Pentax K1ii + Pentax FA* 85 @ f/1.4

What a beautiful cat!
03-10-2023, 04:40 AM   #1758
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
What a beautiful cat!
+1 on that, and fine picture of it as well.
03-10-2023, 05:37 AM - 1 Like   #1759
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Cat, Puma, Cougar, Mountain Lion, Catamount, Panther (Florida only) and probably other names unknown to me. SFAIK it has the greatest range of any wild felid. SCAN

Attached Images

03-10-2023, 07:18 AM   #1760
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
What a beautiful cat!
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
+1 on that, and fine picture of it as well.
Thank you guys. She is very pretty but has bad temper.
03-10-2023, 07:33 AM   #1761
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mbaez Quote
She does have that "I dare you to touch me" look.
03-10-2023, 08:36 AM   #1762
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry to hear that, I'd be tempted to try to make friends with her.

03-10-2023, 08:45 AM   #1763
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
She does have that "I dare you to touch me" look.
Sorry to hear that, I'd be tempted to try to make friends with her.
She's good with humans and enjoys pets, specially in her forehead. But she hates cats, go figure. Whenever she visits I have to stay vigilant because sometimes she snaps and tries to fight with my small tuxedo, conveniently avoiding my big calico.
03-10-2023, 09:03 AM   #1764
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

She's good with humans and enjoys pets, specially in her forehead. But she hates cats, go figure. Whenever she visits I have to stay vigilant because sometimes she snaps and tries to fight with my small tuxedo, conveniently avoiding my big calico.
Ah, that's encouraging...I could befriend her and distract her from the tuxedo...that might work! Cats are so funny about encounters with people and other animals. Our four (in the house) mostly get along reasonably well, but they generally do it by ignoring each other. They are NOT chummy at all, evenings we endure the "you're dead" glowering between the two who like to get on the bed with us. One of them, the youngest (most recent rescue), will sometimes saunter past one of the others as she's minding her own business, most likely sound asleep, and as she passes by, reaches out with a paw and gives the sleeping cat a few punches. Who, me?
03-10-2023, 11:33 AM   #1765
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ah, that's encouraging...I could befriend her and distract her from the tuxedo...that might work! Cats are so funny about encounters with people and other animals. Our four (in the house) mostly get along reasonably well, but they generally do it by ignoring each other. They are NOT chummy at all, evenings we endure the "you're dead" glowering between the two who like to get on the bed with us. One of them, the youngest (most recent rescue), will sometimes saunter past one of the others as she's minding her own business, most likely sound asleep, and as she passes by, reaches out with a paw and gives the sleeping cat a few punches. Who, me?
This cat-tale has probably been told before. A friend of our daughter had a cat named Ripple. She'd purr if you were near, respond sweetly in you scratched behind her ear or under her chin, then she'd roll onto her back, rubbing the side of her head against the carpet, her front paws drawn up in that cute way. Gently stroke her tummy and she's purr louder, rub her face against the carpet faster, then suddenly she'd grab your hand with both fore paws, all claws digging in has hard as possible, while kicking with her hind feet, all claws out, and bite has hard as she could. It was like touching a soft pillow that instantly turned into a bowling ball covered with fish hooks.
03-10-2023, 12:23 PM   #1766
Loyal Site Supporter

Well MY cat knocked over a glass just as I put my 14" griddle on the stove for breakfast bacon and sauteed okra. I had just pressed the on button when it happened and so got sidetracked a bit and left the induction on super hi (my stove comes on full or warm first then you adjust up or down). Just as I remembered what I'd done I turned back to the stove and tried to turn the burner down but just as I reached for the control there was a giant crraaccckkk and the griddle split almost in half.

I love my induction, but it really is very powerful! The only other cast iron I've ever cracked was putting a superhot hot pan into water without letting it cool first. And I was basically still a kid then.

Amazon says my new griddle will be here in a couple of days. I have a 10.5" I can struggle along with till then, I guess.
03-10-2023, 02:03 PM   #1767
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

then suddenly she'd grab your hand with both fore paws, all claws digging in has hard as possible, while kicking with her hind feet, all claws out, and bite has hard as she could. .
Mmm-hm, I know this gambit well. One of ours does it, too. I often have the resulting marks on one wrist or the other.
03-10-2023, 03:42 PM   #1768
Loyal Site Supporter

Lot of cats have this almost reflex. If you start young, you MAY be able to train them to leave their claws in and not bite hard. But if it's now embedded, you just have to learn to be very aware of when it gets to be too exciting for them to hold in.

One trick that sometimes works is to let your hand go completely limp and DON'T try to withdraw it. Many cats will stop if you do that (others not). Another, is to play this game when you have an edge of some sort to hide behind like the balusters on a stairwell or the back of a computer screen if they are lying in that nice warm area above the box and behind the screen (yes....this is a specific image
03-10-2023, 09:16 PM - 5 Likes   #1769
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I recently ordered some of lighting modifiers from Elinchrom, after unboxing it all I set aside a box for Sunny and Tigger to play in.

Pentax K-1 SMCP-K 50mm f/1.2

Last edited by Digitalis; 03-11-2023 at 01:37 AM.
03-11-2023, 12:42 AM - 4 Likes   #1770
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More Feral cats- Zoo Lake

From yesterday

They run from me and try to hide (usually) but i've got tricks up my sleeve