Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
04-03-2016, 04:20 PM   #31
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
Blew my nose and pulled a muscle in my back...out of commission for 2 days.
A couple of years back I sneezed violently during a cold and did exactly the same thing. Who would believe it??

04-03-2016, 04:21 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
that's impressive! my wife sneezed intensely last night pulled muscles in her neck and is in tons of pain today...

---------- Post added 04-03-16 at 04:22 PM ----------

that's impressive!

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
A couple of years back I sneezed violently during a cold and did exactly the same thing. Who would believe it??
my wife sneezed intensely last night pulled muscles in her neck and is in tons of pain today...
04-04-2016, 03:38 AM   #33
Forum Member

Original Poster
I tried to describe my subjective feelings about each photograph.

Astonm - this is totally diferent approach to postprocessing than mine. I like framing and color but additional texture interference with sky teture in my opinion not work well.

Atupdate - Nice entry, colors and contrast like in my first try with this photo. Plane looks fine but i think it could looks better if placed a little higher and in center of photo.

BigMackCam - Really good, fiery sky, heavy contrast and 1to1 crop. This inspired me to back to the lightroom and experiment once more.

D1N0 - Cooling down colors makes it softer and forced me to look again to my processing metods. And Taj Mahal is perfect. Cowboy-dzilla makes me laugh every time.

Doroth2 - Another time i see my photo in colors so much diferent than my vision, great entry.

ffking - As i wrote before your entry was firts and inspired me to check the blue colors in photo. And from the two i think better is the 1to1 crop.

glen5995 - This entry when i first look at it didn't impress me much. But when im put all entries in one folder, it pops out to my eyes. I think the all together works out - black frame, gray Passe-partout and orange black photo.

johnc - Yours version looks totally identical like mine new version. I wanted to put it at the end of the contest but now its pointless. Like you read my mind.

Pavel_zhelev - Here i had the same feeling like at glenn5995. At first view - no this is not what i like, but looking again and again i have change my opinion to - damn this is good. Especially purple glow around edges gives this photo that something that i like.

timb64 - Color version have nice classy look but dont have this something. But B&W makes my day. To be honest because your B&W wersion i liked glenn photo.

wizofos - Like BigMackKam good fiery feel. But in this case diferent crop and slightly darker - very good job.

And the podium is:

third place - Rimfiredude - Fantastic, maybe crop could be 1to1 but dark look makes me smile every time i look at it.

Second place - LarsW - dark, intense colors, overall mood definietly one of the best for me in this contest.

But first place goes to Todd - crop, colors and smooth sky alone gives this entry very high place, but perfect handcrafted silhouette edge decided to give first place to You.
04-04-2016, 04:01 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congratulations Todd and thank you Artgraf1981 for hosting.

04-04-2016, 04:12 AM   #35
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Well done to Rimfiredude & LarsW, and especially to Todd - that outline work is amazing, and the overall PP looks great!!

Thanks Artgraf1981 for hosting and the individual comments!

Last edited by BigMackCam; 04-04-2016 at 09:47 AM.
04-04-2016, 04:18 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Well done Todd and the runners up,and thanks for hosting Art,look forward to the next Challenge.
04-04-2016, 05:02 AM   #37
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank You all for many new inspiration.

I have one request, I'm take part in the competition for B&W photo My photo here if You think that this image is suitable please nominate to the final part of the competition.

04-04-2016, 05:35 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Congrats Todd and thanks Artgraph1981 for the beautiful pic and judging. Good luck with your back.
04-04-2016, 07:50 AM   #39

Thanks Artgraf1981, and congratulations Todd!
04-04-2016, 08:28 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Way to go Todd. What do you have in store for us?
04-04-2016, 09:05 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Way to go Todd. What do you have in store for us?
hey hey how about that! thanks for the vote and comments! hadn't landed on the podium in a long time! personally my fave is glenn's submission, and all the entries are worthy and offer something. thanks for hosting Artgraf1981. great choice of image for the challenge and job well done with hosting/judging. i will get on to picking an image and will update the thread once the next challenge is live.
04-04-2016, 10:25 AM   #42

Thank you Artgraf1981. And congrats to todd
04-04-2016, 11:08 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have at it Pentaxian Processors!