Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 82 Likes Search this Thread
01-28-2016, 11:14 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mholford Quote
After a 2 month hiatus, going to try and get back in the groove so to speak.

My November ended poorly, and December was a disaster (and January ended up even worse - more on that below)

Not quite sure what I'm going to shoot with, will be thinking about that hard over the next couple of days...

Would have probably chosen my 50-135 - but it was broken in my car crash and is out being repaired by pentax canada.

Thinking of my 18-135 - partly to prepare myself for a spring break vacation where I may want to bring it (although I'll be tempted to supplant it with the 16-50/50-135 combo assuming its back from repairs)

Maybe my DA70 (hasn't seen much love lately) - also thought about my 100mm macro - but actually considering paring down my lenses and that may end up on the list.

If you have any suggestions (my lenses are in my sig) I'm open to ideas...

As for my update... As the SI November crowd would remember I had a complete write-off MVA on Dec 2... Thought the casualties were limited to "stuff" including my car, laptop and my new DA*50-135 lens.
Well.... other than a half dozen stitches on the back of my head.... no biggie right? Be thankful it's just the stuff that can be replaced.
we turns out there was some internal bleeding going on and last week I was in neurosurgery getting a blood clot removed from inside the noggin... Not fun, and so right now I'm not able to "work" for a while (more time for running around with a camera I guess).
And my grand scheme to replace the 50-135 with a brand new 60-250 ended up getting shelved.... with no income in the short term can't justify over a grand on lens no matter what... So the insurance money will have to wait... maybe buy a nice treat when this has all worked out...

But I do need to stay somewhat active, and poking around with a camera will be good for me... just need to select something not too challenging (won't be hauling my 500mm lens around for example - not allowed to lift over 5 lbs.)

Mark
Wow! I'm glad you're recovering and I hope you're back to full speed soon.

01-28-2016, 12:25 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yikes! Glad to hear you're recovering.

I'm tempted to suggest the 18-135, simply because I have it but have barely used it and want to see what all can be done with it.
01-28-2016, 12:49 PM   #33
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the 18-135 is a great, handy, convenient lens; I Singled with it last year....
01-28-2016, 01:18 PM - 1 Like   #34
Veteran Member

My new to me 55mm f1.8 arrived a few minutes ago. The thing looks brand new and clean as a whistle; a true thing of beauty. I think I know now what my picture will be for today.

01-28-2016, 02:02 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not quite sure what I'm going to shoot with, will be thinking about that hard over the next couple of days...
- not allowed to lift over 5 lbs.)
DA70 it is then. Don't chuck it in my direction for a film test

Take it easy. Straining the brain is not a good idea.
01-28-2016, 02:41 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
Yikes! Glad to hear you're recovering.

I'm tempted to suggest the 18-135, simply because I have it but have barely used it and want to see what all can be done with it.
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
the 18-135 is a great, handy, convenient lens; I Singled with it last year....
I singled with it last year also, it remains one of my favorite lenses: https://flic.kr/s/aHskjynDC6
01-28-2016, 02:58 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After a 2 month hiatus
Wow! Glad to learn that you're relatively ok! Glad to have you back!

I am in for February, despite how difficult it has been to stay current with visits/commenting lately, thanks to the workload of life... My most likely February SIC candidate is the lowly F35-80 (that I got for free) since it is the least undesirable lens I have left that I haven't SIC'd with yet...

01-28-2016, 02:59 PM   #38
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I had a scare a few minutes ago. I picked up the K-30 attempting to adjust my diopter again, then took a photo to see if it was correctly adjusted and got......the black underexposed frame. But removing the Pentax battery leaving it out for about 20 minutes and changing lenses, it's working again correctly, two photos and correctly exposed both times. I guess I'm going to have to change my mind about that Pentax F zoom 28-80mm macro lens for this month. I have two other lenses in mind. I'll let you know before the first which I chose.
01-28-2016, 04:44 PM   #39
Pentaxian

Undecided as yet, but I randomly purchased a Jupiter 11-a this month, so im thinking using that in Feb might be interesting. Need to investigate the metering with m42 lenses as the k-s2 seems to resist it more than the old k-r.
01-28-2016, 06:07 PM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
Undecided as yet, but I randomly purchased a Jupiter 11-a this month, so im thinking using that in Feb might be interesting. Need to investigate the metering with m42 lenses as the k-s2 seems to resist it more than the old k-r.
I get a mental image of a he ks2 sneering down the pentaprism at the takumar and saying, oh dear, your so old.
01-28-2016, 06:20 PM   #41
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I get a mental image of a he ks2 sneering down the pentaprism at the takumar and saying, oh dear, your so old.
Will make an effort to make an image depicting that! But seriously the Kr will give a meter reading with the optical preview/green button with m42, but the K-s2 doesnt want to play in that regard, but does have focus peaking on live view, catch 22...
01-28-2016, 06:25 PM   #42
Pentaxian

Original Poster
After a 2 month hiatus, going to try and get back in the groove so to speak.

My November ended poorly, and December was a disaster (and January ended up even worse - more on that below)

Would have probably chosen my 50-135 - but it was broken in my car crash and is out being repaired by pentax canada.

Thinking of my 18-135 - partly to prepare myself for a spring break vacation where I may want to bring it (although I'll be tempted to supplant it with the 16-50/50-135 combo assuming its back from repairs)

Maybe my DA70 (hasn't seen much love lately) - also thought about my 100mm macro - but actually considering paring down my lenses and that may end up on the list.

If you have any suggestions (my lenses are in my sig) I'm open to ideas...

As for my update... As the SI November crowd would remember I had a complete write-off MVA on Dec 2... Thought the casualties were limited to "stuff" including my car, laptop and my new DA*50-135 lens.
Well.... other than a half dozen stitches on the back of my head.... no biggie right? Be thankful it's just the stuff that can be replaced.
we turns out there was some internal bleeding going on and last week I was in neurosurgery getting a blood clot removed from inside the noggin... Not fun, and so right now I'm not able to "work" for a while (more time for running around with a camera I guess).
And my grand scheme to replace the 50-135 with a brand new 60-250 ended up getting shelved.... with no income in the short term can't justify over a grand on lens no matter what... So the insurance money will have to wait... maybe buy a nice treat when this has all worked out...

But I do need to stay somewhat active, and poking around with a camera will be good for me... just need to select something not too challenging (won't be hauling my 500mm lens around for example - not allowed to lift over 5 lbs.)

Mark

Hells bells, mate O_O

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote

Take it easy. Straining the brain is not a good idea.

+1 to that; take care.
01-28-2016, 07:14 PM   #43

In a strange way this is going to force me to tone it down work wise for a few weeks - but already been told that spending time on my hobby would be good for me ( light exercise and keep my mind sharp). So planning on getting out shooting every day, but also going through my photos in Lightroom and deleting extras, categorizing stuff and generally organizing the 36000 images I have right now.
I think the da70 is going to be my pick - think it would be kind to me and not so hard to get some fantastic shots from.
01-28-2016, 10:58 PM   #44
Pentaxian

In a strange way this is going to force me to tone it down work wise for a few weeks - but already been told that spending time on my hobby would be good for me ( light exercise and keep my mind sharp). So planning on getting out shooting every day, but also going through my photos in Lightroom and deleting extras, categorizing stuff and generally organizing the 36000 images I have right now.
I think the da70 is going to be my pick - think it would be kind to me and not so hard to get some fantastic shots from.
Yes. I think that 70, will be good. Hope that all is going to go well for you.
01-29-2016, 03:35 AM   #45
Veteran Member

I'm in. I think it's going to be the Pentax F 35-105 unless I change my mind at the last minute and go either plastic fantastic 35mm/2.4 or a Takumar 135/3.5.

I've been on an AF spree for a while and not sure I'm ready to dip back into 100% manual yet. But we shall see.