Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2019, 11:33 AM - 1 Like   #1231
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Creative use if a fisheye. It also debunks the idea that humans are at the center of creation as clearly, everything centers on and rotates around that leaf.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
If you live in Toronto you think Toronto is the centre of the known universe. It's a common criticism.

My home by the river is the center of the known universe.

The exact center.

01-15-2019, 11:39 AM - 1 Like   #1232
Pentaxian

Tiny Mushroom
Taken for this week's 52Frames challenge, "Rule of Thirds"
K-1 mII Ltd Silver, A*200f4 Macro
01-16-2019, 04:33 AM   #1233
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
My home by the river is the center of the known universe.

The exact center.
Of course it is, dear. Just as Toronto is. Or Stonehenge. Every point in the time/space universe is the exact center, since neither time nor space actually exist. Dimensionality is an illusion. Though it provides great entertainment!

---------- Post added 2019-01-16 at 06:40 AM ----------

I'm curious about something regarding these two pictures. It appeared to me that there was an unnatural degree of contrast in them, to the point of being somewhat harsh. I'm wondering whether that was due to a setting in the camera, post-processing, or what? Or am I wrong about that?

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote

All the remaining shots are K-S2 + DA 20-40 Ltd.

Stringybark eucalypts and a view towards the Black Snake Range.

Messmates and coral fern.

Last edited by Unregistered User; 01-16-2019 at 04:41 AM.
01-16-2019, 04:53 AM - 1 Like   #1234
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Moss and mushroom, or at least fungi

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-RX100M6  Photo 
01-16-2019, 11:30 AM - 1 Like   #1235
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A white cedar under attack near my place

01-16-2019, 11:58 AM   #1236
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Creative use if a fisheye. It also debunks the idea that humans are at the center of creation as clearly, everything centers on and rotates around that leaf.
It does sort of looks like it is rotating. Just an illusion I'm afraid.

Tim

---------- Post added 01-16-19 at 02:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
I'm curious about something regarding these two pictures. It appeared to me that there was an unnatural degree of contrast in them, to the point of being somewhat harsh. I'm wondering whether that was due to a setting in the camera, post-processing, or what? Or am I wrong about that?
In regards to my image, it is definitely post processing related.

Tim
01-16-2019, 01:13 PM - 1 Like   #1237
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
It does sort of looks like it is rotating. Just an illusion I'm afraid.
It also looks as though it were sitting at the very top of the world. In a sense, that's true of any random object or person.

01-16-2019, 02:44 PM - 3 Likes   #1238
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
In regards to my image, it is definitely post processing related.
I think Dan was referring to mine (the second and third photos in post #1224). As for your leaf photo, it's beautifully done. It needed plenty of contrast and microcontrast to make the most of the striking composition.
QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
It was entirely due to post-processing.The lighting was rather flat when I took these two. Here they are uncorrected.

I lifted the exposure, adjusted the tone curve and increased the microcontrast and clarity to bring out the details. (There are details everywhere - for example the coral fern is beautiful but you hardly see it in the uncorrected image.) Whether I overdid it is a matter of taste. Yes the final versions are a bit harsh, if you like, but I was trying to give a feel for what this sort of dry schlerophyll bush in Australia is like - full of sharp-edged sedges, rough bark, straggly trees, prickly shrubs, usually accentuated by harsh light. All that is part of the special beauty, as I see it. When you are there, the visual richness (and the smells and the sounds) is overwhelming. When Europeans first painted these places they softened them (often in a Turner or Constable style) and failed to capture any of this. That only really changed in the 1890s with the Heidelberg school of painters.

With photography we have the opportunity to portray things as we see them. The diversity of visions is like any other art form, IMO.
01-18-2019, 10:49 AM   #1239
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
I think Dan was referring to mine (the second and third photos in post #1224). ...

With photography we have the opportunity to portray things as we see them. The diversity of visions is like any other art form, IMO.
Right, those two; agree completely as to the amazing power to show others the multiplicity of forms we're seeing ourselves. Thanks for the explanation!
01-19-2019, 12:15 PM   #1240
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

01-19-2019, 01:25 PM - 3 Likes   #1241
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The elusive stinkhorn and some fungus that I should know the name of, but don't. Taken on Dauphin Island, Alabama. K70 with Sigma 18-250.
Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
01-19-2019, 02:08 PM   #1242
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Knock, it was -23 when I went out today. No fungus were present. When we woke up this morning it was -33. I loaded the firebox twice last night and it was still only 15ºC in the house when I got up.
01-19-2019, 03:01 PM   #1243
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Howdy Norm. It's currently 62 F here in Montgomery, but unfortunately we're dodging a couple tornadoes as a cold front is pushing in from the west. Not the kind of excitement I was looking for...but I don't think I would handle -33 very well either. Hunker down my friend. I hope all is well.
01-20-2019, 05:55 AM   #1244
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Knock, it was -23 when I went out today. No fungus were present. When we woke up this morning it was -33. I loaded the firebox twice last night and it was still only 15ºC in the house when I got up.
JEEPERS.
01-20-2019, 05:57 AM - 3 Likes   #1245
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Splash has built up icy borders along many local woodland streams, and in some spots roofed over the flow that can be seen through dark patches of the ice sheet
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-RX100M6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DSC-RX100M6  Photo