Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 186 Likes Search this Thread
01-02-2016, 02:52 PM - 2 Likes   #106
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Rense, now that you've succeeded with January 1st's photo, see if you can't get consecutive explores for the remainder of 2016! If you succeed, I'll buy you a beer!

PS: Don't forget it's a leap year.

My main objective photography wise is to have fun, to envision something and then finding a way to get it in a photo. It's nice when people like my photos, but even when they don't, I like to make them the way I make them. The photos, that is, not the people.

01-02-2016, 03:30 PM   #107
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Guys, have you noticed that I seem a little more famous today? I mean, just now, within the last hour? ;-)

I just got home from a visit to Clover Dell Park, a site that I visit pretty much every month for these SICs, but THIS time I was approached by a well-known writer/photographer for the local newspaper, Faith Bemiss. She asked if she could follow me around and take some pictures for a feature in the paper, and I was able to tell her all about the wonderful Pentax Forums and "Single in" challenges, etc etc... I don't know if or when the feature will actually run, but should some pictures of me kneeling in the swampy ground around Clover Dell Lake get published online, I'll be sure to share the link.

Get ready for a huge influx of Pentax Forums members from the Sedalia area!

W00t

That's cool. What was her angle? I take it from you saying you took the opportunity to tell her about PF/SiC that that wasn't it; are you just a Sedalia legend anyway?
01-02-2016, 03:57 PM   #108
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I'd be willing but I'd like feedback from the group.
I'd really like that. It would afford one the opportunity to fit the lens to the shot opportunity. SIC is great to learn the in's and out's of a lens, but an unconstrained daily challenge would allow one the freedom to try several lenses. Count me in.

I'm thinking of jumping in to the SIC for January with the Asahi Auto-Takumar 55/2, but the cold dreary weather just has me unmotivated at this point in time and it's back to work on Monday with the dawn and dusk lengthy and draining commutes... I hate committing and not following through, though.

Last edited by ripper2860; 01-02-2016 at 04:05 PM.
01-02-2016, 04:28 PM - 3 Likes   #109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
W00t

That's cool. What was her angle? I take it from you saying you took the opportunity to tell her about PF/SiC that that wasn't it; are you just a Sedalia legend anyway?
Oh yeah. She was totally starstruck when I told her my name. Not really sure if there was an "angle", per se... Just out in the community seeing what folks are doing?

She gave me her card and so I emailed her links to this thread and the photo I chose from my excursion at Clover Dell Lake this morning. She said the feature will run on the front page of Monday's paper! Go me! I'll share the link to the digital content as soon as I have access to it.

01-02-2016, 04:33 PM   #110
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh yeah. She was totally starstruck when I told her my name. Not really sure if there was an "angle", per se... Just out in the community seeing what folks are doing?

She gave me her card and so I emailed her links to this thread and the photo I chose from my excursion at Clover Dell Lake this morning. She said the feature will run on the front page of Monday's paper! Go me! I'll share the link to the digital content as soon as I have access to it.
01-02-2016, 05:24 PM - 4 Likes   #111
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

She said the feature will run on the front page of Monday's paper!
and her fame spread as far east as Rolla, and as far west as Warrensburg, her name was plastered on billboards along I-70 near the town of Marshall Junction, and the entertainment empire of Branson looked north for a new attraction. Congratulations!
01-02-2016, 06:26 PM - 1 Like   #112
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well, I haven't been approached by a famous reporter, but my copper ore image got explored. I believe I've had at least one every month since April or May.

01-02-2016, 07:13 PM - 1 Like   #113
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Did I get explored for my Pentax photo? 600+ views.
01-02-2016, 07:15 PM   #114
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I believe you may have - congrats!
01-02-2016, 07:17 PM - 2 Likes   #115
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I believe you may have - congrats!
710 and climbing. This is wild. My first.
01-02-2016, 07:20 PM   #116
Veteran Member

710 and climbing. This is wild. My first.
It's fun when it happens.
01-02-2016, 07:40 PM   #117
Pentaxian

Original Poster

Coolness!
01-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #118
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
It's fun when it happens.
Yeah, even if it is an algorithm, it IS a rush. Congratulations!
01-02-2016, 08:18 PM   #119
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Yeah, even if it is an algorithm, it IS a rush. Congratulations!
I am a brand ambassador at this point. Lol.

---------- Post added 01-02-16 at 10:19 PM ----------

Ok small issue. I want to give some old film era stuff to someone in Canada. But shipping is expensive from usps. What are the options?
01-02-2016, 08:37 PM   #120
Veteran Member

I am a brand ambassador at this point. Lol.

---------- Post added 01-02-16 at 10:19 PM ----------

Ok small issue. I want to give some old film era stuff to someone in Canada. But shipping is expensive from usps. What are the options?

Check with UPS and FedEx but be aware that when it arrives they person will have to deal with Canadian Customs and will likely have to pay sort of fee or tax.