Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 81 Likes Search this Thread
03-16-2016, 07:43 AM   #136
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
agreed - I have learned a TON from doing this every month....
Keep it up, you will learn a few more tons as each month rolls along.

03-16-2016, 07:26 PM   #137
Veteran Member

I've been out due to a medical. Back on the 9th, my left leg became completely paralyzed from the waist down. Along with it, is a lot of pain if I do anything. Anyway, I've been stuck to a wheel chair or a walker since. They think it's a pinch nerve, but I'm dealing with the VA hospital which can take forever. I've been trying to get in some type of shots each day. It's the only thing that keeps my mind off of it. I just don't have the energy to post them. Hope to be back in the game as soon as I can.
03-16-2016, 08:07 PM   #138
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
I've been out due to a medical. Back on the 9th, my left leg became completely paralyzed from the waist down. Along with it, is a lot of pain if I do anything. Anyway, I've been stuck to a wheel chair or a walker since. They think it's a pinch nerve, but I'm dealing with the VA hospital which can take forever. I've been trying to get in some type of shots each day. It's the only thing that keeps my mind off of it. I just don't have the energy to post them. Hope to be back in the game as soon as I can.
Yeeouch! Sorry to hear it. :-( Hope you get it sorted out, soon. Glad playing pictures keeps you staying positive. Keep it up!
03-16-2016, 08:11 PM - 1 Like   #139

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Feel better soon. I too find photography a great diversion. Taking shots seem to be easier than processing for me as well..

In other news my Mum is home from the hospital and is her usual crazy and cranky self - so that's a very good thing. I have taken shots but the processing part is slowing me down (as I noted above) fingers crossed and I might slip back in (at least slowly at first.

03-17-2016, 03:41 AM - 1 Like   #140
Pentaxian

Seems like there is alot of real life going on this month, wishing everyone a speedy recovery from what ails you.

It would seem my 'sexy' frog shot got explored last night... was not expecting that.
03-17-2016, 03:51 AM - 1 Like   #141
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I will tentatively throw my hat back in the ring.

Not only has my computer returned home, but a seemly mint (seriously, it looks like it has never been mounted on a camera) FA20/2.8 has lobbed on my doorstep. It will be interesting to see how the prime (and maybe the DA21) goes against my FA20-35 "Single In" lens at the wide end.

And a cool change has finally hit
03-17-2016, 07:47 AM   #142
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
a seemly mint (seriously, it looks like it has never been mounted on a camera) FA20/2.8 has lobbed on my doorstep.
Always lovely to get a visit from the lens fairy.

FA20 vs DA21 should be an interesting shootout - old-school vs. digital-era prime of as close to the same focal length as is feasible. Perhaps your first single-in should be a picture of the two together?

03-17-2016, 08:06 AM - 2 Likes   #143
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Folks I'm sorry I haven't been playing - I've been too busy getting ready to head to Europe. If anyone in the group is in London or Paris and wants to meet up for a tea or lunch or something let me know via PM. I will be in each city a week. I will be visiting Bath and Stonehenge and Warrick Castle while in England in addition to spending time in London. Easter is looking like a strange day with most things closed - perfect day for some photos on my Panasonic travel camera perhaps.

In any case - I miss the daily interaction and wish you well. I will be out of the country until after April starts so I'm not sure if I will be back in the saddle by then or the next month but I will be back.
03-17-2016, 08:10 AM   #144
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Folks I'm sorry I haven't been playing - I've been too busy getting ready to head to Europe. If anyone in the group is in London or Paris and wants to meet up for a tea or lunch or something let me know via PM. I will be in each city a week. I will be visiting Bath and Stonehenge and Warrick Castle while in England in addition to spending time in London. Easter is looking like a strange day with most things closed - perfect day for some photos on my Panasonic travel camera perhaps.

In any case - I miss the daily interaction and wish you well. I will be out of the country until after April starts so I'm not sure if I will be back in the saddle by then or the next month but I will be back.

sounds like fun - have a great trip.....
03-17-2016, 09:17 AM   #145
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh, dear we've hit the middle of the month life get's in the way of photography period! Sorry to hear of your troubles gang (says he who lurkes and doesn't play this month), hope things get better for all of you. Yikes.
03-17-2016, 11:09 AM   #146
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
but a seemly mint (seriously, it looks like it has never been mounted on a camera) FA20/2.8 has lobbed on my doorstep
I have been drooling over that one myself. But usually I turn away with sticker shock.

QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
Seems like there is alot of real life going on this month, wishing everyone a speedy recovery from what ails you.
I echo that.
03-17-2016, 03:05 PM   #147
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote

If you haven't booked a tour yet I recommend Mad Maxx tours out of Bath to go see Stonehenge. They will get you in before and past the crowds, plus depending upon what you book they will get you to see a more of the area. We did a day tour with them last year and really enjoyed it.
03-17-2016, 03:27 PM   #148
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

Oh man... take care of yourself and jump in whenever you can.
03-17-2016, 03:32 PM   #149
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

get well soon!

Last edited by willdmo; 03-17-2016 at 03:41 PM.
03-17-2016, 07:40 PM   #150
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wstruth Quote
If you haven't booked a tour yet I recommend Mad Maxx tours out of Bath to go see Stonehenge. They will get you in before and past the crowds, plus depending upon what you book they will get you to see a more of the area. We did a day tour with them last year and really enjoyed it.
Thanks! I will check with my wife. I don't recall if we have booked it.