Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 82 Likes Search this Thread
03-01-2016, 07:33 AM - 1 Like   #271
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a trip planned in late March where I will be using either my Panasonic LX7 or my GX7 and I need another month off. So I will catch you in early April at the earliest.

---------- Post added 03-01-16 at 09:37 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
ok, good to know. interesting then, that i found 105 so short this time. i was always happy with the reach on my 105mm sigma macro. perhaps it's because i've just come off the 18-200, and 200mm is not 105mm...
Focus breathing is more common in zooms. This could be why the reach felt short. The issue is that at closer distances some lenses show lower magnification than expected for the focal length.

Try taking a few shots with both lenses at 3, 10, 100 and "infinity" meters. You may find that the difference between the reach is reduced the farther away you focus.

It is possible this is all in your head too. Lol.

03-03-2016, 08:54 PM - 1 Like   #272
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Thank you both. I'll dwell some more.

Posted a couple of pics quick and dirty - a simple curves adjustment in GIMP and resized to 2048 long side... here's one for you

03-03-2016, 11:09 PM - 2 Likes   #273
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Thought I'd come in and thank everyone that commented and/or complimented my photos. Thanks everyone.

I also thought I'd tell you about my new camera that will be here next Tuesday. It's a white K-50 to compliment my white K-x. I know I mentioned in the March thread that I'd be buying the K-50 and selling the K-x but I've decided to keep the Storm Trooper and sell the black K-x I have had for about five years. I really don't need four DSLRs.
03-04-2016, 03:26 AM - 1 Like   #274
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Posted a couple of pics quick and dirty - a simple curves adjustment in GIMP and resized to 2048 long side... here's one for you

That's quite a smile your subject has there! Has he just been fed the annoying child up the street?

03-06-2016, 04:43 AM   #275
Pentaxian

Someone I haven't heard of, with tens of thousands of followers, just faved one of my SIF pictures (Valentine's flowers). I suspect this means it was explored. How does the means to determine that work again?
03-07-2016, 02:55 PM   #276
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Someone I haven't heard of, with tens of thousands of followers, just faved one of my SIF pictures (Valentine's flowers). I suspect this means it was explored. How does the means to determine that work again?

You should get an invitation to the "InExplore" group; the invitation will appear in your comment stream. You can also go to https://bighugelabs.com/scout.php and put in your information; the site will identify the images you have in explore.
03-07-2016, 03:06 PM   #277
Pentaxian

How trustworthy is this site? I don't want to give it my Flickr login and then find some sleazy individual has brought me down by using it to post billions of kiddyfiddler pics to my feed.

03-07-2016, 03:22 PM   #278
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
How trustworthy is this site? I don't want to give it my Flickr login and then find some sleazy individual has brought me down by using it to post billions of kiddyfiddler pics to my feed.
Well, they are a commercial business doing photo printing and related services. It would not be in their interest to such a thing. They are well known in Flickr circles and you can always revoke their access if you don't like the way they use your information. I have used the scout service for almost a year and have never had even a hint of a problem.
03-07-2016, 07:56 PM   #279
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You don't have to give a password to check for explored status.
03-28-2016, 01:36 AM   #280
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
You don't have to give a password to check for explored status.

Indeed. You can check Explores for any username, without entering anything except that username