Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2016, 06:59 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Guys, I just can't do this this month. I think I've only posted one is this group since the beginning of the month and here it is well into the second week. I'm going to have to withdraw until my body heals and I amd able to devote adequate time. Enjoy yourselves and I'll be around the forums.

04-08-2016, 12:26 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Sorry for not being a frequent commenter. I'm just one of those people where if I don't have much to say I don't say anything at all.
04-08-2016, 01:04 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
Guys, I just can't do this this month. I think I've only posted one is this group since the beginning of the month and here it is well into the second week. I'm going to have to withdraw until my body heals and I amd able to devote adequate time. Enjoy yourselves and I'll be around the forums.
keep healing sir! thanks for checking in.

QuoteOriginally posted by clockworkrat Quote
Sorry for not being a frequent commenter. I'm just one of those people where if I don't have much to say I don't say anything at all.
I hear ya. Not easy to figure out fresh things to say about another pretty flower shot, etc. I always try to find things I like about the images but most of the time fail to say anything meaningful and end up being trite most of the time... It becomes the equivalent of saying 'todd was there' a lot of the time.. I figure that's still better than nothing, and I also often resort to just faving things (more for those i follow on flickr, not our challenge groups), using the fave as a 'like' button so I don't have to type "nice shot" again haha....
04-08-2016, 01:27 PM   #19
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
First, get better. Then worry about challenges. See you around!

04-08-2016, 01:43 PM   #20
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Like todd says, finding fresh things to say can be a challenge. My reason for trying to keep up with commenting is that I find it a good way of learning. It forces me to actually look at an image, look hard, look for what works (or not). Sometimes, especially when I'm too far behind, I resort to more "I was here" type of comments.

Of course, it's also about giving a nod to forum friends sharing their images. Not that anyone should feel obliged to do so, but for me it's a natural part of participating in a challenge.

No matter, going out to take pictures is the main thing. Well, taking pictures is. We've seen some magnificent images taken indoors

04-08-2016, 09:13 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finally at a point I can try and catch up with posting. Ugly stormy weather tomorrow, so I plan on drinking good hot coffee and post comments.
04-09-2016, 01:24 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've been piddling around with an older 13" laptop for the past week (at least) trying to get Win 10 to load. Finally got it on to find I needed the 64-bit version to run the Creative Cloud version of LR, so I'm doing that now. Then, I've got two fresh rolls to scan, and at least a week's worth of images to import and process, in addition to the film. This is a great project, but I have found over the past, oh... year, that I just can't shoot-import-process-upload-view-comment every single day. Commenting usually takes last place anyway, because by the time I show up, I only have "me too" type comments and faves.

04-12-2016, 05:58 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

long day, got some shots, I will catch up on comments soon. it is later than I thought.
04-13-2016, 03:44 PM   #24
Veteran Member

If only my RX100 was a bit longer, faster, had better high ISO performance, and stayed the same size...

Nah, it's a fun month so far. Trying to make new images after retreading the same ground countless times is a good challenge.
04-13-2016, 07:56 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have tomorrow off so I will definitely catch up on comments.
04-14-2016, 06:42 AM   #26
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

If only my RX100 was a bit longer, faster, had better high ISO performance, and stayed the same size...
The size is the big (hah!) attracting factor of the RX100. It certainly has shortcomings, but I believe most can forgive those at the size.

Nah, it's a fun month so far. Trying to make new images after retreading the same ground countless times is a good challenge.
Indeed. I have taken most of my images these last 2 (and a half) months on well trodden paths. "Challenge" is the right word

QuoteOriginally posted by cg57 Quote
I have tomorrow off so I will definitely catch up on comments.
I hope to resurface this weekend.
04-14-2016, 10:31 AM   #27
Pentaxian

If you're posting from Flickr, are you posting your stuff in the Flickr group? If not, please do! It's so much easier to peruse the group than this forum.
04-14-2016, 06:02 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good news, I took many shots today, I'll process and upload in the AM
04-17-2016, 10:15 AM   #29
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
If you're posting from Flickr, are you posting your stuff in the Flickr group? If not, please do! It's so much easier to peruse the group than this forum.
Always do

Trying to catch up on the commenting. Hard work when one has fallen as far behind as I now have. It's about time my boss realises I have more important stuff to do than work
04-17-2016, 03:12 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yesterday, time was tight, so I went to my most reliable lens, the DA 40mm XS. It never disappoints me.
I have to wait until night fall for today's shot, with the Tokina 500mm.