Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
10-25-2016, 06:57 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by automorphism Quote
Not sure if this is closed yet (weird timezone)...
I waited for monday to end in all timezones. So now the challenge is closed. Results up here later.

10-26-2016, 12:15 PM   #17

Original Poster
Thank you all for your edits! Clearly the image gained from being cropped. And the clouds in the original was a little overexposed.

And the results..

3rd place: Stagnant
Yes, indeed, that's very close to how i remember the scene, this october has been cloudy most days, not very bright, and short days, so the colors don't saturate much. Your result is the most realistic.

2nd place: newmikey
I like you "dream-like" brush strokes, very good!

Winner! Tas

I like your colors very much, and the analog feel about the image, almost like an old colorized b/w photo.
Congratulations to Tas, next challenge is yours.

10-26-2016, 12:28 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LarsW Quote
Your result is the most realistic.
What!? No way! Clearly MY colors were the most realistic!!!

Congras winners! Thanks for hosting Lars! See y'all next round.
10-26-2016, 01:07 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thank you all for your edits! Clearly the image gained from being cropped. And the clouds in the original was a little overexposed.

And the results..

Yes, indeed, that's very close to how i remember the scene, this october has been cloudy most days, not very bright, and short days, so the colors don't saturate much. Your result is the most realistic.

Winner! Tas

I like your colors very much, and the analog feel about the image, almost like an old colorized b/w photo.
Thanks, Lars. I rarely process photos in the "artistic" way. I prefer to have them as realistic as possible (when possible).

10-26-2016, 03:35 PM   #20
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

And the results..

Winner! Tas

Thank you Lars, I'm glad you like the textured look, for some images it works really well due to their timeless appearance which is an apt description of the scene you captured. And likely to be the only way I'll ever see Sweden so I appreciate that too.

Well done Stagnant and newmikey, and thanks to everyone who took up PP Challenge #197.

I will have a look for something challenging yet flexible to hopefully provide lots of PP options; will have something up for #198 soon.

Tas
10-26-2016, 05:43 PM - 1 Like   #21
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PP Challenge #198 is alive!

I have been able to set up the next challenge, so hopefully we'll see you all there.

Where? Why here of course: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/33...ml#post3810946

Tas