Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote

"Now just where is that Philip dude...I want to talk to him about something..."

Another handsome red tabby!

06-12-2021, 12:35 PM - 2 Likes   #902
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Princess Annabelle on one of her many thrones.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M10MarkII  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M10MarkII  Photo 
06-12-2021, 02:03 PM   #903
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Princess Annabelle on one of her many thrones.
That one is apparently climate-controlled, no? Beautiful cat, Walt!

Is she polydactyl or just has unusual dew-claws?
06-12-2021, 02:12 PM - 1 Like   #904
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

An old forgotten photo of our beloved Doc...he was a rescue we adopted on Christmas Eve 2013.

06-12-2021, 02:48 PM   #905
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
That one is apparently climate-controlled, no? Beautiful cat, Walt!

Is she polydactyl or just has unusual dew-claws?
She has extra claws which make her fore paws look oversized*. When she was young those big paws made her a formidable predator, but nowadays hunting is for kittens..

*See post #883 back on page 59.
06-13-2021, 06:14 AM - 1 Like   #906
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

She has extra claws which make her fore paws look oversized*. When she was young those big paws made her a formidable predator, but nowadays hunting is for kittens..

*See post #883 back on page 59.
I did see her toes in that previous post, yes, and wondered then if she might be polydactyl. But I didn't respond to that one (no idea why not, maybe a "senior moment"). Interesting.

We call most of Roxy's brood the "Sasquatch clan" or "bigfoot clan", most of them (including her imperial majesty herself) have huge paws relative to their otherwise normal cat sizes. No extra toes, just huge feet. Here she is, lording over the yard...you can barely see her feet in this image, but they are quite large for a cat her size.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
06-13-2021, 06:36 AM   #907
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

But I didn't respond to that one (no idea why not, maybe a "senior moment"). Interesting..

I know all about "senior moments." I keep hoping to get a share of "adolescent moments."

06-13-2021, 11:02 AM   #908
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I know all about "senior moments." I keep hoping to get a share of "adolescent moments."
Indeed, I understand. Although I confess to taking advantage of some AARP discounts...
06-13-2021, 11:17 AM - 1 Like   #909
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Indeed, I understand. Although I confess to taking advantage of some AARP discounts...
I'm starting to receive, with some regularity, invitations to informational sessions and tours of local retirement communities. At least there are only rarely such notices addressed to my mother who never lived at this address and who passed 25 years ago.

Here is Annabelle in full-sun-absorption mode.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M10MarkII  Photo 
06-13-2021, 11:37 AM   #910
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
An old forgotten photo of our beloved Doc...he was a rescue we adopted on Christmas Eve 2013.
He was a very handsome guy, Paul. I understand why you miss him!

---------- Post added 06-13-21 at 02:46 PM ----------

I'm starting to receive, with some regularity, invitations to informational sessions and tours of local retirement communities. At least there are only rarely such notices addressed to my mother who never lived at this address and who passed 25 years ago.
Just wait for the funeral home and cemetery mail! I regularly get mail -- and phone calls! -- for my dad (who did live at this address), who passed in 1982.

I had a long-running battle with Sears because of the address issue. When my mother passed (in 1985) I closed their Sears account. I had my own Sears account. For years Sears kept sending correspondence about my purchases to my late father. Once it had to do with an appliance warranty and I totally lost it, unable to straighten this out by phone or in person. So when the inevitable phone call came, I politely told the rep... "if you want to speak with [Dad's name] about this, I will happily give you the number of the cemetery where he resides now. If you want to speak with the person who actually purchased the appliance, tell me what you want..." Long silence, strange throat-catching noises as he composed himself, and then we discussed the warranty. Never had an issue with them after that.

Last edited by OrchidJulie; 06-13-2021 at 11:47 AM.
06-13-2021, 12:09 PM   #911
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

---------- Post added 06-13-21 at 02:46 PM ----------

Just wait for the funeral home and cemetery mail! I regularly get mail -- and phone calls! -- for my dad (who did live at this address), who passed in 1982.

I had a long-running battle with Sears because of the address issue. When my mother passed (in 1985) I closed their Sears account. I had my own Sears account. For years Sears kept sending correspondence about my purchases to my late father. Once it had to do with an appliance warranty and I totally lost it, unable to straighten this out by phone or in person. So when the inevitable phone call came, I politely told the rep... "if you want to speak with [Dad's name] about this, I will happily give you the number of the cemetery where he resides now. If you want to speak with the person who actually purchased the appliance, tell me what you want..." Long silence, strange throat-catching noises as he composed himself, and then we discussed the warranty. Never had an issue with them after that.

I knew from experience when my mother died that after my sister died I would begin to get her mail, especially solicitations from charities to which she had donated, in her name but to our address despite the fact that she never lived here, nor anywhere in the Commonwealth of MessyChewBits. So I printed out a bunch of peel-and-stick labels in bold red letters that said "ADDRESSEE DECEASED, RETURN TO SENDER." I stuck them onto the envelopes directly over our address and dropped them into a blue mailbox. It took about 18 months, but eventually the solicitations stopped. I don't think one has come for about two years now. If only I could shut down some of the catalogs that way.
06-13-2021, 12:10 PM   #912
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Julie. We really miss all the lizards, snakes & grasshoppers he would proudly deposit on the living room carpet. But yes, he was a sweetheart.
06-13-2021, 02:18 PM   #913
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

,,, bunch of peel-and-stick labels in bold red letters that said "ADDRESSEE DECEASED, RETURN TO SENDER.".
I have been tempted, may times, to do the same, but I have kept the telephone listing in my dad's name, for MY privacy purposes. I know that 100% of the junk mail (and worse) that comes addressed to him is from the telephone listing. But, when the spam phone calls come in for him, I just answer " [dad's name) is deceased, who's calling please?" Shuts them up every time and they don't call back.
06-15-2021, 11:33 AM - 4 Likes   #914
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is Yuki, king of the driveway. One of Roxy's...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
06-15-2021, 11:52 AM - 3 Likes   #915

My little Penny

Shot with an old manual Cosina M 50mm today.