Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2015, 11:52 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Whats the procedure for participating in SIC with a film camera? Since I've been running about town armed with both digital and film units lately. I'd like to run the DIC with digital and the SIC with film. It works out great since I typically shoot a whole roll with one lens anyway.

I'm about to order a hundred feet worth of either Kentmere 400 or HP5+ (suggestions welcome here, too)hoping it'll arrive in time.

Lens still tbd!

12-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Whats the procedure for participating in SIC with a film camera? Since I've been running about town armed with both digital and film units lately. I'd like to run the DIC with digital and the SIC with film. It works out great since I typically shoot a whole roll with one lens anyway.

I'm about to order a hundred feet worth of either Kentmere 400 or HP5+ (suggestions welcome here, too)hoping it'll arrive in time.

Lens still tbd!
I hate to say it, but don't really think film is a fit for the daily challenges... At least not if you're wanting comments/feedback. It's of course fine for personal goal/accomplishment though... I could be wrong, but from my finite perspective it seems best to stay current to the day with the challenge if you're wanting visits/comments. Even for those who post a few days behind the current day, it seems their posts get very little attention from the majority of challenge participants (including myself, try as I may to visit back through all the prior days when I fall behind...). This is only going to be more so the case when you're bulk posting weeks behind with your scanned film shots.

I wonder if anybody has tried or suggested to post daily film shots in the next month... Take your daily shots in January for example, then post your January 1st shot on Feb 1st, and so on.... That would be an alternative way to keep current with the flow of the challenge, if deemed acceptable... Or maybe a modified version of this, based on however long it takes you to get through your roll and see it through to digitized.. Maybe you post your January 1st shot on January 15th, but put the actual date it was shot in the description, and so on...

Last edited by todd; 12-29-2015 at 01:29 PM.
12-29-2015, 02:57 PM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I'm out for January. Car problems to get fixed and I really don't have the energy for going out.
That's too bad. Sorry to hear you have had troubles.

---------- Post added 12-29-15 at 04:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
For years I was content with my copy of this lens as my 135mm lens. From my views around the image lot, It can perform well, and well enough compared to the other 135's I'd seen that I'd considered myself set at 135. Then Sandy just had to come along sporting that FA135. I'd be all over that if the stars aligned...
I feel he should have to at least pay postage for all of our fa 135 purchases he inspires - right?
12-30-2015, 01:59 PM - 2 Likes   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think I will join.

I feel like I have to introduce myself again, because it has been almost a year since I participated in a single in.
I did not shoot much last year, so I hope the single will bring new pleasure

12-30-2015, 02:31 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Please, don't expect too much! Just want to shoot again, after some months of nothing.... And then: I will have some surgery on my left shoulder next month - I hope - and I am not sure how that will influence my photography capabilities.....
12-31-2015, 05:27 AM - 3 Likes   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm going to try. It'll probably be a K-series lens (I have a few still!), or maybe 2016 IS the year of the DA15 Limited....
It's very hot in little old Adelaide, with no relief in sight... but I need a challenge again!
12-31-2015, 06:34 AM - 1 Like   #52
Veteran Member

Man, I have been soooo lazy for December! Kind of intimidated by all the picturing I'm planning on doing in January. :-o

I think I'll use my new little Kalimar 35-70/2.8 for Single in January, and probably use my Theta S extensively for the Project 366 for 2016... Plus @jcdoss has talked me into this Project 52, which is going to have weekly themes... After being so chill for December, maybe 3 separate photo project goals for January is a bit of a tall order, but I'm gonna try to make it! I'll probably end up prioritizing the Project 366 above the others...

Either way, I need to get back to shooting every day. All my gear is getting dusty. :-)

12-31-2015, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #53
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

that Project 52 looks interesting..... I also noticed this weekly project: 52 Week Photography Challenge ~ Dogwood Photography

hmm....
12-31-2015, 08:06 AM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
that Project 52 looks interesting..... I also noticed this weekly project: 52 Week Photography Challenge ~ Dogwood Photography

hmm....
This looks interesting to me as well.
12-31-2015, 09:39 AM   #55

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
I'll join in this month. 43 will be lens of choice.
We can compare the FA43 on Digital APS-C to the P-L43 on 35mm film.

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Whats the procedure for participating in SIC with a film camera?
I think I tried using film and staying up to date, but it just got far to much for me to handle. So with that all the photos I'll be sharing are from the summer, which won't look that out of place since it's summer right now for all our Australian buddies and anyone else South.
#believeinfilm #enjoytheprocess
12-31-2015, 09:42 AM   #56
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by StudentBoots:
I think I tried using film and staying up to date, but it just got far to much for me to handle. So with that all the photos I'll be sharing are from the summer, which won't look that out of place since it's summer right now for all our Australian buddies and anyone else South.
#believeinfilm #enjoytheprocess

so you'll be sharing pictures from this past summer?
12-31-2015, 09:47 AM   #57

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
so you'll be sharing pictures from this past summer?
Yes I will be. My second roll in June was when I got the 43 and has been on my Bessa ever since - it's also the only rangefinder lens I have at the moment, sold off the Nokton 40.
12-31-2015, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by StudentBoots Quote
Yes I will be. My second roll in June was when I got the 43 and has been on my Bessa ever since - it's also the only rangefinder lens I have at the moment, sold off the Nokton 40.
... Wait. So am I a crazy person or does that not really sound like "Single In"?

I don't mean no sass! and I will readily admit confusion.
12-31-2015, 10:47 AM   #59

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
... Wait. So am I a crazy person or does that not really sound like "Single In"?

I don't mean no sass! and I will readily admit confusion.
I will not be using it from the 1st to the 30th, nor have I used it from the 1st to the last day of a month, but I did use it consecutively for a month's worth of days. Those are the photos I will use for this SIC, but they won't be in chronological order.
12-31-2015, 11:11 AM - 2 Likes   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

HELP! Suffering a bout of LBA, with all the evidence available, like scouring websites for lenses, both locally and abroad such as ebay. Resistance crumbled and I bought a Bower 8mm Fisheye lens yesterday which I found for a really good price on one website, at less than half the price for the same thing with another brand name elsewhere. Collected yesterday as well. Quite a few have this lens or its equivalent, including severalsnakes and Ramseybuckeye. I'm gonna have some fun, though I am in trepidation about the selfie day-heck, I do not need more than the natural distortions presently there. My ears . It will be the lens for the month-may as well jump in on the deep end! Some samples that have me already falling in love-not a good start to the year!

My little church entrance

And the inside

HELP!