Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 540 Likes Search this Thread
10-14-2017, 08:39 PM - 1 Like   #121
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
The back end. The best match I can find on this tractor from internet searching is a McCormick-Deering O-12 (or W-12).

(The front)

Last edited by KC0PET; 10-14-2017 at 08:45 PM.
10-15-2017, 06:07 AM   #122
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KC0PET Quote
These machines are a mechanical marvel IMO. A bit of trivia, apparently the first combine was introduced in 1836 (horse drawn).
I may be wrong but this might not strictly be a "combine" as it is doing the winnowing and threshing but the reaping, leaving the windrows, has already been done. I think the crop in this case is canola. There's certainly a lot of huge and interesting agricultural equipment on the Prairies.
10-15-2017, 06:41 AM   #123
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jacamar Quote
I may be wrong but this might not strictly be a "combine" as it is doing the winnowing and threshing but the reaping, leaving the windrows, has already been done. I think the crop in this case is canola. There's certainly a lot of huge and interesting agricultural equipment on the Prairies.
I scratched my head about that too. The head on the front is just picking up the windrow rather than cutting the plants. I did a little poking around and it looks like this is a process called "swathing" that is an alternate to a direct combine process. Thanks for the insight on that it is always good to learn something new.
10-23-2017, 07:34 PM - 2 Likes   #124
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Tractor with a pumpkin light

10-24-2017, 07:31 PM - 4 Likes   #125
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

old massey

Grandson Elias just turned 6 and he says he is ready to run that old massey. The tractor is actually the FE35 built in England in 1959; has a 3 cylinder Perkins that runs really smooth, love that engine. Rebuilt the rear end; replaced the ring & pinion gears & all the bearings; replaced the double clutch; payed someone else to rebuild the fuel injection pump; purchased a new pipe & muffler just have to make the time to replace it. I use the tractor for plow & disc work every year.
Second photo shows some excitement on Elias's face, he made my day.
goatsNdonkey, it took me awhile to get here, but hey I am a wee bit old & very slow. Love tractors, especially the older ones, love the great shots posted on this thread & happy to now be a part of it.
Best Regards, Bob
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
10-25-2017, 02:16 AM   #126
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
Grandson Elias just turned 6 and he says he is ready to run that old massey. The tractor is actually the FE35 built in England in 1959; has a 3 cylinder Perkins that runs really smooth, love that engine. Rebuilt the rear end; replaced the ring & pinion gears & all the bearings; replaced the double clutch; payed someone else to rebuild the fuel injection pump; purchased a new pipe & muffler just have to make the time to replace it. I use the tractor for plow & disc work every year.
goatsNdonkey, it took me awhile to get here, but hey I am a wee bit old & very slow. Love tractors, especially the older ones, love the great shots posted on this thread & happy to now be a part of it.
Best Regards, Bob
Nice MF.

I passed on one a few years back because the guy wouldn't budge on the price. Still kick myself for having let it go.
10-25-2017, 02:21 AM - 4 Likes   #127
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

This crawler is in a restaurant parking lot in Centralia, Washington. McCormick Deering, but I'm not sure what model. The location isn't good for getting a decent photo, and the day I was there the sky was overcast. So I 'shopped in a sky.

10-25-2017, 06:46 PM - 2 Likes   #128
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Best Regards, Bob
Welcome to the thread, Bob. I love that second shot, I probably have that same look when I am puttering around on our old Farmall M, just need someone to capture it sometime

---------- Post added 10-25-17 at 08:55 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
This crawler is in a restaurant parking lot in Centralia, Washington. McCormick Deering, but I'm not sure what model. The location isn't good for getting a decent photo, and the day I was there the sky was overcast. So I 'shopped in a sky.

Interesting find!
10-25-2017, 07:42 PM - 1 Like   #129
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Racer X 69, thank you. Some of the old MF's are a joy to run that is for sure.
KCOPET, thanks for the welcome. Now that you mention it, I most likely have that look pret near every time I get on one of my tractors. Thrilled to have them & thrilled to be able to still run them.
Best Regards, Bob
10-25-2017, 11:43 PM   #130
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Racer X 69, thank you.
You're welcome.

And please, call me Racer.
10-27-2017, 07:40 PM - 3 Likes   #131
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
10-27-2017, 11:10 PM   #132
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Tractors have sure changed. The newer machines on tracks remind me of the Arps Track accessory for the Ford 8N tractors.
10-28-2017, 06:46 PM - 1 Like   #133
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

old Ford

Old blue is still going strong. Here are a couple photos of my neighbor taken in some eared corn one row at a time. Slow but it gets the job done.
Best Regards, Bob
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
11-10-2017, 05:09 PM - 2 Likes   #134
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Another Ford

12-18-2017, 06:30 PM - 2 Likes   #135
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

winter

Here is a shot of my old 8N. Wish I had more room in the barn, hate to leave this good old tractor outside for the winter.
Best Regards, Bob
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo