Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 140 Likes Search this Thread
07-31-2016, 11:35 AM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm in. Going to go with the 43 ltd. I haven't yet 'singled' it. As far as 20's go, all but one my 20's I've already singled; FA 20, FA 20-35, Sigma 24, Tamron 28-75, DA 20-40. The one lens I have that ventures into 20's focal lengths is the DA 12-24, I'm saving that lens for October. 'Sides, the 43 is one of my favs and it's been getting lonely lately.

NaCl(gonna be a big change from 300mm)H2O

07-31-2016, 12:59 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
It's all about enjoyment! :-) Have fun!

I'm not as "good" at Singling in as I used to be, and I apologize. I shoot every day with my lens, but I don't always get around to posting in the thread and making comments on others' photos. I'd like to get better at it, but I always run out of time at the end of the day, and I still feel like I'm leaving things undone... like housework, for example.... Haa!
Hey, we have to have our priorities, afterall, and housework can't be very high on the list.
07-31-2016, 03:00 PM - 1 Like   #78
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
ousework can't be very high on the list.
Never put off until tomorrow whatever you can easily put off until even late, after you taken pictures and uploaded them
07-31-2016, 03:37 PM   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm going with my silver HD DA 20-40 Limited. I will have to pry the FA 43 off my K-3 though as I'm actually enjoying that lens and will single it soon enough.

07-31-2016, 04:47 PM   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Think I will give this a try again in August. I know there will be a couple of days where I will be out of commission and not be able to shoot. But I will contribute as I can.

For this month, I'm going with my K35/3.5 on the K1. Even though I have a FA35/2, and the FA* 31/1.8, I have been enjoying the process of slowing down and using manual controls these past couple of months.
07-31-2016, 04:50 PM   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
I'm going with my silver HD DA 20-40 Limited. I will have to pry the FA 43 off my K-3 though as I'm actually enjoying that lens and will single it soon enough.
Mine is silver also! LOL it must be fate. I will try to do that. I'm also trying to do Daily in this month. We shall see what this is like.
07-31-2016, 10:06 PM - 2 Likes   #82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well I sprung for the Super Tak 24mm tonight and it will be my Single lens for the month... I was a little hesitant to buy when I discovered that it doesn't focus to infinity on the K1. I was aware that this could be the case from my readings (when I was doing queries this week on the lens) and now have to decide if I want to attempt a surgery or not...

07-31-2016, 10:07 PM   #83
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
It's all about enjoyment! :-) Have fun!

I'm not as "good" at Singling in as I used to be, and I apologize. I shoot every day with my lens, but I don't always get around to posting in the thread and making comments on others' photos. I'd like to get better at it, but I always run out of time at the end of the day, and I still feel like I'm leaving things undone... like housework, for example.... Haa!

Same same.
07-31-2016, 11:58 PM - 2 Likes   #84
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

On further reflection, I'll be sitting August out. Photo fatigue after my trip, and no foreseeable end to the foul weather, have collectively sapped my enthusiasm.

Have fun.
08-01-2016, 12:08 AM   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Well I sprung for the Super Tak 24mm tonight and it will be my Single lens for the month... I was a little hesitant to buy when I discovered that it doesn't focus to infinity on the K1. I was aware that this could be the case from my readings (when I was doing queries this week on the lens) and now have to decide if I want to attempt a surgery or not...
what a great shot. love the still dogs on the verandah and the movement of the ones in front. lol

looks like a pet's paradise you have there
08-01-2016, 03:25 AM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
no foreseeable end to the foul weather,
Bad weather makes good pictures! The searing light directly overhead in a cloudless blue sky leaves me uninspired, give me storms!

I look forward to your return in September.
08-01-2016, 04:28 AM   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Agh, I just realized the tokina I wanted to use doesn't have a manual switch on it. I hate that the pentax m42 adapter doesn't have some kind of internal ring or something to depress the aperture pin on m42 lenses. :@ Unsure if I will single this month.
08-01-2016, 07:10 AM   #88
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
On further reflection, I'll be sitting August out. Photo fatigue after my trip, and no foreseeable end to the foul weather, have collectively sapped my enthusiasm.

Have fun.
I will miss your insightful commentary and lovely shots.
08-01-2016, 07:48 AM   #89
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Bad weather makes good pictures!
Bland even grey and constant drizzle doesn't.
08-01-2016, 09:20 AM   #90
Pentaxian

About dropping stuff, my K-1 will be coming back from repair and FA 77 will follow maybe next week, because tripod fell down with them on it...I was shooting Stars and looked aay one moment...crash..'cry' . But. Just displays one rod got loose and FA 77 lens hood and filter ring got dingned. K-1 and 77 worked flawlesly after and were completelly repairable(lucky me that I have good travelinsurance). Allways there can be a surprise. My camera is on the way back from Sweden now...have been missing that beast.