Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 209 Likes Search this Thread
09-04-2015, 06:47 AM   #181
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Sometimes the connection is just "not quite right" for me via Flickr and images take for-ev-er to load. When that happens to me, it always looks like awful, inappropriate compression, but if I wait long enough, they crisp up... I haven't noticed anything different on my Flickr. Maybe all of your friends are just uploading crappy cell phone pics today. ;-D[COLOR="Silver"]
I don't think our fellow SIers are uploading crappy cell phone pics.

It's really bad posterising on everything I'm seeing on Flickr (and Facebook as well, but we all know Facebook has terrible compression anyway).

09-04-2015, 10:26 AM - 1 Like   #182
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clockworkrat Quote
(and Facebook as well, but we all know Facebook has terrible compression anyway).
I refuse to put my photos on FB after their last policy came out and they stated any photos loaded would become theirs. Not my photos will they get so they can use them anyway they want.
09-04-2015, 10:28 AM   #183
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I refuse to put my photos on FB after their last policy came out and they stated any photos loaded would become theirs. Not my photos will they get so they can use them anyway they want.
Same! I only ever link my photos to Facebook from Flickr
09-04-2015, 11:32 AM   #184
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's why I only upload a much lower res version of my photos to Facebook.

09-04-2015, 11:36 AM   #185
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

They still claim copyright. If you wanted to eventually sell one of your photos after loading it to FB you couldn't because of their policy.
09-04-2015, 11:41 AM   #186
Veteran Member

I use Facebook only for photos of friends, simply because the tagging works. I've long abandoned sticking good photos up.

Anyway, I've realised that the dodgy image rendering is actually Chrome, not Flickr. I've heard about this issue before, but don't know why it has come up again. This is vexing, to say the least.
09-04-2015, 11:51 AM   #187
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I use Facebook only for photos of friends, simply because the tagging works. I've long abandoned sticking good photos up.

Anyway, I've realised that the dodgy image rendering is actually Chrome, not Flickr. I've heard about this issue before, but don't know why it has come up again. This is vexing, to say the least.
Wow that may explain my chromebook flickr annoyances.
Do you have any references?

09-04-2015, 12:18 PM   #188
Veteran Member

Sorry; I don't think I was using the internet at the time so it wasn't an issue. Do all photos look like crap on your chromebook?
09-04-2015, 01:40 PM   #189
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry; I don't think I was using the internet at the time so it wasn't an issue. Do all photos look like crap on your chromebook?
No but Flickr will just stop working for me. It will sometimes give me terrible looking photos and at the same time not display the comments section in a way that permits me to log comments. Sometimes I reboot the machine and it works, other times that has no impact.
09-04-2015, 03:07 PM - 1 Like   #190
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The fisheye came just a few minutes ago. When I saw it on KEH they didn't have an image and I assumed at the price it was manual without the A but it isn't. It has the A contacts. I don't care that it's manual focus, I can handle that but I'm glad it's an A lens. Makes things so much easier. And the dang thing looks brand new. I'll take some photos of it tomorrow for show and tell.

Last edited by photolady95; 09-04-2015 at 03:51 PM.
09-04-2015, 03:36 PM   #191
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

The fisheye came just a few minutes ago. When I saw it on KEH they didn't have an image and I assumed at the price it was manual with the A but it isn't. It has the A contacts. I don't care that it's manual focus, I can handle that but I'm glad it's an A lens. Makes things so much easier. And the dang thing looks brand new. I'll take some photos of it tomorrow for show and tell.

winner!
09-04-2015, 03:37 PM   #192
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The fisheye came just a few minutes ago. When I saw it on KEH they didn't have an image and I assumed at the price it was manual with the A but it isn't. It has the A contacts. I don't care that it's manual focus, I can handle that but I'm glad it's an A lens. Makes things so much easier. And the dang thing looks brand new. I'll take some photos of it tomorrow for show and tell.
Congrats! Looking forward to your images.
09-04-2015, 03:53 PM   #193
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Did you two notice I had an oops in that paragraph. I mean to say without the A, but I first said with an A. I changed the word to say "without"
09-04-2015, 04:06 PM   #194
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

honestly, I did not notice.... I just thought it was cool the new lense arrived and you were happy about it....
09-04-2015, 06:01 PM - 1 Like   #195
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Yep, I'm happy with it, and it's on the K-30 right now, took about two minutes of happy dance, then coupled it to the camera. Wish it had come earlier in the day, I'd have hand bunches of photos for you all. I can hardly wait til morning.