Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 148 Likes Search this Thread
09-26-2015, 04:59 PM - 1 Like   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll be in with the earlier version of the DA 15.

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
I have 3 lenses that I haven't yet singled; ..... a Opteka 500mm mirror lens and ..... The mirror lens I won't even attempt for an entire month. At some point I might try a week with it as a side venture.
That's wussing it . I'll join you in November for the full month with 500mm mirror.

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
I'm back. NaCl(looking forward to this, been away too long)H2O
It's about time Salty!

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
I think I have October figured out. On the Q7 I'll be shooting with the Macro-Takumar 50mm f4 lens with a M42 to Q mount adapter. Might prove quite interesting.
I look forward to this Tim; you sure do push yourself in SIC.

09-26-2015, 05:44 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
OK, here's the pitch for my cunning plan.

I have a bunch of lenses, all of which have had the Single In treatment at some stage over the last three years or so. There is a K-mount DSLR with a 36x24 sensor on the horizon (or so I read somewhere ). I have read plenty about FF compatibility of DA lenses, and seen some images, but I want personal verification. I tried it with my LX, but there is no way of controlling the aperture on the new lenses. Now I have a PZ-1, which should allow me use the DA's properly.

I have in the past taken on some slightly more ambitious SI projects, including two and even three way comparisons - not strictly within the parameters of the challenge, but the powers that be didn't complain.

So, how about EVERYTHING IN OCTOBER? One lens each day on both APS-C and film, starting with my 10-17 and working through to the 300, then repeating. I should get through them all twice. The digital images will go up on the day, but the corresponding film images will obviously have to wait for due process(ing). It may even add some suspense

If I recall correctly, Tim (blackcloudbrew) did something like this a while back, but sensibly restricted himself to digital. If the overwhelming opinion is that this proposal is an egregious departure from the path of righteousness I will repent; otherwise the gloves are off!

Now, to find a 2CR5 battery and some film. Would the regular film shooters recommend colour negatives or reversal? My recollection is that negatives preserve highlight detail better, while slides prefer to be slightly underexposed.
The only thing you will find processing for these days is C-41. I'm only aware of Colour Negs by that process (and if there is an other option please educate me). As far as process goes, it depends on your lab really. Looking forward to your results. As I understand, basically 35mm Ltd and longer is ok on 135 format.
09-26-2015, 06:07 PM - 1 Like   #33
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
As I understand, basically 35mm Ltd and longer is ok on 135 format.
Even with my single shot test a few months ago, the DA 35mm macro limited is definitely *not* FF compatible; it produces solid vignetting in all corners at distant focus. It might be OK close up, but that is the sort of thing I will be looking at.
09-26-2015, 06:24 PM - 1 Like   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
That's wussing it . I'll join you in November for the full month with 500mm mirror.

OK, I'll take you up on that. I'll turn 69 in November, might as well do something different to mark the occasion.

*edit* It occurs to me that November is mid to late autumn in the Northern Hemisphere while it is mid to late spring "down under." It will be interesting to compare the differences in light and weather. Our climate is similar in many ways to the interior of Australia but probably quite different than N.S. W.

Last edited by dakight; 09-26-2015 at 06:36 PM.
09-26-2015, 06:33 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
OK, I'll take you up on that. I'll turn 69 in November, might as well do something different to mark the occasion.
You're on!
09-26-2015, 07:10 PM - 1 Like   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You're on!
Just for fun I stepped outside for a quick test.

09-26-2015, 08:25 PM - 1 Like   #37
Veteran Member

I'll be in!
and I have to choose a TEMPORARY lens until my DA16-50 back from Japan. Still thinking about that temporary thing.

Go for it Sandy.

09-26-2015, 09:08 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Sandy -- That sounds incredibly helpful and while outside the rules, certainly within the spirit -- provide valuable lens information to the members. Go for it you renegade!!

And here's to hoping I'll see no cropped (or uncropped) images of your bum! You notice I have not been back in the swing of things at SIC since that image was posted. I'm just now finding the courage to come back. :-/
09-26-2015, 09:35 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ripper2860 Quote
Sandy -- That sounds incredibly helpful and while outside the rules, certainly within the spirit -- provide valuable lens information to the members. Go for it you renegade!!
OK then. It's a happening thing.
QuoteQuote:
And here's to hoping I'll see no cropped (or uncropped) images of your bum! You notice I have not been back in the swing of things at SIC since that image was posted. I'm just now finding the courage to come back. :-/
I'm sorry that it scarred you so badly. I was actually quite proud of it
Be reassured that my threat of daily selfies was in jest.
09-26-2015, 09:54 PM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

E6 should be possible to develop. I mainly shot slides and yes underexposed is better. Print film has more latitude but also less control. You could also go black and white.

I like the idea. I might dig around for a battery myself. My pz-1 is a shelf queen.

---------- Post added 09-27-15 at 12:55 AM ----------

[COLOR=Blue]I'll be in with the earlier version of the DA 15.
Me too. SMC DA 15.
09-27-2015, 02:23 AM - 1 Like   #41

Photos: Gallery
Four DA15 so far :-)
Mine is the old SMC version too .
I am also joining in on the 500 in November with my Tamron SP55BB mirror lens
09-27-2015, 02:23 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
E6 should be possible to develop
Where?

I have to send film to Montreal - I am aware of no E6 developing in Toronto at all (a metro of 6 million). I've been investigating because I have a bag of Ferrania coming to me (sometime...)
09-27-2015, 03:30 AM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hypernotactive Quote
....... I am also joining in on the 500 in November with my Tamron SP55BB mirror lens
OMG what have we started?
09-27-2015, 04:16 AM   #44
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Love the theme for the 31st!! :-D
Happy to please 8)

---------- Post added 27th Sep 2015 at 09:19 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
OK, here's the pitch for my cunning plan.

I have a bunch of lenses, all of which have had the Single In treatment at some stage over the last three years or so. There is a K-mount DSLR with a 36x24 sensor on the horizon (or so I read somewhere ). I have read plenty about FF compatibility of DA lenses, and seen some images, but I want personal verification. I tried it with my LX, but there is no way of controlling the aperture on the new lenses. Now I have a PZ-1, which should allow me use the DA's properly.

I have in the past taken on some slightly more ambitious SI projects, including two and even three way comparisons - not strictly within the parameters of the challenge, but the powers that be didn't complain.

So, how about EVERYTHING IN OCTOBER? One lens each day on both APS-C and film, starting with my 10-17 and working through to the 300, then repeating. I should get through them all twice. The digital images will go up on the day, but the corresponding film images will obviously have to wait for due process(ing). It may even add some suspense

If I recall correctly, Tim (blackcloudbrew) did something like this a while back, but sensibly restricted himself to digital. If the overwhelming opinion is that this proposal is an egregious departure from the path of righteousness I will repent; otherwise the gloves are off!

Now, to find a 2CR5 battery and some film. Would the regular film shooters recommend colour negatives or reversal? My recollection is that negatives preserve highlight detail better, while slides prefer to be slightly underexposed.
Maaaate - I doff my hat to you. I say go for it. I hope the rest of your life survives the month
09-27-2015, 06:45 AM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
OK - I'm in. Batteries charged and cameras ready. I assume so long as the lens stays the same I can switch around the cameras all I want? (Of course, who's going to say I can't, I guess, right?)

Accepting the suggestion made by one of the Group Members in September, the new-to-me Hollywood.* No humble 50 here.

* K28/2 And wow am I surprised I actually have one.
Always wanted one of those. Looking forward to seeing your shots.

NaCl(LBA never really disappears)H2O