Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 140 Likes Search this Thread
08-05-2016, 05:10 PM   #151
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
I did a bad thing yesterday...... sold the FA 20-35 I got off Sandy a month or so ago and bought a Voigtlander Color-Skopar 20mm f/3.5 SL II instead. Hopefully Sandy will forgive me..... now I've done this Pentax will probally release a FA20 limited for $600 next week.

In the end, I just wanted a 20mm little FF lens that would always be with me...with nice colours and some flare resistance.
Bad? There's nothing to forgive. Don't forget I also sold it after acquiring my FA20 I hope it has gone to another good home.

Do what makes you happy

08-05-2016, 05:23 PM   #152
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Bad? There's nothing to forgive. Don't forget I also sold it after acquiring my FA20 I hope it has gone to another good home.

Do what makes you happy
Hopefully it will like the cold.....off to Canada it is!
08-05-2016, 05:43 PM   #153
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
I did a bad thing yesterday...... sold the FA 20-35 I got off Sandy a month or so ago and bought a Voigtlander Color-Skopar 20mm f/3.5 SL II instead. Hopefully Sandy will forgive me..... now I've done this Pentax will probally release a FA20 limited for $600 next week.
If that happens, let it be recorded that you took one for the team.
08-05-2016, 08:22 PM   #154
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I totally biffed yesterday and posted the wrong image of my tattoo. I've posted the right one now.

08-06-2016, 02:52 AM   #155
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

(black & white theme day!)
08-06-2016, 04:13 AM - 4 Likes   #156
Veteran Member

new dog due tomorrow morning! very excited!
08-06-2016, 05:10 AM   #157
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
new dog due tomorrow morning! very excited!

yes! so looking forward to your adventures with him...

08-06-2016, 06:23 AM   #158
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This month has not started as I expected, demands on my time left me little time, or desire to shoot. Going out of town for the day, that might spur me on to a frenzy of shooting.
08-06-2016, 10:06 AM   #159

I just stumbled upon this. Is it too late to participate this month? I love the idea, it gives me a reason to use and equipment that i would not othereise use. I own k-3, k-5 & k-x, and gave my sister my old k-200. The k-x is the one i bought most recently (for $100) mainly so my kids could play with it and learn the dying art of dslr photography. I also thought i might use it as a spare that i wouldn't worry too much about damaging and it is small and very light weight (for a pentax). But i dont use it much (or the other 2 for that matter, im a enthusiast at best). But thought this would be a good excuse to use it everyday paired with a lens i rarely use HD Pentax-da 2.4 70mm.
08-06-2016, 10:15 AM   #160
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

"dying art"???
08-06-2016, 10:33 AM   #161

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
"dying art"???
I knew someone was going to take offense to that. But with camera phones and high-tech point and shoot, at least in my area less people are using SLRs, digital or otherwise. The pawn shop that I bought the K-x a few months ago had a $250 price tag on the camera, but said he couldn't sell them because everyone has camera phones, so he sold me it for $100 bill. I am also in rural OK. If I'm mistaken about the sales or popularity of SLRs nationally I apologize.
08-06-2016, 10:35 AM   #162
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

not at all - it was just a surprise to read, is all...

welcome aboard - the first post of this thread has all the ins & outs and 'rules' that we abide by....
08-06-2016, 10:41 AM   #163

QuoteOriginally posted by bronsono Quote
I knew someone was going to take offense to that. But with camera phones and high-tech point and shoot, at least in my area less people are using SLRs, digital or otherwise. The pawn shop that I bought the K-x a few months ago had a $250 price tag on the camera, but said he couldn't sell them because everyone has camera phones, so he sold me it for $100 bill. I am also in rural OK. If I'm mistaken about the sales or popularity of SLRs nationally I apologize.
Its seems there used to be a bigger nonprofessional/enthusiasts/hobbyists, base. Let me rephrase that. The art itself is not dying, as this forum proves. There are plenty of skilled professionals, the casual dslr enthusiasts are dying off. Which is why I bought one my kids could use and hopefully one of them would find a passion for the art.
08-06-2016, 10:45 AM   #164
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

now, pick a lens and get out there and shoot!
08-06-2016, 10:59 AM   #165
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bronsono Quote
... I am also in rural OK. If I'm mistaken about the sales or popularity of SLRs nationally I apologize.

Welcome aboard! I'm always happy to see Okies join in the fun. I'm former long term resident of Northeastern Oklahoma and my wife is a native. Both of my daughters were born in Oklahoma, one in Pryor and the other in Muskogee so we have deep roots there.

Throw the 70mm on the body of your choice and start shooting, I look forward to seeing your work. "Boomer Sooner"