Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
12-29-2015, 09:32 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
I'd love to join in, but I'm having elective surgery first week in Jan. Don't expect to be up and about much until mid-month. If that's OK with everyone I will see you all in mid January.

NaCl(late to the party is better than not at the party at all)H2O
Good luck with the surgery, enjoy the "rest" as much as possible..

12-31-2015, 09:36 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm in and am looking forward to using some non Pentax gear I've not been using lately because of focusing on the single in. Most days it will be Pentax though because it's just easier to carry an extra lens.

Last edited by wstruth; 12-31-2015 at 09:42 PM.
12-31-2015, 09:52 PM - 1 Like   #18

Just joined the group on Flickr this challenge and SIC will be my first forays into photography. I can't wait for my KS1 to come in on Monday. I'll post the proper amount of pictures on Monday to catch up
12-31-2015, 11:29 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ccarlitos2 Quote
Just joined the group on Flickr this challenge and SIC will be my first forays into photography. I can't wait for my KS1 to come in on Monday. I'll post the proper amount of pictures on Monday to catch up
Wow! Welcome to the forum, the challenges, and to photography! Looking forward to your fresh perspective!

12-31-2015, 11:33 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Wow! Welcome to the forum, the challenges, and to photography! Looking forward to your fresh perspective!
Thanks! I'm excited to get started! I'm looking forward to the constructive criticisms of the challenges.
01-01-2016, 06:42 AM   #21
Forum Member

Total newbie here-- I realize the goal is to post every day. To be clear is it also true that the photograph must have been taken on the same day it is posted?
01-01-2016, 07:10 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scabana Quote
Total newbie here-- I realize the goal is to post every day. To be clear is it also true that the photograph must have been taken on the same day it is posted?

Welcome Scabana. Yes the idea is to Shoot and Post daily. At times it will live up to the term challenge but most of the time it will be hopefully be fun, especially if you participate in commenting.

01-01-2016, 07:14 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

To be clear is it also true that the photograph must have been taken on the same day it is posted?
That is the goal, but I and other have had to stray from that on occasion, due to real life getting in the way. The idea is not to prove you can submit 30 shots in a month but to make photography a daily habit.
I've found that trying to shoot every day has forced me to be creative, and to incorporate photoshooting into my daily routine; "It's 10 minutes before bedtime, after a hard day at work and family time, what can I shoot to meet my goal?" or " If I take this little detour on the way to work, there's something I've always wanted to try and capture along the way" have been the two driving thoughts in my mind for SIC.
01-01-2016, 08:13 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Count me IN! Crazy, but count me in!
01-01-2016, 08:32 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Welcome. "Must" is too strong a word, as these challenges are quite informal. For any given month, I've probably posted three or four photos that have been "spares" from other days when I've been just too busy on the given day, or I have more interesting photos to share than the photos I snapped that day. And on occasions I've got out of synch for a few days and posted a photo from the day before, on the day, for a few days in a row. Nobody's complained as far as I can tell.

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Count me IN! Crazy, but count me in

Great news!
01-01-2016, 01:26 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Total newbie here--
QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Count me IN! Crazy, but count me in!
Welcome! Looking forward to the month of your photos.
01-01-2016, 02:09 PM   #27
smf
Pentaxian

I am in, with thanks to Todd and best wishes to all for an excellent year.
01-03-2016, 12:49 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
Great idea - I'm in. I enjoy the challenge of taking and posting a photo each day, even a very quick snap, and there are some over-neglected lenses I'd like to rotate in January; lenses I'd never want to use each day for a month. Plus my "new" Helios 44-3. Interested to see if it'll swirl as much as the 44-2. But there needs to be enough strong light here to let it swirl. So when it's overcast/dark I'll be using different lenses.

In terms of rules...not sure we need the "must be a Pentax camera and/or a Pentax lens" rule, and that could help distinguish this group from the Single In. This should be for members of the forum, regardless of the kit they use, and if people want to include pictures with a non-Pentax camera plus a non Pentax lens that's fine by me. (I have no non-Pentax kit, except an iPhone). Two rules that need to be stressed are: (1) only one main picture a day (with small thumbnail links to others if necessary) and (2) please tell us the camera and lens used each day!

I agree with UTAK I'll give it a go if I can avoid surgery this month great idea Todd
01-04-2016, 12:25 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
OK ... I will give it a shot, so to speak.
And what a fabulous shot you gave us on the 3rd! Many congratulations on being Explored on Flickr with all those views and faves - very well deserved.

QuoteOriginally posted by jbarry Quote
I'll give it a go if I can avoid surgery this month
Look forward to seeing your photos and good luck!
01-04-2016, 04:44 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been shooting daily, but I'm two days behind on posting!