Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 124 Likes Search this Thread
11-22-2015, 03:05 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Aaaargh! I thought I had dodged the LBA bullet, but the ricochet got me; FA135 is on the way. I think it's the only lens I have bought this year, so I guess I'm doing OK.

But now I'm looking for a FA20. I blame Todd
Maybe I'll be able to wait until he has fanned the flames for a month....

11-22-2015, 03:18 PM   #17
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Aaaargh! I thought I had dodged the LBA bullet, but the ricochet got me; FA135 is on the way. I think it's the only lens I have bought this year, so I guess I'm doing OK.

But now I'm looking for a FA20. I blame Todd
Maybe I'll be able to wait until he has fanned the flames for a month....

and a fourth 135?
11-22-2015, 03:46 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
All the best for your son Rod.

I'm going to explore my world through my DA 10-17 in December. This will include some far off places.... going Xmas and New Year partying from Hong Kong to Singapore.

Last edited by noelpolar; 11-22-2015 at 04:09 PM.
11-22-2015, 10:29 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Big mama jama challenge: One year of the Plastic Fantastic?? :-D

HaHAA! Don't tempt me xP

11-23-2015, 04:34 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
I'll put my hand up for December with the intention of using my kit lens - the DAL 18-55. But foreshadowed and prolonged medical treatment for my son could necessitate absences, depending what support he and his family need.
Do what you need to do. Life comes first. What we do here is a relief to it sometimes.

---------- Post added 11-23-15 at 06:35 AM ----------

Big mama jama challenge: One year of the Plastic Fantastic??
Hmmm.. That sounds like the gauntlet is thrown. Might just join in. But I have to try out my new to me lenses first. So for December it will be the 10-17 Fisheye for obnoxious fisheye photos of the tree and lawn Santas. and then for January I'm probably going with the FA 43.
11-23-2015, 04:55 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Big mama jama challenge: One year of the Plastic Fantastic?? :-D

---------- Post added 11-22-15 at 11:46 AM ----------

I'm planning on buckling down for a real deal Project 365 for 2016, so I'm going to spend December getting myself psychologically prepared for that...
Project 365? Hmmm sounds most interesting.

---------- Post added 11-23-15 at 05:17 AM ----------

December will be my 12th Single In. I just went back and looked at my album for the first one in January of this. I can see that I have learned a lot and I'm convinced that the Single In experience is responsible for a large part of it. I have to say thanks to every one who has contributed constructive comments and been so patient with my fumbling around.
11-23-2015, 11:02 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
I can see that I have learned a lot and I'm convinced that the Single In experience is responsible for a large part of it. I have to say thanks to every one who has contributed constructive comments and been so patient with my fumbling around.
Yay! I think it's all that you said and also just the impetus for daily shooting (aka practice) that are the right ingredients for progress.

Figured a few puppy outtakes would be acceptable... (A trip to Puppy Palace was punishment from my wife for giving in to LBA... I had been denying her a puppy acquisition for a very long time and this was part of the terms of my surrender... I didn't even get a say in what type of puppy... I really liked the beagle on the left but she went for another breed, of which I'm sure you'll be meeting in another post coming soon..)

Last edited by todd; 11-23-2015 at 11:09 AM.
11-23-2015, 11:09 AM   #23
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

how could you not take all of them home?
11-23-2015, 12:20 PM - 2 Likes   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
how could you not take all of them home?
At their going rates, we'd have to steal them... We (wife) tried the shelter a few times before purchasing a puppy, but just couldn't find a match...

Here's the lucky winner (payment plan not shown)... Her name is Mabel. Born in July... She is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. (Taken with my SIC lens this morning so now I have to make another shot for the day at some point haha...)

At least my wife was considerate in her choice... I work from home a lot (on the phone) so she researched and found a breed that doesn't bark much (our big dog Charlie does enough of that already...)... Since we brought Mabel home yesterday she literally has not barked once. It doesn't seem like she ever will...
11-23-2015, 12:39 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Cavaliers are amazing! Great choice!
11-23-2015, 12:46 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cavaliers are amazing! Great choice!
Thanks she is super sweet and mellow and cuddly. The brother was much feistier etc but sweet/gentle/mellow is what wife was after...
11-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Question for the Australian peeps, really: anyone know if C.R. Kennedy will be doing a big sale around the US Black Friday, as they did last year? I didn't find out about it till after the fact last year - and my wife had already bought my da50-200 by that time. She's holding off so far this year, but it'd be good to know if and when.

If anyone does...
11-23-2015, 01:49 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Question for the Australian peeps, really: anyone know if C.R. Kennedy will be doing a big sale around the US Black Friday, as they did last year? I didn't find out about it till after the fact last year - and my wife had already bought my da50-200 by that time. She's holding off so far this year, but it'd be good to know if and when.

If anyone does...
Haven't heard anything. And despite being on their mailing list didn't know about it last year until RobGeraghty made a post. I'm just keeping a daily eye on their website.
11-23-2015, 03:55 PM - 1 Like   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
time flies, eh?

pretty sure it'll be new DA 18-135 for me..mainly to make life a little easier for me......
I singled that in September of this year. I already loved the lens but doing a month with it solidified it. The one caveat is that given the time of year you will want to have a flash and work using fill flash and bounce etc to keep the ISO lower and the aperture a bit more closed than wide open.
11-23-2015, 04:06 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote

If anyone does...
Do you follow Pentax Australia on Facebook? It might be worth getting onto that.