Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2016, 06:33 PM   #346
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
IT IS ACTUALLY FOR REAL MY BIRTHDAY! I AM 32 YEARS OLD TODAY. It's the besssssttttt! I fear no age! I want to collect so many birthdays! I am a shameless birthday-haver. I tell everyone, whether they're interested or not.

Unfortunately for the game, my birthday selfie will be delayed. Ryan and I are going down to Bridal Cave in Camdenton, MO where we were married. His family owns the cave and we get special access, with keys and light-controls, after hours, so I can spend as long as I want taking 360 SPHERICAL CAVE INTERIOR SHOTS. I can't believe I'm still conscious with all this excitement!

Anyway, the lakehouse is off-the-grid, so I won't be able to post until we get home on Friday.

I can't wait to see all y'all's faces and/or buttocks!

---------- Post added 04-21-16 at 02:29 PM ----------

Yuss. *high five*
Happy Birthday!

Last edited by wstruth; 04-21-2016 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Needed an exclamation point.
04-21-2016, 06:35 PM   #347
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
please, shoot some purple.
Done!

Happy birthday Sara xx
04-21-2016, 07:47 PM - 1 Like   #348
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Happy birthday Sara.

No photo from me for today. I only just got back from work, and am spending it drinking wine and going through photos from other days. I'll try to actually get some comments made for once.
04-21-2016, 10:07 PM   #349
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sara happy birthday.

04-22-2016, 03:36 AM - 1 Like   #350
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's to another successful trip around the sun!
04-22-2016, 03:50 AM   #351
Pentaxian

IT IS ACTUALLY FOR REAL MY BIRTHDAY! I AM 32 YEARS OLD TODAY.
Happy birthday.
04-22-2016, 04:03 AM - 3 Likes   #352
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Happy Birthday Sara - I know I'm a few hours late, but I've had a 500+km drive today with pre and unpacking (hence the selfie). I hope you had a great time.

And, a little present for me! When I finally got to sit down tonight and start catching up on comments, my email check revealed an invitation to the Australian distributor's launch of the K1 on May 10. So, first things first - I have my ticket! Now the difficult part - they are going to have some K1s available for sale on the night ...... oh dear!

04-22-2016, 04:27 AM - 2 Likes   #353
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
I have my ticket! Now the difficult part - they are going to have some K-1s available for sale on the night ...... oh dear!
Carpe diem!
04-22-2016, 07:46 AM   #354
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Carpe diem!
Or should that be carpe denarii? No, wait; that's what DigiDirect will be doing in exchange for K-1's.
04-22-2016, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #355
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Here's to another successful trip around the sun!
That makes getting older sound so much more exciting.

I may steal that phrase.
04-22-2016, 03:59 PM   #356
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IT IS ACTUALLY FOR REAL MY BIRTHDAY! I AM 32 YEARS OLD TODAY. It's the besssssttttt! I fear no age! I want to collect so many birthdays! I am a shameless birthday-haver. I tell everyone, whether they're interested or not.

Unfortunately for the game, my birthday selfie will be delayed. Ryan and I are going down to Bridal Cave in Camdenton, MO where we were married. His family owns the cave and we get special access, with keys and light-controls, after hours, so I can spend as long as I want taking 360 SPHERICAL CAVE INTERIOR SHOTS. I can't believe I'm still conscious with all this excitement!

Anyway, the lakehouse is off-the-grid, so I won't be able to post until we get home on Friday.

I can't wait to see all y'all's faces and/or buttocks!

---------- Post added 04-21-16 at 02:29 PM ----------

Yuss. *high five*
Late but, happy Birthday..and cant wait to see the shots.
04-22-2016, 11:42 PM - 2 Likes   #357
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For those interested - gave post processing another go this afternoon with a more subtle gradient.

Still a lot of noise, but not half as stark

Super-Takumar 135/3.5, k-s2

--- p.s. Happy Belated Birthday, Sara!
04-23-2016, 03:50 PM   #358
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

ok folks - time to get honest (collective breath-holding)...

I had this remark directed at me in another thread and would like your cold, hard opinions on it:

QuoteQuote:
If I may... I look to many picture of you and they standout. Or maybe it is different, you picture standout and after I see it is from you.

Not necessarily because they are better or worse as composition etc. But because to me you tend to push some PP slider quite far in term of I don't know sharpness or micro contrast so when I see the pictures, it doesn't look like something I could see with my eyes in reality. I can see some halos surrounding things in focus and the textures look quite strange to me. It look like there added dithering/grain to the picture, but not at all like film.

Maybe this is all on purpose to get that look, and that quite fine then. But maybe this is not really wanted, and then could be worth to try other PP settings then ?

I know myself I have some heavy PP at time and sure not all like it...

Was just to let you aware anyway. Let me know if that was unwanted remark.

am I processing my shots too much? I would have hoped the Single community would have pulled me aside and asked me, "WTH?"

please - as I said, I am looking for what you guys think about it... if this remark is way off base, so be it - but if I am on the wrong path as far progressing with my chosen hobby, I need to know...

thanks in advance...
04-23-2016, 04:21 PM - 1 Like   #359
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
am I processing my shots too much?
Judging by things like the carpenter bee picture, I would say the answer is a definite no.

OTOH I just got done mutilating a picture of a rose in Raw Therapee, possibly because both the program and the laptop are new to me, and I couldn't figure out until after I'd posted it how to stop the beast from altering the brightness on me at random. Background is noisy to hell, but I like what I did with the subject so I am leaving it be.
04-23-2016, 04:23 PM - 1 Like   #360
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
ok folks - time to get honest (collective breath-holding)...

I had this remark directed at me in another thread and would like your cold, hard opinions on it:

am I processing my shots too much? I would have hoped the Single community would have pulled me aside and asked me, "WTH?"

please - as I said, I am looking for what you guys think about it... if this remark is way off base, so be it - but if I am on the wrong path as far progressing with my chosen hobby, I need to know...

thanks in advance...
Short answer: No.

Slightly longer answer: I can't see how anyone would see your photos as overprocessed unless they had a real taste for dim, soft, low contrast images.