Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 148 Likes Search this Thread
09-28-2015, 08:57 PM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I fear I'll be limited to learning strobist during the winter if I really commit to Single-In.
That's how limitation makes you more creative.

---------- Post added 09-29-15 at 11:57 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
This is based off of the last version that was posted in the Sept. thread, which means it's probably slightly out of date for that month: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16lQbDOdHTkbzcCSdTh21TAB8hM2p6FtSr6gO...it?usp=sharing
Having it online in Google doc seems good to me.

09-28-2015, 09:04 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Wow -- 5 folks shooting DA-15mm Limiteds in October. Should be very interesting.

BTW -- I'm out with the 500mm Mirror in November. Sunset in North Texas is about 5:30pm in Nov., and since I don't get home til close to 6:30pm, it just will not be something I can really do. It'll be hard enough to shoot anything, but a F/8 500mm mirror is certainly out of the question!

Last edited by ripper2860; 09-28-2015 at 09:27 PM.
09-28-2015, 09:29 PM - 3 Likes   #93
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For the second half of October I'm going on a 5,000km walkabout with a mate, just the old Hylux, Swags and three Pentaxes (mate has a K5II as well).... will shoot a shot each day with my HD DA15 as well as the 150-450. Maybe post when we can.
09-28-2015, 09:42 PM   #94
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
For the second half of October I'm going on a 5,000km walkabout with a mate, just the old Hylux, Swags and three Pentaxes (mate has a K5II as well).... will shoot a shot each day with my HD DA15 as well as the 150-450. Maybe post when we can.
awesome.

09-29-2015, 12:25 AM   #95
Veteran Member

I'll join up for october.
I'll be using my Pentax-FA 35-80mm F4-5.6 lens. This lens is well over do for a good test run.
09-29-2015, 07:21 AM - 2 Likes   #96
Veteran Member

Hey everyone! It's been a while. Really haven't shot much at all since last October. I do miss it and a Single In challenge just might be the ticket to getting back into the swing of things. I've had this Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 M42 lens for a while (I think it was one of, if not THE, first lenses I purchased outside of my original K-r kit. I never really took to the focal length. I'm not sure why. It's a fine lens and I think I can push myself to learn the length and have some fun. So, I think I'm in with it for October.

I really look forward to seeing everyone's images!
09-29-2015, 07:26 AM   #97
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HockeyDad Quote
Hey everyone! It's been a while. Really haven't shot much at all since last October. I do miss it and a Single In challenge just might be the ticket to getting back into the swing of things. I've had this Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 M42 lens for a while (I think it was one of, if not THE, first lenses I purchased outside of my original K-r kit. I never really took to the focal length. I'm not sure why. It's a fine lens and I think I can push myself to learn the length and have some fun. So, I think I'm in with it for October.

Well if you do, welcome back. 135mm isn't the easiest length to single but...well...it is a challenge. Go for it!

09-29-2015, 09:00 AM   #98
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I am committed to the Mini-Wide II in October, but November could prove to be interesting with the DA 10-17mm:

09-29-2015, 02:21 PM   #99
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I am committed to the Mini-Wide II in October, but November could prove to be interesting with the DA 10-17mm:

Ooh that's nice!

Related: how do you find lightzone in terms of the file output matching what you see when editing? I was consistently finding the exported results to be flat and dull compared to what I saw within the app. (It was the major reason I jumped to Darktable, actually.)
09-29-2015, 02:37 PM   #100
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Ooh that's nice!

Related: how do you find lightzone in terms of the file output matching what you see when editing? I was consistently finding the exported results to be flat and dull compared to what I saw within the app. (It was the major reason I jumped to Darktable, actually.)
thank you...

so far, I have found the app's output to be dead-on; even printed photos match what I see on the screen with LightZone....

Last edited by pepperberry farm; 09-29-2015 at 02:38 PM. Reason: forgot to thank Tsuken
09-29-2015, 10:03 PM - 1 Like   #101

Photos: Albums
in for October...

So I'm going to give a go for my third month of SI.
I like the idea of 28mm so I'll give my vivitar 28mm f2.8 a go.. and as discussed in the SI september thread I'm going to try also working my DA*16-50 restricting it to only 28mm fov...
be interesting to see if the prime can hold its own against a star zoom...
09-30-2015, 12:36 AM - 1 Like   #102
Veteran Member

For several days I was thinking that I needed(?) a faster normal lens. (I mean FA31 or Sigma 30/1.4)
But any time I think about it, I find myself thinking the moment I have that extra lens. and I'm going out... So, should I take the FA31? or DA35ltd? oh my! that's hard. screw it, I don't need an extra lens in that FL.

BTW, Recently the LBA goddess was convincing me that there are times for each lens. pointing me to the times a faster, non-macro lens would be better.
but now after reading this article, about GAS. just decided to go with DA35ltd in October. and try it at those times which LBA goddess mentioned above. to find more about it. and get more strong fighting her.

PS: I know there are people here, who can help LBA in this fight.
Please DON'T do it.
09-30-2015, 01:32 AM   #103
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
For several days I was thinking that I needed(?) a faster normal lens. (I mean FA31 or Sigma 30/1.4)
But any time I think about it, I find myself thinking the moment I have that extra lens. and I'm going out... So, should I take the FA31? or DA35ltd? oh my! that's hard. screw it, I don't need an extra lens in that FL.

BTW, Recently the LBA goddess was convincing me that there are times for each lens. pointing me to the times a faster, non-macro lens would be better.
but now after reading this article, about GAS. just decided to go with DA35ltd in October. and try it at those times which LBA goddess mentioned above. to find more about it. and get more strong fighting her.

Please DON'T do it.
Good for you! Looking forward to your shots.
09-30-2015, 03:29 AM   #104
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Single in October 2015

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
thank you...

so far, I have found the app's output to be dead-on; even printed photos match what I see on the screen with LightZone....

Huh- maybe I should have another crack with it
09-30-2015, 05:24 AM   #105
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HockeyDad Quote

My very first Single in (March 2014) was with the SMC Pentax-M 135/3.5 and it was radical! It's a nice focal length for shooting from the car, too, if the weather gets gross and you just want to drive around for a shot and not have to get out. :-)

---------- Post added 09-30-15 at 07:25 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
Please DON'T do it.
Ha!! You're in it deep, man!