Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 162 Likes Search this Thread
04-03-2016, 04:12 PM   #166
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Is it possible subject blur, missed focus, or movement could have glitched the shots?

Is there a new filter attached?

Is this a new camera body that needs focus calibration with this lens?
Not subject blur, nor missed focus, or movement.

Never use filters on my DSLRs.

Could be the last one. I just got a new K-50. Seems focus was fine when I had the K-30. So, how would I do that on the K-50?

And I'd rather not go M42 or K mount. I use these with AF so that's a plus but I can MF if needed.

04-04-2016, 12:37 AM   #167
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Aaaaaaaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!

Bad news for us Aussies.

The K-1 will soon be released, but the going price from the AU supplier has now escalated to AU $3188-
(This is getting close to double the US price)

Out of my reach (until it drops by at least 20%)
04-04-2016, 01:33 AM   #168
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
The K-1 will soon be released, but the going price from the AU supplier has now escalated to AU $3188-
How soon?
We'll see what my B&M can swing with my pre-order. I was promised better than that....
04-04-2016, 01:53 AM   #169
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jackassp Quote
Aaaaaaaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!

Bad news for us Aussies.

Out of my reach (until it drops by at least 20%)
This has been flagged a couple of times in this thread, with no evidence yet to suggest the B&M retailers have moved from their original (cheaper) positions. There is also some speculation that CRK have done this so that more sales go through the retail stores. But the question going begging - what price are local retailers paying the distributor if they're to make any profit. I think (hope) you can rest easy Sandy. Of course there's the extra markup as the AU$ continues to appreciate, but that's another story.

04-04-2016, 03:37 AM   #170
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
How soon?
We'll see what my B&M can swing with my pre-order. I was promised better than that....
Teds is taking online orders for $2799 AU

Big difference....
04-04-2016, 09:30 AM   #171
Pentaxian

Second batch of developing done today and uploaded. The shots I have taken so far have all been fairly near wide open, and I wasnt really satisfied with the sharpness so I have just had a play with my ks-2 and confirmed my suspicions, wide open its soft, very soft, doesnt really get sharp till between 5.6 and 8. Problem is with iso 400 I just havent had the light to make f8 practical, especially when using any kind of filter, I might try pushing a roll to 800 and see what results I get as I think this film is fairly tolerant in that regard.
04-04-2016, 10:07 AM - 1 Like   #172
Veteran Member

Believe it or not, my B&W entry for Saturday was Explored! I didn't think it'd be possible with a spherical image! Sheesh!

04-04-2016, 10:23 AM   #173
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graeme83 Quote
Second batch of developing done today and uploaded. The shots I have taken so far have all been fairly near wide open, and I wasnt really satisfied with the sharpness so I have just had a play with my ks-2 and confirmed my suspicions, wide open its soft, very soft, doesnt really get sharp till between 5.6 and 8. Problem is with iso 400 I just havent had the light to make f8 practical, especially when using any kind of filter, I might try pushing a roll to 800 and see what results I get as I think this film is fairly tolerant in that regard.
I am going through similar suspicions with the 200mm 645 lens. First roll is with RPX 400 shot @ 400. I think it will do well, but I've ordered a roll of Portra 800 for the next roll so I can keep my shutter speeds up and apertures up. It's pretty dark and gloomy in Ottawa these days.
04-04-2016, 01:04 PM   #174
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

mmmm.... USPS says there's a new lens in my mailbox at home..

Christmas in April.... there may or may not be an actual comparison shot tonight with both 135's.....
04-04-2016, 04:30 PM   #175
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey y'all! I'm hosting this week's post-processing challenge here on the board and would be fun to see some entries from fellow SIC members! Come on over and take a pass at my shot! You get an automatic PF Like just for entering! What's to lose!?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/31...-beach-le.html

Challenge is open for the rest of the week...
04-04-2016, 06:50 PM   #176
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I will catch up on comments soon. having computer issues and it has taken me hours to post what I have.
04-05-2016, 03:04 AM   #177
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Believe it or not, my B&W entry for Saturday was Explored! I didn't think it'd be possible with a spherical image! Sheesh!
We're on quite a roll for the month of April. My Sat shot, and one from my archives I posted Sun are both listed. Rod had two, Cato, Ron, Zach, Mr. Kight.. Its only the 5th!

As an aside, I'm AWOL -> trade show means a day of prep yesterday and a day of standing on concrete today.. so I could be blanking 2 in a row (it was expected given the work load).
04-05-2016, 05:12 AM   #178
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Not subject blur, nor missed focus, or movement.

Never use filters on my DSLRs.

Could be the last one. I just got a new K-50. Seems focus was fine when I had the K-30. So, how would I do that on the K-50?

And I'd rather not go M42 or K mount. I use these with AF so that's a plus but I can MF if needed.
I don't have a k50 anymore so validating the process is a bit harder for me. However you would use the fine adjustment on a per lens basis and the setup a test target at the distance recommended (or at your preferred shooting distance) and fire off some test shots. I can provide a link to a more detailed process later. Suffice to say it is a little tedious but not more than a few hours work max.
04-05-2016, 06:26 AM   #179
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
However you would use the fine adjustment on a per lens basis and the setup a test target at the distance recommended (or at your preferred shooting distance) and fire off some test shots. I can provide a link to a more detailed process later. Suffice to say it is a little tedious but not more than a few hours work max.
Is this the AF fine adjustment I read about in the manual. Sheesh, I actually read the manual. LOL A link would help. Thanks.
04-05-2016, 06:31 AM   #180
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When to take a photo with a flash and trigger this morning, wasted two frames with the 645, I guess I had it in the wrong mode to trigger my v6 cactus trigger. Those will be blank frames, at least the roll is complete, now I'll be able to dev it and start posting photos!