Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 186 Likes Search this Thread
01-13-2016, 01:42 PM   #256
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Apparently I can't read thread titles. I posted my Cat and my Spotlight into the same thread. The cat was supposed to be in the 11th thread the spotlight in the 12th. Sorry. I have corrected it. I blame it on the sun. Dang Date line - if the world was flat we wouldn't have this problem... we also wouldn't have gravity, an atmosphere, etc.
:0

01-13-2016, 03:12 PM   #257
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have not posted photos for the yesterday and today. Too busy, too tired. I made them, but posting .....
01-13-2016, 03:35 PM   #258
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
I have not posted photos for the yesterday and today. Too busy, too tired. I made them, but posting .....
All in good time Rense!
01-13-2016, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #259
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I got a few good ones today, below is one extra from today's SIC

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by robgski; 01-13-2016 at 07:30 PM.
01-13-2016, 07:39 PM   #260
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
OT but I think I shall be going into lens pouch manufacturing. Leather, 5mm foam padding and microfibre lining. Something like an improved version of the Limited's pouches. Been looking for a set of bags / pouches for some of my older lens on Amazon and the Bay but can't find anything that meets my criteria. I have this idea that being a Pentax prime shooter is a bit of a lifestyle choice, you are apart from the overly decal'd herd, you feel a bit sorry for the other photographer with the neon strap and 3kg zoom, you have a camera, a bag and a bunch of primes that you know intimately. You prefer tactile over bulk, precision comes from practise and not an algorithm, you can see in focal lengths , a lens chart result is but 10% of how you rate a lens, a lens with higher peaks and lower lows will interest you more than MTF50 brilliance. I wonder would there be a market?
mmm...good idea.....I'm thinking of adding/making some (4 or 5) soft Kangaroo Leather pouches to, say a leather belt. Maybe.... the pouches are joined with individually opening flaps..... the back has a loop so the belt can be threaded through it.

Last edited by noelpolar; 01-13-2016 at 07:45 PM.
01-13-2016, 10:25 PM - 1 Like   #261
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm a day behind posting. Shots made but not processed
01-13-2016, 10:32 PM   #262
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I'm a day behind posting. Shots made but not processed
Ditto.

01-14-2016, 06:24 AM - 2 Likes   #263
Veteran Member

Did I love Alan Rickman because he was in all my favorite movies? Or did I love movies simply because they had Alan Rickman in them? I guess it never really mattered. This definitely hurts me more than Bowie. :-( R.I.P. Also aged 69, also cancer.
01-14-2016, 06:33 AM - 1 Like   #264
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Did I love Alan Rickman because he was in all my favorite movies? Or did I love movies simply because they had Alan Rickman in them? I guess it never really mattered. This definitely hurts me more than Bowie. :-( R.I.P. Also aged 69, also cancer.

he had such range! from classical theatre acting all the way to Dogma, he will be missed....

#phuckcancer
01-14-2016, 07:35 AM   #265
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
he had such range! from classical theatre acting all the way to Dogma, he will be missed....

#phuckcancer
He could play big and over the top better than almost anyone. He could also pull off the straight normal parts. I found this death hurt more than Bowie.
01-14-2016, 12:48 PM   #266
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
He could play big and over the top better than almost anyone. He could also pull off the straight normal parts. I found this death hurt more than Bowie.
Did not ring a bell Alan Rickman
But Martijn just told me, Snape is dead, and then I suddenly knew...

I remember being in the cinema and watching Perfume: The Story of a Murderer... it took me a long time until I remembered where I saw him before
01-14-2016, 01:39 PM   #267
Pentaxian

Original Poster

Hey! Good morning! I'm the internet, here to let you know what amazingly-cool person just died! Whoopeeeee!

Too fewkin many. Cohort effect really; there'll be a bunch more to come in the boot-distant future.

Except Keef; he'll never die.
01-14-2016, 01:53 PM   #268
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And we thought the Baby Boomers were immortal.
RIP Severus Snape/Hans Gruber/Sheriff of Nottingham/The cheating Boss in Love Actually/Romantic lead in Truly Madly Deeply etc.
01-14-2016, 01:55 PM   #269
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Cohort effect really
S'truth

Cool fame didnt exist until TV and Pop media was prevalent... other than that you mourned your family, your boss, and your king. Maybe a pope or prelate of some sort.

Shakespeare who?

Irish poet died in anonymity..

.. 'fraid so.
01-14-2016, 02:18 PM - 1 Like   #270
Veteran Member

Ditto.
double ditto but i posted this AM for yesterday. Today's another day so we'll see what happens.

FYI He was the voice of Marvin too in HGTTG, the best part of that movie.

On another note: my "Under Ice" shot got tagged as a butterfly by Flickr's auto tags, go figure.... And I just picked up a SMC Takumar 50 1.4 at B&H and the Salesman who helped me actually shoots a Pentax!!!!

Last edited by wstruth; 01-14-2016 at 02:26 PM.