Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2016, 11:30 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm in. I haven't decided which lens I'm going to use, though. Probably something 70mm or less. The Tele-Lentar 135mm was boatloads of fun, but I did feel a bit constricted. I do have a Tak 50/1.4, a Tamron Adaptall 28-70, or a Pentax-M 28mm that I might try. I have way too much vintage glass that I've picked up for next to nothing. I'll figure it out later tonight. (I wish I had a fisheye lens, but no dice.)

I did get some fun shots for the last day of September. Will post late tonight (following my Friday date night with my love, and some post-processing).

09-30-2016, 12:49 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
I'm spying a Soligor 135mm f1.8 - it's a monster with 82mm filter thread. If I am weak and cave to LBA I will be aboard.
Egads, that's quite the lens. Do you have a photo of it?

---------- Post added 09-30-16 at 03:51 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
I'm in.

I could do the tamron 90mm/2.8 macro, as it's springtime.

Or I could use the DA 50/1.8 or DA 35/2.4, as I'm due to do the preschool photos either in October or November.

Hrmm..
You should use the macro! They make amazing portrait lenses for doggers, and I found macros are fun to single with.
09-30-2016, 01:32 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have yet to acquire it. It's a real hunk of glass though... and 16 aperture blades.
09-30-2016, 02:32 PM - 1 Like   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Thanks guys for the well wishes... I am still employed! So I am in!!!!
Good news indeed! I am not sure about the month because this one has been crazy busy month for work and i have missed a lot of days as well as most days commenting, and it seems there will be no let up till the end of November when the exterior construction business ends in NYC for the year. Then again who knows... If I am in it will probably be with the 20-40 again, or the 21 limited.

09-30-2016, 03:20 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think I'll go with the 55-300. An auto everything zoom lens will be a breath of freedom after the smc-m 28mm.
09-30-2016, 05:16 PM   #36
Pentaxian

I considered carefully the question of what lens to use for this month. I am still hopeful the Lomo Daguerre will drop into my lap early next week, in which case I will be switching to it for the rest of the month. While I'm waiting, however, my eyes lit upon my much neglected Sigma one-touch manual focus 70-210mm zoom with A contacts.

I know the old Bushnell M42 has been sadly neglected since I bought it, but that lens is just so huge and heavy (1.35kg) that it isn't the sort of thing I can easily transport back and forth and carry in the camera bag 24/7, whereas the Sigma is a lot lighter and more compact, although it won't always write a reliable aperture to exif because it's a variable aperture zoom that doesn't communicate its focal length. However, it works well with my deglassed K-A adapter and offers interesting macro capabilities.

I know it's sort of cheating to nominate a switch partway through, but I'd rather jump right in and change than wait out a few days when there are ideas waiting to be expressed.

---------- Post added 30-09-16 at 21:51 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Egads, that's quite the lens. Do you have a photo of it?

---------- Post added 09-30-16 at 03:51 PM ----------

You should use the macro! They make amazing portrait lenses for doggers, and I found macros are fun to single with.
Amen to that. If I had to nominate one lens to get jammed on my K-5 it would be the 35 Macro DA Limited; that lens is a thing of beauty.
09-30-2016, 06:06 PM - 1 Like   #37
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
(For those who don't know, they decommissioned South Australia's one remaining fossil fuel power station, leaving the whole state powered by renewables, and then for good measure they demolished it. When a storm hit a few days back, the wind turbines all shut down, the interconnectors bringing backup fossil-fuel feed from interstate were cut, and the entire state was without power. Thank God the hospitals have backup generators (which run on diesel, I think).
Hang on. SA uses a lot of fossil fuel to generate electricity, but it is predominantly natural gas (abundant in the Cooper Basin in the state's north east), not coal. We do get a contribution from the coal fired generators from the eastern states.

The storm brought down 22 high tension transmission towers, which *necessitated* shutting down the grid for safety reasons.
The source of the power was not the problem.

10-01-2016, 07:17 AM - 1 Like   #38
Veteran Member

Decided on my spotmatic and Pentagon 50mm f1.8 lens.

Will be using a few rolls of fuji pro 160 NPS. As I got a few saved up in my fridge

Last minute edit
Got a tamron 24mm f2.5 with adaptall 2 m42 adapter. It is the lens I'm going to use

Last edited by malinku; 10-01-2016 at 09:24 AM.
10-01-2016, 04:49 PM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I shot and posted on the same day, starting out strong with the 21mm LTD

On the downside, I really don't like the Flickr app on my iPad2, it crashes all the time and I can't comment easily.
10-01-2016, 04:53 PM - 1 Like   #40
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

soooooo glad to be using a DA lens again.....
10-01-2016, 05:00 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
I really don't like the Flickr app on my iPad2, it crashes all the time and I can't comment easily.
Same - pity really, it is one of the main reasons I'm not really active in SIC - I don't have a mobile solution that lets me be social with my family, while still tuning in to the goings on here. I use a pretty good computer, but it lives in my basement, and well... having me live in my basement isn't good parenting to be frank.

anyway.. still humming and hawing over that Soligor 135/1.8... I was getting subtle enabling from a longtime SIC'er who is lurking the forum. i'm glad he's still around and hope we see him pop in now and again.
10-01-2016, 07:46 PM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm going to give it another try this month. Heat & jamming lenses & dogs needing vet appointments seemed to take over my life & along with everything else that's going on - adding anything else to my day would have been more of a drain than a pleasant experience. Going to use the DA 60-250. I got it very cheap because the motor doesn't work but I like shooting manual so I'll give it a go. Maybe I'll even learn how to fix the motor during the month. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. Feels like a good time to step back in. Looking forward to all your work!
10-01-2016, 09:23 PM   #43
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I guess, since I posted a pic taken with my DA16-45 yesterday - and indeed used only that lens yesterday - I'd better say the 16-45 is my October lens

10-01-2016, 09:28 PM   #44
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I missed today, business kept me too busy to take photos. I'll catch up tomorrow.
10-01-2016, 10:21 PM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I got rather spotty with my submissions toward the end of September due to work, though I did capture something with the DA LImited 35mm/F2.8 Macro most days. Finished the project at 11:58 pm last night so October looks much better. I decided go with the Vivitar Macro Focusing Zoom 28-210mm/F3.5-5.6, a lens I picked up cheap at some garage sale or thrift store. It has been sitting in the collection of forlorn lenses, waiting for its chance. It has come.

Last edited by Jim P; 10-01-2016 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Grammar corrections