Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 175 Likes Search this Thread
08-16-2015, 05:11 PM   #436
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Let's celebrate one of our own!

Congratulations! taken with Sony NEX-6 and Pentax-M 28mm f/3.5 by Jason Doss, on Flickr

Congrats Sara! Way to go!

08-16-2015, 05:19 PM   #437
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Congratulations! taken with Sony NEX-6 and Pentax-M 28mm f/3.5 by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Nice award there Sara!
08-16-2015, 05:23 PM   #438
Veteran Member

Well done Sara, but not surprising really - I reckon you would have a good shout at some sort of recognition in any photo competition or exhibition you entered.
08-16-2015, 05:27 PM   #439
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well deserved! Congrats.

08-16-2015, 05:30 PM   #440
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sara; excellent news and very well deserved. :-)
08-16-2015, 05:33 PM   #441
Veteran Member

I took a little drive about 45 minutes to the east this morning and prowled around the small mining town of Superior, Arizona. Some of the results are posted in the picture thread along with a link to the whole album. I was pretty pleased with the Tammy superzoom overall. It's a little soft in certain circumstances but as long as I don't try to push it too much with heavy cropping the results looks reasonably good at web resolution. There were a couple of situations where it exhibited ferocious purple/blue fringing which was a little disconcerting but I don't often shoot in those kinds of conditions so it will do for the rest of the month. About the only thing I could really wish for is a lens profile for Lightroom... oh well.
08-16-2015, 05:46 PM - 1 Like   #442
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know I'm being a pest this month (and last?) popping in and commenting, but not posting - I just needed a break to just shoot - and I have a pile of 120 film I need to go shoot since I took it out of the freezer then never executed as planned.

Any how.. I share this article on FStoppers which you may have already come across... I think there is a nugget here for our Single In folks -- our oh so GAS afflicted Single In folks. It speaks to the creative process. Granted this forum, and particularly, this group has many talented and discipline photographers.

QuoteQuote:
If we want to grow creatively and develop strong, independent voices, we have to ask the right questions. Why is an image compelling? What elements dictate our gut reaction to it and why? What intangibles affect us the most?

And particularly for those "critiquey" comments - pose a question. Can you ask "Why did you choose to X versus Y?" As an expression of artistic merit? In many cases the vision of the viewer may diverge from that of the creator. The styles of shooters range from the clinical documentarian, to the most challenging of abstract, to classical landscape and portraiture. To be fair the whole exercise particularly with theme days facilitates dabbling in so many styles to help discover or reveal our own talents.

Even the lowly kit lens gets love here, and anyone who joins the group should be welcome to shoot just that one lens as many months as he or she wants so long as there is "growth in creativity".

/dismountfromsoapbox

08-16-2015, 06:45 PM   #443
Veteran Member

Congrats Sara. that's a great shot, and well recognized.

Thanks Jason for sharing this!
08-16-2015, 07:35 PM   #444
Inactive Account

Way to go Sara! Much deserved! What is the other image that won? You mentioned two?
08-16-2015, 08:02 PM   #445
Veteran Member

Way to go, Sara!! That was a winner when you posted it for SIN and it's nice to see that it has reached an even broader appeal!!

(I bet you could sell autographed copies in PF Marketplace to feed your LBA.)
08-16-2015, 08:44 PM   #446
Veteran Member

Just received the DA16-50, the focus works. (What I feared might not work) and it is fast, I mean really, and silent, even more silent than my DA18-135. The way people were talking about sluggish speed of SDM lenses, had me frightened before that I thought I have to wait for some time to get the focus. LOL. but how dare you say that!?

OK, First I need to get a front cap for it. it doesn't have one. LOL. It looks clean and clear, just lacks the cap and hood.
So far seems fine, lets see it in the field.
08-16-2015, 11:02 PM   #447
Pentaxian

Congratulations Sara. Great photo, well deserved; it had to be good to beat those irritatingly cute bear feet. Hope your prize is one year's 'all you can buy' at B&H!
08-16-2015, 11:38 PM   #448
Veteran Member

Lol @utak and those feet!

My caribou and truffle shot has just hit explore! Whoohoo! Second one ever. Looks like all my hard work last month is paying off
08-16-2015, 11:51 PM   #449
Pentaxian

Congrats Sara!

Matt, that is quite interesting stuff.

---------- Post added 08-17-15 at 09:58 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
Just received the DA16-50, the focus works. (What I feared might not work) and it is fast, I mean really, and silent, even more silent than my DA18-135. The way people were talking about sluggish speed of SDM lenses, had me frightened before that I thought I have to wait for some time to get the focus. LOL. but how dare you say that!?

OK, First I need to get a front cap for it. it doesn't have one. LOL. It looks clean and clear, just lacks the cap and hood.
So far seems fine, lets see it in the field.
DA * 16-50 is one of my most favorites, handy, nice image quality, and all. I hope you will like yours, Sure you'll need to find the cap and hood. Big front element.
08-17-2015, 12:46 AM   #450
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Single in August 2015

Fantastic photograph! Congrats, Sara

---------- Post added 17th Aug 2015 at 05:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
... should be welcome to shoot just that one lens as many months as he or she wants so long as there is "growth in creativity".

/dismountfromsoapbox

Sounds good to me with my relatively few lenses. Just have to work on growing the creativity, instead of trawling interminably for lorikeets. xP