Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2021, 06:04 AM   #1081
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jspi Quote
My Pixel 6 Pro arrived today. Needed the larger version to aid my increasing need (and dislike) for reading glasses. While looking through a few things, Chewie jumped onto the trash can and started demanding my attention. Fine, but only after a portrait mode test... Had to crop a little, added a vignette, and a couple tweaks so it's not straight from the phone. Good for a test photo. Got one of the dog too but his is a cat thread...
Very good for a test photo! Chewie's a handsome dude!

11-30-2021, 09:41 AM   #1082
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My Pixel 6 Pro arrived today. Needed the larger version to aid my increasing need (and dislike) for reading glasses. While looking through a few things, Chewie jumped onto the trash can and started demanding my attention. Fine, but only after a portrait mode test... Had to crop a little, added a vignette, and a couple tweaks so it's not straight from the phone. Good for a test photo. Got one of the dog too but his is a cat thread...
Pretty good result from a phone photo. And yes, cats rule this thread! And the world!
11-30-2021, 07:18 PM - 7 Likes   #1083
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
We spent Thanksgiving at my younger son's house, where three cats rule.

Simba, was a stray, the most calm animal you've ever met. They also have two dogs, that will jump on him and he doesn't care.

Peggy, the lone female, Peggy has always been jumpy, she used to live with us for a while.

Parker, is a pretty calm and cool cat too, although he will sneak up and attack the others. Parer loves to get in the sink and play with running water.
11-30-2021, 10:19 PM - 5 Likes   #1084

Another cell phone pic... Lucy is about to be 14 and we recently changed vets. We also changed food and she lost weight along with her eyes drying up (previously, they were always runny). Vet said she looked good and it was likely allergies but she kept losing weight. Down to 5 pounds. Back to the vet and blood tests showed thyroid issues. Meds, new senior food, and she's putting on weight. Very happy with the improvement.

11-30-2021, 11:51 PM - 3 Likes   #1085
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The feral dude from Zoo Lake again
12-01-2021, 12:13 AM - 6 Likes   #1086
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

stray community cat that resides at below my block of public housing flats.

This kitty is very friendly and is very well fed, as it is evidently overweight

Snapped in TAV mode where my setting has top-end limited to iso1250.
So, the original image as it is was really dark, can't really see anything much.

But when i pulled it back using in-camera processing, and Snapseed thereafter (on the jpeg), ha, saw that little bit of tongue sticking out.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 Mark III  Photo 
12-01-2021, 12:28 AM - 1 Like   #1087
Veteran Member

Another cell phone pic... Lucy is about to be 14 and we recently changed vets. We also changed food and she lost weight along with her eyes drying up (previously, they were always runny). Vet said she looked good and it was likely allergies but she kept losing weight. Down to 5 pounds. Back to the vet and blood tests showed thyroid issues. Meds, new senior food, and she's putting on weight. Very happy with the improvement.
Nice to know kitty is on the mend......I firmly believe good vets are few and far between. You lucky!

---------- Post added 01-12-21 at 09:30 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote

Simba, was a stray, the most calm animal you've ever met. They also have two dogs, that will jump on him and he doesn't care.

Peggy, the lone female, Peggy has always been jumpy, she used to live with us for a while.

Parker, is a pretty calm and cool cat too, although he will sneak up and attack the others. Parer loves to get in the sink and play with running water.
Simba looks very much like my Mikidix.... a ruler of the house and very demanding.

12-01-2021, 04:27 AM - 9 Likes   #1088
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I love cats but I don't have one, so I don't miss a chance to enjoy and photograph them.
Here is a fellow from my friends yard.
12-01-2021, 08:04 AM   #1089
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So glad that you take care of your Lucy, and that she is getting better.
12-01-2021, 08:07 AM   #1090
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote

Lovely cats. Simba's coat makes him look like a lion.
12-01-2021, 08:31 AM   #1091
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mbaez Quote
Lovely cats. Simba's coat makes him look like a lion.
Many years ago I had a huge black cat with a very lion-like mane.
12-01-2021, 10:33 AM   #1092
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Happy to know Lucy is on the mend! Beautiful girl!
12-18-2021, 08:48 AM - 4 Likes   #1093
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

One of the outside gang, this is RedCat. You may recall his tail hanging from the tree crotch beside the driveway.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
12-18-2021, 08:58 AM - 6 Likes   #1094
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My li'l Abigail knows when it's time for bed...

12-18-2021, 09:07 AM   #1095
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
My li'l Abigail knows when it's time for bed...
Wonderful! She looks a lot like our little Boo, who also knows when it's time for bed...she regularly tells us so, as her favorite spot in the entire house is snuggling in bed with one (preferably both) of us! Boo isn't much for staying under the covers, though. She'd prefer to lie on top of them to pin us down!