Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-30-2016, 05:08 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Post Processing Challenging #195

Thanks for Hosting #194 Laurie.

For Challenge #195 I've picked a photo that was taken for the light. The sky was awesome and the golden light highlighted on the buildings was really cool so snapping away I went. Of course when I got home I wasn't happy with what I captured as the scene was somewhat uninspiring and cluttered. Of course that's me and as I've not done anything with this serires of images hopefully the various forum members will see things I can't. Maybe even Godzilla will make an appearance at last?

So a week for the challenge as usual, I'll post a reminder within the last couple of days for those that don't notice the end date here, which is: Midday Saturday 08 October Australian Eastern Standard Time

Multiple entries are fine of course and hopefully this K-1 and Zeiss 21/2.8 image will inspire lots of variations on the light theme.

Well good luck, the images can be found here:
DNG file: Simple File Sharing and Storage.
JPG file: Simple File Sharing and Storage.

Tas

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Information for the next host:
The mediafire website is: mediafire.com
The login name is: pentaxchallenge@outlook.com
The password is: postprocessing
Note to host: Copy and paste the above MediaFire information into your challenge to help the next winner

09-30-2016, 11:18 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here is an early attempt with which to get this challenge started off. I may revisit it later....but then again maybe not.....we'll see. Thank you for hosting this challenge Tas!

10-01-2016, 12:13 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Quick and dirty.... start of a sci-fi cityscape. I know I'll be wishing i did more with the foreground later!
Attached Images

10-01-2016, 03:45 PM   #4

B & w

.... my option

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
10-02-2016, 03:47 AM   #5
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It looks like we're off to a flying start, I hope we get some more challengers soon. The images posted already are a wonderful start and I'm feeling daunted at the thought of choosing a winner.

Great work guys.

Tas
10-02-2016, 05:36 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Not sure how to do this, but here is a quick snapseed light edit from my iPhone.
10-02-2016, 05:50 PM   #7
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ggascay Quote
Not sure how to do this, but here is a quick snapseed light edit from my iPhone.
G'day, there's no image in your post. If you've not participated in the challenge before here are the details:

1. In the original post for the thread there are two links to the mediafire website where you can download either or both the DNG RAW file or the full size JPEG.
  2. You do your post processing then save an SRGB version (max 900 pixels high) and either:
    • attach an image directly into your post from your file folder;
    • post the image to Flickr or similar and use the BB code to link to your post; or
    • upload into your album or gallery and using the 'Insert Album Photos' link under the smiley faces to the right of the message board, add the image to your post.
Hopefully that helps, I look forward to seeing your work.

Tas

10-02-2016, 06:39 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Hmmm... Downloaded a resize app that takes the quality down quite a few notches to get to 900 pixels, but here it is... Let's see if this works from google drive...

Last edited by ggascay; 10-02-2016 at 06:54 PM.
10-02-2016, 11:56 PM   #9
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hmmm... Downloaded a resize app that takes the quality down quite a few notches to get to 900 pixels, but here it is... Let's see if this works from google drive...

I can't see the image in your post, can you?
10-03-2016, 02:01 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I can't view it either.
10-03-2016, 02:24 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

Apparently, theres no easy way to submit a photo without a computer (iphone and ipad do not allow attachement locations) or a public respository such as Flicker to store images. Here is my final attempt to upload an image, this time by using a work PC after downloading to PC using the link in the last post and browsing to the file to upload... Hope it was worth it... Didn't want to alter the composition, only the light values adjusted with snapseed on my iphone...
Attached Images

10-03-2016, 08:50 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by todd; 10-04-2016 at 02:05 PM.
10-03-2016, 10:07 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Apparently, theres no easy way to submit a photo without a computer (iphone and ipad do not allow attachement locations) or a public respository such as Flicker to store images. Here is my final attempt to upload an image, this time by using a work PC after downloading to PC using the link in the last post and browsing to the file to upload... Hope it was worth it... Didn't want to alter the composition, only the light values adjusted with snapseed on my iphone...
I like it. Not so overprocessed like some others. But, when I submit my take on it, it will probably be overprocessed also.
10-04-2016, 10:01 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Starting over.

Last edited by Rimfiredude; 10-05-2016 at 08:55 AM.
10-05-2016, 12:51 AM - 1 Like   #15
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Challenge #195 Closing Down Sale!

Saturday's approaching and this sale must end soon!

Get in now for a special bargain before the discounts end!

Come midday Saturday, um that's in Australia, so I guess it'll still be Friday for most parts of the world. Yes in less than three days the challenge will end and your chance to host #196 will be gone. Gone I tells ya!

It will cease to be. It will be a dead challenge.

Maybe I shouldn't have had a beer before typing this reminder?

Anyhoo, the submissions so far have been really good and I hope we get a few more to add to the mix.

Tas