Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2022, 01:58 PM   #1171
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jgnfld Quote
One of mine lies down with her feet under one of my old cast iron radiators! Everything gets warm and toasty.
Years ago, when I was living in The Great White North, one of my cats used to park herself on top of one of the floor registers. Very toasty indeed!

01-05-2022, 08:27 PM   #1172
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Years ago, when I was living in The Great White North, one of my cats used to park herself on top of one of the floor registers. Very toasty indeed!
Other than her personal little heating pad, floor registers are Annabelle's favorite spot this time of year. She spends more time on the pad because it's cloth covered, soft and she can lie down to sleep on it. Heat registers are just for sitting. About twice a day she also enjoys my lap.
01-06-2022, 03:32 PM   #1173
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Other than her personal little heating pad, floor registers are Annabelle's favorite spot this time of year. She spends more time on the pad because it's cloth covered, soft and she can lie down to sleep on it. Heat registers are just for sitting. About twice a day she also enjoys my lap.
Generally ours aren't lap cats. One, Punkin, does like to get in my lap but she wants to hang by her claws on my shoulder. You may be sure I discourage this, very occasionally she'll lie down in my lap. And R tells me that sometimes, late in the evening, Boo will get in his lap while he's watching TV, but her preferred snuggle spot is in bed with one (preferably both) of us. The other two don't "do" laps.
01-06-2022, 04:34 PM - 2 Likes   #1174
Loyal Site Supporter

Generally ours aren't lap cats. One, Punkin, does like to get in my lap but she wants to hang by her claws on my shoulder. You may be sure I discourage this, very occasionally she'll lie down in my lap. And R tells me that sometimes, late in the evening, Boo will get in his lap while he's watching TV, but her preferred snuggle spot is in bed with one (preferably both) of us. The other two don't "do" laps.
My small male cat likes to sit high on my chest draping over my shoulder when I'm at my computer. I do sometimes have to discourage clawing my shoulder.

Here's a cell selfie... [note, my house is a mess from ongoing renos :-( ]...

01-06-2022, 05:21 PM - 2 Likes   #1175
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

[note, my house is a mess from ongoing renos :-( ]...
If renovations make a room look that way, we've been doing them for many, many decades.
01-07-2022, 06:19 AM - 2 Likes   #1176
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mufasa?? SCAN. BTW: "Mufasa" means "king" in Swahili. Many other names in the Disney movie are taken from Swahili and have specific, appropriate meaning.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
EZ Controller  Photo 
01-07-2022, 07:52 AM   #1177
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My small male cat likes to sit high on my chest draping over my shoulder when I'm at my computer. I do sometimes have to discourage clawing my shoulder.

He doesn't look small to me! But yeah, that's a typical pose from the shoulder-hanger here. I've tried, with limited success, to put a folded towel under her claws but she always manages to dislodge it . And I agree with Walt about the decades of renovations...our house is (and has been) in a comparable state of deshabille. It always amuses me to see these staged photos of other people's living spaces -- there's no way anyone actually lives there.

01-07-2022, 08:11 AM   #1178
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
If renovations make a room look that way, we've been doing them for many, many decades.
+1
01-07-2022, 08:12 AM   #1179
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's adorable

I agree with @OrchidJulie - your boy does not look "small" to me!
01-07-2022, 08:14 AM - 4 Likes   #1180
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Years ago Abigail was kind enough to provide me with my own personal "facepalm" photo, which I just happened to use a few minutes ago...

01-07-2022, 02:05 PM - 4 Likes   #1181
Loyal Site Supporter

He doesn't look small to me! But yeah, that's a typical pose from the shoulder-hanger here. I've tried, with limited success, to put a folded towel under her claws but she always manages to dislodge it . ...
He's literally 1/2 the size of Gurl Cat. She must weigh 20 pounds and is only somewhat fat. She's just a big girl with a coat that is thick and almost as waterproof as fleece.

Here's a pic of her in my computer rocking chair taken over 2 yrs ago with my K-70... (handheld1/25sec at f4.5 and ISO 3200--the room was quite dim-- @ 53mm using my 16-85mm, I think)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 

Last edited by jgnfld; 01-07-2022 at 02:28 PM.
01-07-2022, 03:09 PM   #1182
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

He doesn't look small to me! But yeah, that's a typical pose from the shoulder-hanger here. I've tried, with limited success, to put a folded towel under her claws but she always manages to dislodge it . And I agree with Walt about the decades of renovations...our house is (and has been) in a comparable state of deshabille. It always amuses me to see these staged photos of other people's living spaces -- there's no way anyone actually lives there.
Now and then I catch an ad for one of those home do-over programs. They show a few rooms, usually the living room or kitchen, with the do-over people and the home owners being overwhelmed by how beautiful it is, and I think: "That's a house that's been spiffed up to put on the market, not a place where people have actually been living."
01-07-2022, 04:09 PM   #1183
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He's literally 1/2 the size of Gurl Cat. She must weigh 20 pounds and is only somewhat fat. She's just a big girl with a coat that is thick and almost as waterproof as fleece.

Here's a pic of her in my computer rocking chair taken over 2 yrs ago with my K-70... (handheld1/25sec at f4.5 and ISO 3200--the room was quite dim-- @ 53mm using my 16-85mm, I think)
Gurl Cat, the light and tones... really lovely. I don't know if I could resist snuggling her.
01-07-2022, 04:16 PM   #1184
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Gurl Cat, the light and tones... really lovely. I don't know if I could resist snuggling her.
I made that pic my computer background the second I saw it. You are right about the nice tones--total lighting in the room was 1 60W equivalent cool white CFL. But even more, they are great tones for a windows background as well.

She's a real hunk to snuggle. Kinda like snuggling a whole ham wrapped in a lamb's wool fleece. Had a terrible accident when she was young where a car smashed her hips into about 10 pieces. The X-rays were just plain hideous.Took a year of very intensive nursing to mend her back together but she did recover albeit with a greatly reduced ability to leap to this day. Her urinary and intestinal tracts weren't damaged severely either which was an extreme worry at the time. Uses her front legs and shoulders to pull herself up more than just hopping like most cats. Hasn't hurt her mousing ability as she has weightlifter shoulders.

Last edited by jgnfld; 01-07-2022 at 04:24 PM.
01-07-2022, 06:25 PM   #1185
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I made that pic my computer background the second I saw it. You are right about the nice tones--total lighting in the room was 1 60W equivalent cool white CFL. But even more, they are great tones for a windows background as well.

She's a real hunk to snuggle. Kinda like snuggling a whole ham wrapped in a lamb's wool fleece. Had a terrible accident when she was young where a car smashed her hips into about 10 pieces. The X-rays were just plain hideous.Took a year of very intensive nursing to mend her back together but she did recover albeit with a greatly reduced ability to leap to this day. Her urinary and intestinal tracts weren't damaged severely either which was an extreme worry at the time. Uses her front legs and shoulders to pull herself up more than just hopping like most cats. Hasn't hurt her mousing ability as she has weightlifter shoulders.
Oy, so sorry to read about her travails, but thank goodness her humans were dedicated to her recovery.

Does she ever dig her claws into you to pull herself up? My (22lb) Yeats did that occasionally, and it was... rather painful