Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2015, 06:42 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Winner, PP Challenge # 162 - Old Barn

This is going to be difficult to choose, because you all did a good job, but here we go,

Neatnight: Interesting fix, looks like maybe some tinting? Nice job of turning gray skies blue. In the second attempt, you gave it a nice creepy feel.

Glenn5995: I like the way you straightened the perspective and brought out the top of the silo, very natural looking.

D1N0: Nice perspective change and the brightening, makes it look like the sun is breaking through. nice new feel to the photo.

LeDave: Looks like you really boosted the contrast and maybe lowered the exposure. Looks much better.

unkipunki: Excellent "simple" corrections, I think the "bit of colour" corrections make a big difference.

mtkams: Now that's a cool conversion, looks like something out of a horror movie, complete with a glowing roof on the silo.

astonm: Now this is fun, you turned this into art, I like the squarish crop and the moon, but I think the sky is my favorite addition, lot's of fun.

calsan: Very nice job of making this into a realistic looking photo

Pentor: That's definitely dark and moody, I can definitely feel a distant car coming down the road and starting to illuminate the barn.

todd: I always expect good photos from you, and you don't disappoint in the PP either. I like the perspective correction allowing the tight crop, but the color treatment looks really nice here.

martialc: You did some of the same fixes as others, but you color warming gives it a unique look, very nice.

Rimfiredude: I'm not usually a fan of tilted photos but I like what you did here with the crop and putting more focus on the vegitation. My eyes are drawn to the silo in this view, and I like the details in it.

AggieDad: You get the prize for humor! well played

donpjt: well done on moving the season along! It is really a nice job with the other changes you made too. The second is good too, though a little less changed.

Glenn5995: IO guess this is selective color and I like it, really nice conversions on the leaves.

AggieDad: You again? Once again, your comment about your yard gets a humor award. I've got to say I really like the first old photo look, and for that matter the second too.

dcshooter: This is just an excellent conversion, kind what I pictured when taking the photo, but the "plate style" rendition is even better, it reminds me of some old family barn photos that I have from my grandparents farms.

Rimfiredude: Now that's creative too, and under that snow you did a nice job.

Thanks to everybody for participating in this challenge. After I posted this photo I thought maybe I should have put a photo in with more elements, more space, but you all did a very good job with a tough photo. They force me to choose here and it's hard because these all have merit and all improved upon the original

I am only choosing the winner, it would be even harder to pick a second, so many are close and they are all so good, so an honorable mention to all.
The winner is dcshooter with this one:

10-21-2015, 09:16 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Good choice!
10-23-2015, 07:33 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congratulations dcshooter! Yours would have been my choice as well.

Looking forward to the next challenge.
10-26-2015, 04:33 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Congrats DCshooter!

10-26-2015, 09:04 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Way to go Brian!
10-26-2015, 11:45 AM   #6
Forum Member