brassy, not afraid of any stranger who comes in. More inclined to walk right up and check them out, especially the smell of their shoes. She's not the favorite of all the cats I've had. That honor goes to Blackie about whom I have multiple stories. In retrospect, he was an exceptionally intelligent and consequently interesting cat.
04-17-2021, 09:29 AM - 4 Likes   #757
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of the well-fed members of a feral cat colony living by the beach and cared for by neighbors...

04-17-2021, 10:18 AM   #758
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
One of the well-fed members of a feral cat colony living by the beach and cared for by neighbors...

Looks like his/her left ear is tipped -- a sure sign that the caretakers have taken this kitty in for spay/neuter... kudos to them on all levels! (all of our outside colony have taken The Ride to the county's spay/neuter clinic)
04-17-2021, 02:14 PM   #759
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

She's tiny, under 7 lb at last weighing, .
Wow, that IS tiny! She looks bigger in her photos. One of our indoor gang, Panda (the black-and-white) started out tiny, she's still sort of a "mini"cat, but altogether too chubby so she probably tips the scale at more than 7 lb. Last official weigh-in was several years ago when we rushed her to the vet with an obvious injury, after x-rays the verdict was "shattered pelvis", we spent a couple of months rehabbing her. She was a few months old at the time, I think she weighed all of about 4 lb. Vet said "fatten her up!", so we did.
04-17-2021, 02:18 PM - 4 Likes   #760
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

From the archives... this is Martha, one of the early denizens of the colony, and a major kitten factory until we managed to trap her for TNR. She's no longer with us, but some of her "grandkittens" still hang out.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
04-17-2021, 09:40 PM - 6 Likes   #761

K3 II with D-FA 24-70mm (full auto)

Uhura was sitting there starring at me. So I grabbed my camera and took her photo.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
04-18-2021, 12:00 AM   #762
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jspi Quote

Uhura was sitting there starring at me. So I grabbed my camera and took her photo.
Supper time? 😹
04-18-2021, 05:47 AM   #763

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Supper time? 😹
Supper was over. That's a place she likes to sit and watch over the room.
04-18-2021, 06:20 AM   #764
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful lady! She's definitely got that "whatcha doin', dad?" expression on her face!
04-18-2021, 07:18 AM   #765
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

She’s a beauty!